Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No surprise, worst coach in German football history, coached the worst German team since WW II.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
So who's gonna be the replacement now? I've heard that Trapp is the strongest candidate...that will really break the tradition. Several other names that have been mentioned are Rehhagel and Hittzfield and that Cristopher fella...
At least to me Deisler looks more and more promising...One of the better players in the German team (and there aren't many!) in Euro 2000.
Come on Deutschland, bounce back...WC 2002 qualification is 10 weeks away...

-- Nedved! in mourning :( --

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you must have heard that Christopher Daum is not an option anymore?, and why?

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Christoph Daum wrote in the german football-magazine "Kicker" that he´s not available for this position.
He wants to stay in Leverkusen, cause his contract lasts until the 30th June 2001.
Daum was even Franz Beckenbauer´s favorite, but now we can be curious about who will replace Ribbeck as Bundestrainer.
One possibility may be Giovanni Trapattoni, but there are a lot of other names mentioned as possible new coach for the German squad: Jupp Heynckes, who also proposed Luis Van Gaal(!!), Otto Rehagel, although he said he´s amused about this suggestion, Berti Vogts, Franz Beckenbauer, Rudi Völler,... .
The latest mention as possible coach is Jürgen Klinsmann.

So there are a lot of suggestions but noone who really wants to do the job. Let´s wait and see...

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Klinsi? Yeah that's cool :cool: :cool:
Sounds rather unlikely, though.

I've even heard about Matthaus considering to be the coach now! Really...The guy can't just quit can't he?

His comments (trashing on the teammates) on Kickers and Bild - if someone who doesn't know how close his relationship with the German media is reads all those news in the media, he'll have the impression that Matthaus is a saint and the rest of the squad are scums...
Tsk, tsk...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts