Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carsten Jancker comes in to replace Bierhoff and he will partner Ulf Kirsten up-front. So Germany will start with 2 different strikers compared to the first game.
Bierhoff as we all know is injured and misses the rest of the tournament and Paolo Rink was absolutely crap against Romania. Young talent Sebastian Deisler gets a starting line-up place, he's dubbed the new David Beckham. We shall see how great this guy is compared to Beckham tomorrow in Charleroi. And Dietmar Hamann comes in to replace Thomas Hassler, but IMO such a gifter player like Hassler should be playing. Hopefully he'll get a run later on.

It's touted a classic rivalry, but Germnay come into this match with arguably their weakest team in many years since these to 2 teams have met.
Funari, where are you?, on holiday or something?, if you were you couldn't reply of course.

·
Registered
138 Posts

No I'm not on holiday but a little busy at the moment..
Well, I don't know if the Euro 2000 team is weaker than the team of France 98. But it is obvious, that this team cannot be compared with Germany's squads in the 70s, 80s and early 90s!
I think it would be unfair to compare Beckham and Deisler! Sure, Deisler is a great talent, the biggest talent Germany has at the moment, but he is far away from being "the German David Beckham"...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Reply 2

I think, this will be a pretty close match tonight! I suppose England will play highspeed football in the first half and will take an early lead. But I hope Germany will battle back in the second half and score the equaliser! I think this game will end up in an one all draw!
But one's for sure: This game is obviously the fiercest rivalry in this tournament!
Here once again the starting eleven for both teams:

Germany:

_______________Kahn________________
____Babbel__Matthäus__Nowotny______
__________Jeremies__Hamann_________
Deisler_______________________Ziege
_______________Scholl______________
_________Jancker____Kirsten________

England:

______________Seaman_______________
_________Keown_____Campbell________
G. Neville_______________P. Neville
_______________Ince________________
Beckham________________________Wise
______________Scholes______________
_________Shearer______Owen_________

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is only one team in the competition I don't like and that is England, and I'm pretty gutted they beat Germany today, but Germany are going through a major, major transition right now. Had the old Klinsi or Voller been on the field, the Germans would have scored. Why the hell didn't Ribbeck put Hassler on?, doesn't he remember Euro 92, Hassler saved the Germans against the CIS with a beautiful free-kick, in other words, Hassler could have saved the game, his creativity is un-replaceable, instead the totally useless Michael Ballack came on, why is he even in teh squad?.
Bierhoff's presence was sorely missed, was shown, Kirsten was nowhere to be seen, was he even playing?, and Jancker, what can I say, crap and crap, might aswell have played Freddie Bobic.
Sorry, but I thought Jancker was better than what he showed against England. And Rink?, well he's not even good enough for this German team, he would have never been an international 10 years ago.
Ribbeck, play Hassler, play Bode, kick out the totally ineffective, Hamann, Ziege, Jancker. There's got to be some more possibilities. Play with one forward, maybe we'll see more of Kirsten when he's by himself upfront. UEFA should really allow the Germans to call on a replacement. Bierhoff is out, and 2 others are total losers. Klinsman, come out of retirement!!! like Voller did in 94, and make it happen for the ''mannshafft''

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Driver X : you were pretty gutted? I was totally miserable! The last team I'd want to see through from this group is England!!! The only consolation was that at least Owen failed to impress!

At least Deisler looked more and more promising; I'm glad he played from the start :)

We DO need more promising talent! 1 is not enough...But remembering that Scholl had been spotted since 93/94 as ; future star and he's only really established himself just last season...I hope that won't be the case for Deisler.

-- Nedved! in mourning :( :( :( --

1 - 5 of 5 Posts