Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jose Antonio Reyes insists he is happy to pledge his future to Arsenal, despite conceding again he would be interested in playing for Real Madrid.

The Spain international has been the subject of intense speculation since the turn of the year after twice claiming he wanted to join Real.

He admits that, if Real declare a firm interest in his services, he would have to seriously think about returning to his homeland.

But Reyes has stressed that does not mean he is unsettled at Highbury and he is fully focused on helping The Gunners.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger splashed out £10.5 million to bring the attacker to North London in January 2004 and Reyes does not regret making the move.

Reyes is adamant he is happy in The Premiership with Arsenal and will not demand a switch to Santiago Bernabeu, preferring to leave his future in The Gunners' hands.

"Joining Arsenal was the best decision I've ever made," affirmed Reyes.

"There's been a lot of talk that I want to join Real Madrid this summer but the truth is that I'm happy at Arsenal.

"I still expect to achieve more success and win many more titles here.

"But nobody must forget that Spain is my country and Real Madrid are the best team there.

"So, if they want me, it's understandable I'd think about it seriously.

"But my future lies here. It's a matter for Arsenal to decide and they'll have to speak to me and Real Madrid if there's genuine interest."

---------

WTF?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
the little twat, has he no fukin respect ? so he is happy to stay with us UNTIL RM actually want him is he ? well how fukin big of him ? we should all be thankful, without his amazing skills he has shown the past year we wouls surely be middle of the table :rollani:

i hope Wenger sells him soon, what sort of message does this send our squad ?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find the bit at the bottom totally disheartening, not to mention infuriating - he's just letting Madrid know that even if they don't want him now, they've got a green light to do so in the future. So we hang onto him until he hits top form, but don't worry Real Madrid, you've got first choice on him, whenever you're ready.

What are we, some kind of feeder club?

·
63,337 Posts
that's true, he's acting as if he is a RM player that they have loaned to us for a couple of years :yuck:

the arrogance and disrespect is nauseating, not to mention the complete stupidity that the fans are going to accept his little "peace offering" :rollani:

this transfer is turning into a nightmare, now wonder Henry always shoots him moody looks, tbh Henry was probably the only one who sussed this spoilt little kunt from day 1

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Sounds like he hasn't made up his mind yet, would be a good idea to do that before he starts making press statements.

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
Of course, King Thierry XIV is the ultimate know-all being on the planet ;)
Wenger should have shown Henry a picture of Reyes before he signed, Henry would have been able to decipher his starsign, moodswings and mental character just from one glance.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jern Lizardhous said:
Wenger should have shown Henry a picture of Reyes before he signed, Henry would have been able to decipher his starsign, moodswings and mental character just from one glance.
Should've done that with Jeffers too :cry:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Incidentally, I saw that muppet Pennant on tv the other day, seems he has been given permission to play matches with an ankle bracelet.. The world of football surely is an interesting place.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
numerodix said:
Incidentally, I saw that muppet Pennant on tv the other day, seems he has been given permission to play matches with an ankle bracelet.. The world of football surely is an interesting place.
Pennant is just a moron and the perfect example of why we don't buy English players. The majority of young English footballers are spoilt little bastards who constantly do things like this.

Funny that they all end up on Tyneside though ...

·
63,337 Posts
numerodix said:
Sounds like he hasn't made up his mind yet, would be a good idea to do that before he starts making press statements.
more like his agent has found out RM want Robinho not him, and he has been told he better stay here until he actually starts playing some decent football so RM will actually WANT him. :shades:

·
63,337 Posts
numerodix said:
and Pennant turned down a contract of Birmingham claiming he still wants to play for Arsenal didn't he ? :howler:

are these players completely thick as shit or what ?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
numerodix said:
Is it English players in general or just the English players Arsenal sign? :D
All of them in general, the majority of the younger English players are thick as cow shit. Pretty boys who think they can do whatever they want and have no concept of responsibility at all.

Aside from VP our foreign younger players are responsible people.

·
63,337 Posts
numerodix said:
Is it English players in general or just the English players Arsenal sign? :D
English in general sadly, you have the Geordie fight fest, and looks like two players are going for the POY awards Terry and Lampard are the ones that 4 years ago mooned to Americans on Sep 11. :tongue: that's without Woodgate watching his mate bite a chunk out of a guys cheek.

mind we do get the odd Andalucian or Parisian thickie as well.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We could write a thesis on Rio "Innit" Ferdinand and how much of a complete moron he is.

·
63,337 Posts
at least Gazza was funny being an idiot, daft as a brush was all he was, well until that time he battered his missus all over the shop, that was going a bit far and wasn't very funny i think he'd agree. :mute:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How about Tony Adams as a younger player? Let's see here, gets sent to prison for drink driving :pp we're starting to notice a running theme here :pp

Except for Owen, but he's completely boring.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
khimik said:
How about Tony Adams as a younger player? Let's see here, gets sent to prison for drink driving :pp we're starting to notice a running theme here :pp

Except for Owen, but he's completely boring.
Quite.. and the theme seems to be that the Premiership hosts a lot of questionable individuals. :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts