Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aragones stirs up another race storm

Spain coach Luis Aragones has dug himself deeper into a hole over his remark about Thierry Henry by now referring to Jose Antonio Reyes as 'a gypsy'.

Aragones faces disciplinary action from the Spanish FA, who have launched an investigation into the coach telling Reyes that he was better than 'that black shit' Henry.

Now, in an interview with Madrid newspaper El Mundo, Aragones tried to defend himself but succeeded only in making things worse.

Aragones said: 'Reyes is ethnically a gypsy, I have got a lot of gypsy and black friends, I consider myself a citizen of the world, I don't care about their skin colour.

'All I did was to motivate the gypsy by telling him he was better than the black.

'I feel I have been the victim of a lynching. All I did was try to motivate Reyes comparing him with Henry and making him see that he was better.

'I didn't use the term 'black' with any racist meaning.

'I'm not going to forget what's happened. A section of the press in this country [Spain] has lynched me and I will not forget that my family have had a very bad time as a consequence of this.'

Arsenal are understood to be unhappy at Aragones' latest remark but will not be taking any formal action.

This bloke truely is one of a kind.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Idiot.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Reyes is a gypsy?????? Thats what I thought neway, so if thats the case whats wrong with what aragones said

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Reyes is a gypsy, but why does Aragones have to make such an issue of things ? the words come out making him sound like he thinks Gypsies are superior to blacks.

whatever he meant or didn't mean, this bloke really does just love to put his foot in his mouth. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
It's because he's just a silly old fool who likes the attention it brings him. If everyone had the same amount of sense as Henry does, we'd just ignore him.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
he is stupid by traing to explain himself he burrie himself deeper. he need to just stop talking

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
lol too funny :p there is probably only a handful of idiots in this would that would do something like that....

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
or does it, hes getting press, hes getting famous, which leads to trouble, which can also lead to MONEY!

·
Registered
786 Posts
hehehe CIGAN !!!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
hmm how is reyes a gypsy though? i mean henry is black but how is reyes a gypsy?

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
SERGE said:
hehehe CIGAN !!!
good one:D
No, Cygan isn't a Cigan, Reyes is a Cigan and Cygan is a non-Cigan.
Pay attention!;)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
heeh no you dont understand in yugoslavian 'Cigan' means 'Gypsy' and thats what he was trying to say ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts