Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reyes

arsenal have bid £20million for juan antonio reyes from sevilla. as a fan of spanish football i think that you have to be really stupid as there are much better players. fernando torres is sooo much better but that arsenal for you :yuck:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the telegraph said that the money had become available since the ashburton grove move had been finalised, u bid £9 mill in july and £15 in september, both rejected. van persie is only £5mill and better so sign him!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
WE DO NOT NEED HIM

and we must concentrate on those players

1) Kluivert
2) Van Prise
3) Trabulsi
4) Matzelder or Mexes
5) Defoe
6)Frey

and will be very lucky to get 4 or 5 of them

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
arsenal have bid £20million for juan antonio reyes from sevilla. as a fan of spanish football i think that you have to be really stupid as there are much better players. fernando torres is sooo much better but that arsenal for you
as a fan of english football (arsenal) i think that you have been really stupid to post this because when will wenger ever bid 20 million for a player.

:howler:

gooner4life, we dont need frey. we only need 1 striker. think it should be defoe > kluivert cose his younger.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
you know

all these players will not cost us more than 25 million pound
and this is our budget by the summer

Kluivert ====> 1.5
Van prise ===> 5
Trabulsi ====> free (bosman)
Mexes or Metzelder ===>7
Defoe ====>5
Frey =====>5

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
rio is a better athlete
but ferrari defensive reading of the game is far superior

if rio improved that side of his game he would be a more complete centre back and would be better than ferrari IMO

pace isn't that much of a weakness for a centre back aslong as his reading and positioning is very good
but no matter how high your defensive ability is you can't get extremely slow like aldair or blanc

the best defenders rarely get caught out for pace because they are usually in the right place and have a head start even if they are slower than the attacker

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I agree with the most part of what you've said Ferrari really has a better reading, but I do think the defender needs speed and explosion. If a player like Sheva receives long balls no matter how well positioned the defender is, he's going to get beaten.

Ferrari isn't slow though. Samuel is slow. That's why he's much better playing as a sweeper behind two other guys in the defense (and in that subject he's the best of the world).

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
samuel is the best defender i have ever seen

samuel is average speed and not slow
ferrari is also not a speedy player but is a speedy thinker,
u rarely see samuel get caught out and he reading of the game is second to none
they both have excellent recovery due to their quick timing and excellent decision making

a player like samuel makes sure he is one step ahead of the attacker,so he gets ahead start and won't be caught out for pace

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
samuel is great, very very good.

mexes? i dont think we'll be signing mexes this summer, maybe end of the season yes, not now. we tried to sign him last off season, didnt get him, some legal mumbo jumbo? i think he was to expensive.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
What Spanish press is saying is that Arsenal offered 30 million € to Sevilla for Reyes (having Pires, it is ridiculous). Besides As also says that Arsenal allowed Real Madrid to negotiate with Henry.

D

·
0 Posts
1. Arsenal have got £20million to spend, but they want 2 or 3 players at least.
2. Van Percie is not better than Reyes, ludicris suggestion.
3. Metzelder will cost over £10million, Mexes will cost around £5m.
4. Ferrari is better than Mexes, but not as good as Metzleder.
5. Ferrari is not one of the top 10 defenders in the world
6. Ferrari is not better than Rio(he's not top 10 either though)
7. Samuel is class, second best defender in the world(after Nesta)
8. If Samuel is the best you've seen, you never saw Baresi or Moore play(or Maldini at his best)
9. What have Ferrari and Samuel got to do with Arsenal??
10. If Reyes is bought he'd prob play in Bergkamp's role.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Yes, we do need another striker or two, but is Reyes the answer?
Skillwise yes, but peneywise no. ;)

There are alot players out there who would do a good job for us for half that price...

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
yea reyes are to expensive., all those "godly" youngsters fetch so much its beyond. its like they are destined to be great, they still can fail.

and about aimar?? are you serious??? we cannot afford him!!!

1 - 20 of 185 Posts