Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long hiatus, and picking up Shisha smoking for six months now, I'm back on the pitch.

No more unhealthy lifestyle.

Work issues, and being a daddy took up my energy and stress in 2015, making it the first year in my life that I really take a long break from sport. Time to change that again and get my shit together.

I want to use this to document my progress :proud:

Will post pics.

Tonight's game is outdoor, in a very humid atmosphere. It's a friendly practice match with work colleagues. Most of them are smokers and unfit, so the level of play should be somewhat equal to mine. :D :sigh: Also the familiar faces will make it comfortable and less intimidating.

This Saturday I *might* take part in an amateur tournament in case I feel I'm "fit enough" after tonight, else I'll stick to my work-mates till I get my fitness back.

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The game went well. It was very light-medium paced, and perfect for me to slowly regain my poor fitness.

We played 7-a-side, and I was deployed as an MC.

My philosophy last night was purely: "Do not lose the ball for any reason, and prevent any turnover/counterattack"

I did my best to pick out the easy pass if I was tight, and pick out a long precise pass if I had space and time to look up and identify the optimal pass.

It worked out well. The game ended 5-5. We were 3-0 up! they came back to 3-4, until the score evened out at 5-5. I provided a buildup assist (i.e. I passed to someone, who passed to the scorer). I cut out a few passes. Two of the goals conceded were entirely my fault- as I was too easily out of breath and slow to chase the man I'm supposed to be marking.

Attachments

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This morning my toes are all blistered. I got invited for a practice match to train with a team of semi-pro's tonight, but it's going to be too fast-paced for me.

How can I quickly heal the blisters if I choose to play tonight? Because honestly I can barely walk. :(

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha.

That's a first. I see the resemblance. :)

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,885 Posts
This morning my toes are all blistered. I got invited for a practice match to train with a team of semi-pro's tonight, but it's going to be too fast-paced for me.

How can I quickly heal the blisters if I choose to play tonight? Because honestly I can barely walk. :(
You can't heal them, but there are special bandages for blisters which have some sort of a gel membrane on them. You will find them in most pharmacies, which are great. You won't feel the blisters at all with those on.

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Played Game 2.

I was horrible. Gave away many passes and defended poorly. The game was physical, and I admit...guilty as charged, I had a smoke on the same day. Fags at work dragged me out and I couldn't resist :(

Played Game 3. Overall I was better. Hadn't smoked in a week, since Game 2.

I ran well, passed well. Not as good as Game 1.

We won 12-10 against a very physical side. I didn't score any, but assisted one goal. I played defensively, and ran up for one volley shot, that went just wide. :D

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
We won 12-10 against a very physical side. I didn't score any, but assisted one goal. I played defensively, and ran up for one volley shot, that went just wide. :D
Was it 6 aside?

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
That's quite a high scoring game for 8 a-side.

I too play quite regularly now. I play in defence since I lack both speed and stamina.

Looking forward to your next update :)

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's quite a high scoring game for 8 a-side.

I too play quite regularly now. I play in defence since I lack both speed and stamina.

Looking forward to your next update :)
My latest update was I reached the pitch last Saturday, only to realize I forgot my boots :drunk: :palm:

To compensate my disappointment I discovered a video game store right next to it. THey had every vintage console you could think of, like a kid in a candy store. But I digress.

I will play this Saturday, and hopefully bring my boots along with me. :hopeful:

P.S. How do you quit smoking? :doh:

·
Registered
13,590 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
^ Not true.

How many do you smoke a day, Haytham?

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't smoke cigarettes, I do the odd shisha.

I'm proud to say though, I been shisha free for a whopping 10 days. :happy:

Even last night I was far from my house for Juve-Torino match, so I popped by a cafe to watch the game exactly at kick off, with the intention of shisha-ing with a cup of tea :D ...but those f*ckers were stubborn and wanted to watch La Liga action even though Real nor Barcelona were playing during the time that Juve-Torino was on.

Long story short, I drove home and reached by the 30th minute, and ordered pizza. :D no shisha! :stuckup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts