Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to get something started at this forum i am wondering about your opinions of the Strikers at club.
I am not sure but Depor seem to change from 1 striker to 2 regularly with many offensive midfielder (Djalma,Flavio).

The first pick is Ex-tenerife striker Makaay. He is a very good finisher with both head and feet. Is not comparable to any other Dutch striker and could be a good addition to the Euro 2000 Dutch squad.

the Second pick is the very techniqual argentinian "Turu-Flores". He has waay more ballskill then Makaay but lacks that goalscoring instinct. But he is a very good striker anyways.

Pauleta...Hmm, here i need a Portugese or Depor fan to sort out his strenghts. Cause honestly i know very little about him. All i know is that Portugal are lacking quality strikers for Euro 2000, Sa Pinto (who isnt a natural striker) and Pauleta doesnt scare any other striker pairing in their Euro group.

Well, these are my thoughts and it would be nice to have some sort of knowledge about Pauleta so come on you Blues and post on :) !

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I usually don't do things like this, but i am asking you at Depor to keep choking when it really matters. My Barca isn't playing it's best right now and could use some more nervous play from you guys against Racing this weekend. Watch out for Salva! Ha ha. Hey i know we lost today, so i guess you guys can insult me all you want. I just want the Liga, bigtime.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hello Real&Barcafan,

Well I don't really follow Deportivo and I am not Portuguese but I do know a little about the team.

Lately they have been playing with just one striker but Djalminha frequently plays in a striker spot or a position commonly known as a 9 1/2 (in between a 9 and a 10). And although Victor is listed as a striker he is really a midfielder, a winger. Makaay is a smooth player, while Pauleta is more physical but they have similar styles. I would say Pauleta does not involve himself as much and is more static. But he does have a nice shot when presented the opportunity. He is a good player but nothing special. In fact the other player you mentioned, Sa Pinto from Real Sociedad, is a much more dangerous player in my opinion.

Turu Flores is a player I like a lot. I remember him from Las Palmas and I thought he should easily be with a top team. I don't think he gets as much playing time as he deserves. The reason might be that sometimes he just drifts out of the game, while he is a great creator he can be very lazy.

Just editing my post, I forgot to mention that Flavio is not an offensive mid. He is a defensive midfielder, known in Brazil as a volante (Any Brazilians please correct me if I am wrong). While he is physical he doesn't have a lot of skill like other volantes such as Vampeta.

[This message has been edited by Juanele (edited 11-05-2000).]

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well,that shows how much i know about Depor :)

By the way Juan, where in spain do you live?

Also i would like to say that even though people might not like my topics at all, i still dont see an Depro fans. Is this board a waste of...Space or whatever?

Real&Barcafan

I also forgot..Then what role has Jokanovic and Mauro Silva have,isnt Mauro Silva the DM?

[This message has been edited by Real&Barcafan (edited 11-05-2000).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts