Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I had a thread here earlier but I couldnt find it. Anyways I bought tickets for the Uruguay Vs USA match on the 12th of May.

I bought tickets in the M44 (Mezzanine Level), which were supposedly the best tickets availible. They cost me 80 bucks each. In this seating chart ( http://www.dcunited.com/index.cfm?section=facility&cont_id=94142 ) the seats look like nose bleed section type of seats, nowhere near the field.

If someone that knows the stadium can tell me if I got ripped off or not. I do care about view but I do want to be kind of close to the action

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Don't worry, you're in good shape.

The chart you linked to doesn't even show the nosebleed section because United never sells enough tickets to fill those seats.

You are essentially at the press box level which extends well out over the 200 section below it. You'll have a great view of the match, though you'll be in the corner.

OSF and I will be in the 205 section, about 20 rows from the field. I wanted to be higher up but c'est la vie.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Yeah Seb, that chart doesn't even show the upper deck nosebleed sections..... you have great seats. They are under cover, so if it rains you are gonna be dry.

I am waiting to see if I can cop some freebie tickets from one of my local soccer sources from my 30+ years of playing here... I'll let you guys know if/when I get some so we can try to hook up.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Freddie said:
I am waiting to see if I can cop some freebie tickets from one of my local soccer sources from my 30+ years of playing here... I'll let you guys know if/when I get some so we can try to hook up.
Didn't you say that about the last national team match at RFK? And as I recall, your pal stiffed you and you didn't get to go.

Come on Freddie, put down some money, support MLS and the US National team, and make sure you'll get to see the match! :)

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Good memory Hern, on target. And well delivered blow regarding supporting the team. I really shouldn't miss that match, it should be as full blown as a friendly can be, both teams in final tuneup mode for the WC.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope I can convince my dad to stay for the DC game he says he has to work in the mourning and he wants to get back home as soon as possible.

Thanks for the info on the stadium.

I found another seating chart that is better if anyone is intrested.

http://www.rfkstadium.com/diagrams/index.asp

So do you guys think the game will be sold out. I hope so, and I hope to see a Reyna Vs Recoba type of game. Hopefully both players will play the game.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I think Reyna will most likely play... I hope Recoba does too. The Stadium has a lower and upper bowl.... the lower bowl will definitely sell out (thats like 25,000 I think, right Hern?). If there is enough demand they will start selling the upper bowl also.

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
As a side note. The game is on Mother's Day! So those of us who have better halves had better start thinking about excuses and compensations before attending the game! :D

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Seb, correct me if I'm off target on any of this.... you're family is Uruguayan and you and your dad are coming all the way from Toronto to DC to watch Uruguay NT play a friendly. My guess is that your mom realizes it will be hopeless to try and stop you guys from coming. Get her flowers and a gift before you go and have something better for her when you get back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts