Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Revivo today as had a talk with the new Israeli head coach, Avraham Grant and has agreed to join Israel in the upcoming Euro-2004, after declaring Retirement from the NT in Febuary after israel lost 7-1 in Germany.

Revivo quit the NT cause he wanted to concentrate more on Fenerbahce and family, but on a later note, he made some disagreements with the x-coach Richard Moeller Neilsen (from Denmark), because he wasn't treating him fairly!

So this coming september, we hope to see Revivo and his magic bag in Ramat Gan, Israel facing Malta!!!!

:D :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
it's good to see Revivo back with his National Team:)

I hope he is able to stay healthy, but I am glad that he can represent his country once again. Will he be the captain?:)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure if he will be captain,

but i am pestimistic that he we'll have the chance, cause now we have a new coach and since we had a new coach that was the driving point for Revivo to come back. Berkovic whom you all know (from the Galatarasy incident) is the Captain, and hopefully Revivo can be the Co-Captain, because he is and wasn't a captain even if Berkovic was out..That job was for a guy from Mac. Tel Aviv called Avi Nimmy.

But now, there is no rules. Revivo gets to play on his own schedule, if he feels like it or not. Im sure he will want to play all the games for the Euro Qualifier, but as for friendlys, i doubt it and if there is a game that he is supposed to play 2 weeks before a CL game, than he would concentrate more on the CL than the NT :(

·
*the drum drum*
42,895 Posts
If its a International week (when most NT's play, and all league games are abandoned), then I'm sure Revivo will play the friendlies ;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt the friendlys...

Ever since 9/11, Friendlys have dropped and lately no one wants to play Israel, even abroad.

But if we do, and depending on the friendly, than i want to see Revivo in the Squad. Im am pessimistic he will join the team if the squad plays something like Latvia or Iceland. He will be there if we play Germany or Italy :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Kappa18 said:
I doubt the friendlys...

Ever since 9/11, Friendlys have dropped and lately no one wants to play Israel, even abroad.
That is awful:( I know they have had much trouble getting friendlies in their region, but they can't even face teams in Europe?:confused: :depress:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, even in Europe many teams are not wanting to play us.

Its mainly because there is alot of sympathizers for the Palestinians and eventhough Football is not about politics or religon and ethnics, Protestors who call themselves Peace activists march to the Stadium and protest against Israel and interupt the game and put fear on not just the Israeli players but the country that hosts it.

It happened in Denmark and in Denmark they had a riot at the same time as the game and in the morning they had a bomb threat that they were going to have a 'suicide bomber' blow up the stadium. It was weird.

But other than that, we get good reception in Eastern Europe, like in Russia and The small states like Ukraine, Latvia, estonia, but after 9/11, everything seemed to hard to do...Nothing is safe anymore!

Luckily, in August Israel will be playing Belarussia in Minsk, and then Yugoslavia sometime in October and i think there is talks for a couple of more games possibly against Portugal, Russia, SPain or Italy, but that was X-coach talk before he resigned! So who knows!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
tinoisawesome,

The incident regarding Galatarasay and Berkovic happened in Early 2000 i belive.

What happened was that Berkovic was pretty much done with the Celtics whom he was with since the 1997/1998 season, where he got 6 million pounds, making him the highest paid player (in that time) scottish football history!!!!!!!!!!!

So anyways.....He was in the mist of getting offers from English Sides such as Everton, Aston Villa, West ham, Liverpool and other places, but it was all rumours and it was falling down on deaf ears for him. There was even more rumours that linked him with Spanish clubs, but none were serious.

Then Galatarasay wanted to make an offer with Berkovic, but he didn't want to play for Galatarsay for a few different reasons.

And then when you think money is the real issue, Berkovic goes for only 1.5 Million pound deal with 2nd divison Manchester City which are now promoted. So you have Eyal berkovic who has potentials, making less than 2 mil a year. The rumour mill said he was able to make 3-4.5 million pounds with all those english sides. But those were rumours.

Fenerbahce also had a rumour with him, but then again, since Revivo gotten in and big with Fener, there had started to be rumours pouring in of israeli players contracts with them. Even our young players too ;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I found it quite sad when he had quit the national team in the first place as he is an excellent player and can bring alot to his country being probably one of the most talented football players to come out of Israel in recent history.

Best of luck to Revivo getting back to work with the Israel NT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts