Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching TV the other day and they mentioned that Revivo turned down Fener's offer to extend his contract in 3 more years, which means that he will probably leave when it expires in the end of next season, possibly to another club in Europe. Anyone knows something about it?

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Damn, that is really bad news. And he said all of that stuff about hoping to end his career with Fener too:(

Well, I wish him the best of luck in Europe after next year, if he decides to test the market.:)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I wonder why revivo turned down an offer from Fenerbahce?!?!?!? :) i guess that he finally realizes that a long time ago he did get offers form the likes of Chelsea and Barcelona :) than one must say that he wanted turkey cause its close to Israel which means he was intrested in NT..so he splits his mind alot of time, this dude :(

i want him to stay in Fener :)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
With the new guys we're gonna transfer, he may wanna change his mind;)

If we qualify for CL, he has a lot to show:)

I don't think he would leave a successful team;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hopefully he wouldn't......

Revivo, although i love him alot as a player and a inspirator....he is not quite a man of his words. He wouldn't talk the talk and walk the walk. It is all last minute decisions for him. Its not bad, but i think that he decides a little to late.

Remember, he refused to play in the NT a couple of times and than he doesn't get called up and NOW he 'retired' from it, but lately he said that if the coach was to quit (which he did, as of may), than he would reconsider.

anything can happen. Who knows what happens next year...next year maybe Fener will have a good year, he will surpass and maybe he will play so good that, the pay will increase and when he gets offers since he is a free agent, then he will decide to stay at Fener! only if the price is right.... :greed: :greed: :greed:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I see what you mean Yoav.

Hopefully, if we can increase his salary to a better amount, and with our more competitive team, he will stay, and lead a great team next year:)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Deniz,

Remember..Revivo is a family man. Im not sure how he sees living in Turkey but to him its kinda of a theat. Even though Turkey is a Democratic/Nata/Euro country...it is a muslim country. And sometimes it may not make him feel good.

I remember that before he got israel fans coming to Fener games a reported asked him "Don't you feel strange playing in Turkey, a Hostile country perhaps?"

And he answered "Turkey is a very nice and peaceful country, there is not much crime and the people are nice. I want all Israelis to come to turkey to support me. Many are very friendly and the streets of Istanbul are relatively the most quitest and safest in Europe" :)

Thats revivo's words!

But i guess its all up to him! :) maybe he wants to get a name playing in Italy or in spain again? who knows...all i know is that when i go to Israel, and stay near my family....Revivo owns a Penthouse..... I might take a picture next time im there and show you it!

·
*the drum drum*
43,171 Posts
We aren't offering him a contract in the near future...
Samuel Johnson, Ali Gunes, Serhat and one more player (I forgot who) are all going into talks with Yildirim for a new contract...But they're the only ones for now...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
So theres no intrested in the Fenerbahce camp to resign Revivo for an extended 3 years?

Do any of you know much he gets paid?

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Maybe the management is waiting to sign the players whose contracts expire even sooner than Revivo's.

I am sure there will be some negotiations before the season starts. Otherwise Yildirim is insane:D

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I think he is looking for the end of the season or better yet, the end or the middle season of the C.L. Maybe Revivo won't live up to the expectation and not score. He might get injured. He might even be the one going back the the Israeli NT, and then getting injured for 2 months! Who knows! :)

Do you think Revivo is a good investment for the Fenerbahce SK?

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I think he is. He is 29 years old, right?

He has proven that he can recover from injuries, and he is a solid leader, who has charisma. He has also shown a penchant for scoring some important goals.

If he is loyal enough to stay with our team, then he is a great investment.

·
*the drum drum*
43,171 Posts
He gets injured far too much IMO...

He's a great player, sure. But he gets injured, and then it takes him a while to recover and hit form again...Its a repeating process :rolleyes:

He's been offered a deal, and he rejected :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
so maybe you should give him a 1 year contract and make the pay out a little more! :)

Than revivo would agree to that ;)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
He gets injured far too much IMO...

He's a great player, sure. But he gets injured, and then it takes him a while to recover and hit form again...Its a repeating process
He got injured this year, but I don't remember any other injuries:rolleyes:

I think he's a great player. We should have him as long as he continues with his performance. At the same time we should find a back up midfielder with the same style;)

It is hard to find a player of his talents, but we have to back him up, in case he decides to leave or gets injured:)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

i think that there was a Rumour in the Israeli Newspapers that had a 20 or 19 year old Midefeilder being looked at by Fenerbahce scouts! This was a rumour and was posted around Yedhiot Achronot (RUMOUR CENTRAL SPORTS PAPER) for some time, though i never heard anything from them :)

Wouldn't it be nice for 2 israelis to play side-by-side/

·
*the drum drum*
43,171 Posts
We can only have 8 foreigners in our team, and so far we are looking at some far bigger names than a 20yr old Israeli ;)

But, with our management, its never impossible :tongue:

BTW, Revivo was complaining about light injuries etc during the majority of the first half of 2000/01 (Denizli's first season in charge)...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
the 2000/01 was the first season for revivo.......

He was disrespected in turkey, in Israel and also in the intenrational circuit!

As you can remember, or recall, Revivo was pure garbage when he came to Fenerbhace from Celta Vigo in the trade that was made in the summer of 2000. He never really played good and to top things off, in October of 2000, Revivo was never even called to the NT. Something he done all the time. People were seeing the end for him. And not many people thought he would be doing any good. For a small country like Israel, anyone who plays in a foreign team is counted as good material for the NT (I don't know how it goes in Turkey) but Revivo wasn't.

it was a very distessful time for Revivo in deed. He was in a turmoil! But eventually that all change in late November as Revivo started to play better and geting great presses. He then got a fan base in Israel and our former NT head coach finally decided to put him back in the NT, though in later times REVIVO complaimed why he didn't become the Captain of the team.

:) So what were we talking about Injury? :)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
there is no need to talk about Revivo! he is the best! ;)
but he made a mistake: he has chosen Fener and not...:tongue:

·
*the drum drum*
43,171 Posts
Esperar said:
there is no need to talk about Revivo! he is the best! ;)
but he made a mistake: he has chosen Fener and not...:tongue:
Mistake? :confused:

We'll see whether it was a mistake or not next season ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts