Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Die Lügen von Arsenals Reyes: "Holt mich hier raus!"

Es sollte ein gemütlicher Mittwochabend werden, Mutter und Sohn, da klingelte das Telefon im Londoner Hause Reyes. José Antonio, spanischer Stürmer in Diensten des FC Arsenal, nahm ab und er fand nichts Überraschendes daran, daß sich die Stimme aus der Heimat am anderen Ende der Leitung unter dem Namen Emilio Butragueño, Vizepräsident von Real Madrid, vorstellte. Ob er zu den Königlichen wechseln wolle, fragte der Anrufer. Da brach es aus Reyes heraus: "Ich halte es hier nicht mehr aus. So habe ich mir das nicht vorgestellt. Es ist unerträglich." Real wäre, so der 21jährige, ein Lebenstraum. Auch müsse er dann nicht mehr mit "schlechten Menschen" zusammenspielen. Das Gespräch kulminierte in einem Flehen. Reyes: "Holt mich hier raus!".

Locker hätte er hinzufügen können: "Ich bin ein Star", schließlich gilt der Dribbelkönig, vor einem Jahr für 35 Millionen Euro vom FC Sevilla zu Arsenal gewechselt, als einer der talentiertesten Kicker des Kontinents. Real, so wird spekuliert, möchte ihn mit Arsenal gegen seinen englischen Stürmer Michael Owen tauschen. Das Problem ist bloß, daß es sich bei dem Anrufer nicht um Emilio Butragueño handelte. Sondern um einen Reporter des Radioprogramms "El Tirachinas" des Senders Cadena Cope.

In der Nacht zum Donnerstag wurde das zuvor aufgezeichnete Gespräch ausgestrahlt, und Reyes hilft es nun wenig, daß nicht nur er sich übertölpeln lassen hat, sondern auch seine Mutter, die über Freisprechanlage den vermeintlichen Señor Butruageño umschmeichelte ("Mein Sohn wird Ihnen viele glanzvolle Abende bereiten"). Reyes' Beteuerungen der Tage zuvor ("Ich bin glücklich bei Arsenal") sind als Lügen entlarvt. Und der echte Butragueño? Würde solche Abwerbungsversuche natürlich nie unternehmen. "Eine Schande", sagte er in Madrid.
http://www.welt.de/data/2005/02/12/462490.html

I know I know this is german, but for sure there are also english sources (I will look for them)

It is said that Reyes was ffooled by a radio station. He was saying please please get out of this hell, I want back to Spain pls. Real Madrid let me play for you!

TOTALY FUNNY!

Husky

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damned by own words

By ERIC BEAUCHAMP

JOSE REYES admitted he wants to quit Arsenal because living in England is a ‘pain in the a**e.’

The Gunners star, 21, was fooled by a hoax call from a Spain radio station into believing he was talking to Real Madrid vice-president Emilio Butragueno.

SunSport told yesterday how homesick Reyes made it clear live on air he wants to quit Highbury for Real Madrid.

The winger’s mother Mari and agent Jaime Rodriguez were also duped by the hoaxer from Cope Radio’s El Tirachinas show.

The joke conversation has laid bare serious discontent in the Arsenal dressing room in light of the Ashley Cole tapping-up row.

The transcript below shows there can be NO mistake Reyes also wants out.

Fake Butragueno: This is Emilio Butragueno. I think you know why I’m calling. The situation is that Owen will go and we would like to settle this now.

Agent: You’ve caught me unaware. I’ve spoken to Paco de Gracia (a Real Madrid scout) and he told me that if the club had anything to say they would give me a call.

Now you’re calling me but I don’t know how the story about Reyes came out in the Press. I imagine you have been in contact with Arsenal . . . is there an agreement? Well, we’ll have to arrange a meeting.

FB: I want to speak with the player.

A: I’ll pass him the phone.

FB: That would be good if you can call him over and tell him what I want to talk to him about.

A: OK. I’ll await your call.

(Reyes comes on the line)

FB: Hello Reyes, how are you?

Reyes: How are you Emilio? I’m good.

FB: You know that we are going to take this forward because you’re not happy in London?

JR: The truth is that I’m not well. I have to admit things the way they really are.

FB: Our interest is very clear for you and Owen can go there as well. We need a player on the left wing and at first we thought about Joaquin, but Luxemburgo (Real coach) wants Beckham on the right and Raul said it has to be you.

R: I’m happy he said that.

FB: You’re good friends?

R: The truth is I get on with him brilliantly.

FB: Are you interested in Madrid?

R: It makes me happy. I have always said my dream is to play there and, God willing, it will, it can happen.

FB: How this will go quickly is that now you know what to say, what will make the president happy, that you have always wanted to come to Madrid, that it’s a dream, that you want to wear the white shirt . . .

R: Yes, yes of course. There’s no problem with that.

FB: If anyone asks you, deny everything.

R: Of course.

FB: We will do the same as well. We want meetings soon because we think we are close to a deal in principle with Sergio Ramos (Seville striker), who will definitely come in the summer. So relax. Are you happy?

R: I’m very happy. Furthermore I can tell you seriously: My dream since I was little is to play for Real Madrid and I would be happy to play in the team.

If I’m not, I’m going to have to carry on playing with some bad people. I’m sure there are none in the Real dressing room.

FB: We want meetings with Jaime in a quiet and discreet restaurant, the Txistu, and now I’m already imagining you alongside Zidane.

R: What’s more they’re good guys as well.

FB: Besides, we need a bit of spark.

R: There’ll be no lack of spark.

FB: Because to live in London must be a pain in the a**e . . .

R: Tell me about it. My family are fed up.

FB: The food there is terrible.

R: Yeah, but as I’ve got my family here I eat Spanish food. If not, I would die.

FB: I think I’ve made you happy tonight.

R: Tonight and many more.

FB: There has to be a lot of discretion and I would like to give my regards to your mother.

(Mum comes on the line)

Mum: Good evening Emilio. You have given me 20 more years of life.

FB: The lad deserves it.

M: He will give you many glorious nights. He is a lad who doesn’t go out in the street, who doesn’t go to discos.

FB: Here everyone goes out and there’s always trouble.

M: I have another, older son and he doesn’t go out either.

FB: Are you happy?

M: I don’t know what else I could ask for.

FB: Do you like Madrid?

M: Of course, I’d live in Madrid even if it was in a shack.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005070345,00.html

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
I think the whole interview is a lie. It was made up by radio cope and now everyone writes it off from the other.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
It is real, they usually do these things in el radiador, they have great imitators and they normally call people as if they were someone famous. That is how, for example, they discovered that Van Gaal was returning to Barça, they called Nuñez as Jose Mª García who gave them the exclusive, then they called Van Gaal also as García and confirmed it.

They have some funny ones, as a fake Alkorta calling Darío Urzay or the fake Ranieri calling Pedro Cortés when he was in Chelsea. They also made the famous Luis Moya imitation calling a taxi company etc... I don´t hear it regularly but I´ve done it several times.

But they´ve gone too far this time, we all know Reyes isn´t the brightest person in the world and taking profit of it this way it´s sad. If he was already having bad times in London now things will get even worse. Of course I won´t be sad for someone who earns so many millions but I don´t think Reyes and his family have done anything to anyone to deserve this. He saw Butragueño´s call as a scape to all what he´s passing, confessing everything and now things will get even worse, I don´t find it funny.

Now of course the chances of Reyes leaving Arsenal increase, I bet they aren´t too sad in Madrid after this.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
The "perico" Txupa listening the "radio of the bishops"...mmm... interesting :pp

I'm not against the jokes, but this is an attack to the intimacy of the people. I can understand him, living abroad is difficult, he's very young and it's a normal feeling. But the damn COPE (a radio owned by the Spanish Catholic Church, by the way) went too far, because now Reyes may have some problems with his club and fans.

It's very unfair, because even if he's not happy, he has been a professional wearing their shirt and he has never shown any signal of lack of respect for Arsenal. Using a private conversation in this way, it's horrible. COPE has gone too far... but what can you expect for this bunch of catholic integrist bastards. I wonder if this is a sin for Monseñor Rouco Varela...

A joke is good, if it doesn't cause any harm to its "victim", but this is not nice. Reyes should have taken care with his words, but I guess that no one is free from suffering this kind of jokes.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
what a scandal, damn. Is that legal in Spain after all? I would bring them to court because of cheat and publishing interviews made in an unlegal way. :boxing:
Reyes could face some serious consequences, i feel sorry for him. :(

·
40,147 Posts
lili said:
what a scandal, damn. Is that legal in Spain after all? I would bring them to court because of cheat and publishing interviews made in an unlegal way. :boxing:
Reyes could face some serious consequences, i feel sorry for him. :(
Of course, it's legal, after all it is a (bad) joke and noone forced Reyes to say what he says. The question is: is it ethic? This is especially "funny" since COPE is a radio station owned by the Catholic Church.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Surely it is ethic ...

The guy who called said here is Emilio not here is Emilio B. ...

I mean how stupied can you be to answer like he did.

Totaly stupied ... if you want respect from your fans, money from the club than you should be able to count up to three or at least have someone who can do this for you!

But even I know, that such phone calls are to stupied to be real. Why not asking him for his number to phone him back? Why not saying "Emilio, you know the way ... pls contact Arsenal first" ..

What ever ... but the bad guy is Reyes, who said a few days beefore that he loves London and Arsenal and their great supporters ... well if I would be an Arsenal supporter, I would thank him for that!

Husky

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Of course its not ethical. With that said Reyes should have been careful with his words. He has a lot of talent and is a nice kid. It's too bad something like this has happend to him. However, if he does end up in Madrid he will lose all of my respect for him. Lets hope he works it out in London and toughens up a bit.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Poor Reyes, I feel bad for the guy. I believe Sven-Göran Eriksson fell for a similar prank call from a journalist, be he was smart enough not to give too much away.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Juanele1973 said:
Of course its not ethical. With that said Reyes should have been careful with his words. He has a lot of talent and is a nice kid. It's too bad something like this has happend to him. However, if he does end up in Madrid he will lose all of my respect for him. Lets hope he works it out in London and toughens up a bit.
Why? because you hate Madrid or because the interview? (I am just curious why you lose respect for him if he goes to Madrid).

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
reyes in madrid it means it is finish for rest of selections in la primera........i dont want to think about such thing........it should never happen !

aupa atleti !!!!

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Koeman4 said:
because now Reyes may have some problems with his club and fans.
Not from us. We all love Jose. Everytime he touched the ball against Crystal Palace and did something the crowd sung "José Antonio, José Antonio, José Antonio ..." and ever since the incident he's received nothing but support from the likes of Pires, Vieira and Henry.

:)

·
40,147 Posts
khimik said:
Not from us. We all love Jose. Everytime he touched the ball against Crystal Palace and did something the crowd sung "José Antonio, José Antonio, José Antonio ..." and ever since the incident he's received nothing but support from the likes of Pires, Vieira and Henry.

:)
Well, maybe he's not happy, but he gives everything on the pitch. No one could blame him for not being happy in London. Sometimes it's hard to move to a different country for a young guy. London is a great city, but it's far from being similar to Sevilla in all the aspects.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts