Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard the comparisons about ribery being the next whomever, but I don't want to say anything until I myself have seen him play a few times at least. Although for the sake of argument let's assume he's a quality player. I like the fact we're getting a good winger but I feel bad for the development of Sabri. Sabri is a talented youngster who I think will be with GS for a long time. He has a lot of potential and he's one of the few turks under 21 that has the potential to become a star. If ribery becomes part of the starting 11, it's obvious that Sabri will lose a vast amount of playing time. I mean GS are not gonna bench Sas, so it's very likely Sabri will get the axe. What are some of your thoughts on this matter?

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
in my opinion sabri is useless and he'll always be because he plays like a chicken without a head....he just runs around all the time but if he gets the ball he's most of the time useless, running backwards or just not having the balls to dribble one or two players...i for my part don't want to see a sabri on this level in the starting line-up of galatasaray, he's just not good enough at the moment...he would be a good substitute for ribery but thats all i mean we can't have an under average player playing on our right wing just because he's talented and perhaps in 5 years will be a decent player when we can have the (perhaps) next right winger of the France National team...so that's my point of view.

·
Registered
475 Posts
buzyb said:
in my opinion sabri is useless and he'll always be because he plays like a chicken without a head....he just runs around all the time but if he gets the ball he's most of the time useless, running backwards or just not having the balls to dribble one or two players...i for my part don't want to see a sabri on this level in the starting line-up of galatasaray, he's just not good enough at the moment...he would be a good substitute for ribery but thats all i mean we can't have an under average player playing on our right wing just because he's talented and perhaps in 5 years will be a decent player when we can have the (perhaps) next right winger of the France National team...so that's my point of view.
I agree except one point. I dont rate sabri as talented. If he can develop the best he can be is a quality-hard working midfielder nothing more nothing less. He got a powerful shot but besides that i dont see any kind of signs that made me think he will be first-class midfielder in the future. He should be a part of our team for the coming years but i dont expect much from him.. hope time will prove me wrong

·
*the drum drum*
42,919 Posts
I get the feeling that Sabri would perform better as a right back in a back four.. I'd like to see him play there for just a single game..

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't realize many of you thought sabri didn't have much to offer. He has the physical attributes to become a quality player. He's also very young and the aspects of his game that are lacking require playing time to develop. He has shown signs of developing over the last year, and let's not forget he's only been getting significant playing time for a year. If Ribery locks down that right wing position, then sabri will have a really tough time getting in that line-up, hence hindering his development even more. Don't get me wrong, if Ribery can come in and bring more quality to the team I'm all for it. I just wanted to point out the quid pro quo effect, insofar as us losing the potential development of one of G.S.'s top youngsters in trade for the possible upgrade in quality.

·
Registered
475 Posts
fcfnate said:
I didn't realize many of you thought sabri didn't have much to offer. He has the physical attributes to become a quality player. He's also very young and the aspects of his game that are lacking require playing time to develop. He has shown signs of developing over the last year, and let's not forget he's only been getting significant playing time for a year. If Ribery locks down that right wing position, then sabri will have a really tough time getting in that line-up, hence hindering his development even more. Don't get me wrong, if Ribery can come in and bring more quality to the team I'm all for it. I just wanted to point out the quid pro quo effect, insofar as us losing the potential development of one of G.S.'s top youngsters in trade for the possible upgrade in quality.
Well I dont think sabri has much room to improve. i dont doubt the pyschial aspects of his game but his vision and decision making is very poor and I dont see these qualities as suitable to imporvement.
Ps: I also dont like the guy, I am sick of him attacking the refree for evey whistle blown against him. As time goes by he will not mature just become more annoying. At least thats what i think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts