Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's a great talent but I think arsenal Paid a tad to much for him,What do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,928 Posts
Schumy said:
He's a great talent but I think arsenal Paid a tad to much for him,What do you think?
your judging to early aint you? you wont even see if his worth it or not in 2 season, i reckon 3 season he'll become one of the worlds best.

take henry, first season you could question our price for him, now his one of the best bargains in history of the game.

so ask this question later :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I am swift,Yet I still feel he was overpriced in today's market.Anyhow I may've asked this a tad pre-mature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,928 Posts
Schumy said:
Maybe I am swift,Yet I still feel he was overpriced in today's market.Anyhow I may've asked this a tad pre-mature.
i believe it was a great buy

seville was in need for cash, we were in need for a striker.

if we had stalled any longer, chelsea would of picked him up in the summer.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,095 Posts
we done sevilla a favour we buy a CLASS player (further scouting for me to judge him even though he's on the back of my shirt)For 20mill (can someone convert that into euro's please)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,028 Posts
he was expenisve, but he is young and shows great talent. he has great touch and pace. some of the passes he pulled off last night were great...just the quick flicks here and there.

he'll be good...he just needs more time and i think a starting position will be meritted.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
he was the most dynamic player on the pitch yesterday for that twenty minute period,i think he will prove to be a bargain even if we pay the full amount of £16.4m that is based on us winning CL so we won't worry. :D

did you see the move where he made a complete cock out of Brown,super technique,very fast and imagination,what more do you want?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,928 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
he was the most dynamic player on the pitch yesterday for that twenty minute period,i think he will prove to be a bargain even if we pay the full amount of £16.4m that is based on us winning CL so we won't worry. :D

did you see the move where he made a complete cock out of Brown,super technique,very fast and imagination,what more do you want?
yea in the FA cup semi, he was great, great touch great pass and dribbling.

and no one knows for sure his exact price, maybe seville keeps telling themselves they got alot of cash for it when they didnt.

you know..trying to make them feel better ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Reyes is only 20 and one of the biggest talents I've ever seen :dazed: . I'm sure he'll be worth every penny we spent on him. He was one of very few postive things yesterday (Clichy certainly were another, I admit it ;) ) and what he & Henry will be able to do togheter if they can adapt to eachother and get a good understanding get me excited even a day like this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
678 Posts
Umarnino said:
we done sevilla a favour we buy a CLASS player (further scouting for me to judge him even though he's on the back of my shirt)For 20mill (can someone convert that into euro's please)
1Pound = about 1.6 Euro, I think
so, its 32 000 000 euro;)
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
the Reyes fee

Reyes's club Sevilla are guaranteed a total of 15 million euros with a further 9.5 million linked to the players' appearances and the degree of success Arsenal enjoy with him in the team,this includes victory in CL. :D

The total of 24.5 million euros is the equivalent of 16.4 million pounds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Re: the Reyes fee

Jern Lizardhous said:
Reyes's club Sevilla are guaranteed a total of 15 million euros with a further 9.5 million linked to the players' appearances and the degree of success Arsenal enjoy with him in the team,this includes victory in CL. :D

The total of 24.5 million euros is the equivalent of 16.4 million pounds.
How do you know this ?
 

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
Joined
·
14,769 Posts
Give him a chance . He is still adapting. But he is no C.Ronaldo:strong:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Re: Re: the Reyes fee

Jacke Sigfridsson said:
How do you know this ?
because the board released an Offex statement,something they never ever do,all other fees are undisclosed,the reason being the Sevilla boss's absurd claims that we had paid more for Reyes than RM did for Beckham.;)

the Sevilla boss shut his mouth a bit rapid after that. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,853 Posts
People said that 12.5 million quid for CR was over the top but his performances since January have showed the potential that this kid possesses.

naturally when you buy a young player for such an astronomical figure then people might feel that it was a bit too much but only time will tell.At present one can only judge by looking at his potential and he does look good.Maybe not as good as CR but good.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,928 Posts
Shaf said:
People said that 12.5 million quid for CR was over the top but his performances since January have showed the potential that this kid possesses.

naturally when you buy a young player for such an astronomical figure then people might feel that it was a bit too much but only time will tell.At present one can only judge by looking at his potential and he does look good.Maybe not as good as CR but good.:D
we shall see if his better then CR. depends what playign style you like. i personally dont like his step overs, just so boring, i ve seen kids at my school who can do it just as good :rolleyes:
 

·
XT Post Number King
Joined
·
111,120 Posts
Patrick said:
Bah, you should have signed Raffie Van der Vaart but it's too late now since he's already said he wants to join my Barca. ;) :tongue:
VDV or torres would have been excellent signing for arsenal...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Re: Re: Re: the Reyes fee

Jern Lizardhous said:
because the board released an Offex statement,something they never ever do,all other fees are undisclosed,the reason being the Sevilla boss's absurd claims that we had paid more for Reyes than RM did for Beckham.;)

the Sevilla boss shut his mouth a bit rapid after that. :D
Cheers! Didn't know that;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,947 Posts
We have tried to sign VDV, but apparently Wenger was more interested to sign Reyes. Of course, who wouldn't want to sign the next Spanish biggest future talent ? I think VDV would go to Barça as he stated he always wanted to play for them. But if he is going to Arsenal, he would play alongside Henry and Reyes goes back to his old position at left wing to replace the aging Pires.
 
1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Top