Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As expected, Revivo's 'retirement' was put to an end once Nielsen was out, and it really confirms all speculations about Revivo wanting to leave because of Nielsen. After a talk between Grant and Nielsen it was decided that Revivo will be back for our Euro 2004 campaign, starting from the qualifier with Malta in September. :)

http://www.one.co.il/next.asp?id=26424&bz=2

Grant will also finally recruit Antebi.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
This is really good news for us!

We really need him in the team and i think he can really motivate the team into great wins! and hopefully we will!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was the deal that Revivo and Grant made?
Why did Neilsen was in this and why did he talk with Grant?

Would there be any changes? would Revivo get the privilage to play anytime he wants or be the captain?

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Grant talked with Revivo, not with Nielsen.

Anyway, those are really good news for our NT and football. This also gives me hope that our team will play it's football style from Sharf's days (based on midfield, not on long ball like Nielsen's). There are no details of what Grant told to Revivo but I don't think it was anything special. Either way it's good news to hear.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes I agree with that. I don't think it was more than "please come back, you're vital part of our squad", since it does look like Revivo's 'retirement' was act of protest more than the reasons he stated back than about being more with his family and such. That whole retirement just to push Nielsen out is ridiculous even if I don't think like Nielsen that much. Retire for 3 months and than come back like you never left, great way to treat the national team. It's not some company you own but a frame that is an honour to play in.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Revivo quit because neilsen wasn't giving Revivo the air space he needed. Remember, it was in 2000 where Revivo wasn't called up to NT games. And he wasn't nominated for Captain, even if Berkovic didn't play. So, in relations; Revivo is a good player that is not getting the chance he deserves.

I think what Grant talked with Revivo is that he wil give him the free space and freedom that he wants...meaning that he can play which ever games he wants and can control it, instead of having neilsen do all the talking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts