Xtratime Community banner

Who was the revelation of the season?

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Luca Toni's probable capocannoniere award will hit all the news and many will laugh at this "old league", but in this particular season the young players left their mark like rarely before in the last decade(s).

Pogba, Icardi and Felipe Anderson just turned 22 this spring. One is a well known star player, the second one is still in the capocannoniere race, while the last one was perhaps the best player of a currently top 3 team. Dybala is only 21 and he's serie A top assistman. Berardi is only 20, scored as much as Dybala and he's still in the race for top assistman, with only one assist less than the leaders in this category.
Then there is Morata, of course, who is 22.

Now we need to see if the serie A teams can keep these talents in the league.

As for the revelations, imo it should be between Felipe Anderson and Dybala.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Dybala and Rugani.

Leaving stats (which haven't been great post-February) aside, Dybala's technique and good decision-making/football IQ are appparent.

While the other Juve-owned (or half-owned) young prodigy, Berardi, continued to be overrated, Rugani showed that he has the potential to be a starter for a top team someday.

Felipe Anderson will probably fizzle out. He greatly benefited from an extra yard of pace earned via hard work(out) (by his own admission). Already slowed down a month or so ago, and Serie A defenses also probably figured out how to best deal with him. He's decent but not great on technical and decision-making levels. If a great offer comes Lazio's way in the summer, they should sell him.

Iturbe never looked like he's worth more than 15m last season. He must have been a revelation for many this season with Sabatini, who paid double of what he's worth, being one of them.

Glik should've been on the poll also.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
I don't see how Berardi is overrated, given his age and stats. 14 goals and 9 assists in 31 games and he's only 20. Those are very similar stats to Dybala who is a year older and will likely cost us in the 40m range.

Granted Berardi lacks consistency and he usually goes several games without doing much and then unleashes a torrent of goals and assists in a particular game (usually against Milan).

But the potential is there.

I think Felipe Anderson could go either way, it really depends on how he develops his game. But he has all the attributes to a star player, and for me he's the most explosive player in the league when he's on sung.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Icardi, Pgoba, Berardi all broke out last season not this year. Gabbiadini is a nice call. Salah had a month or so where he was good then nothing.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Icardi scored 9 goals last season. He was as much of a revelation last season as he was the year before with Sampdoria.

When you include the likes of Bertolacci and Romagnoli, the Salahs become automatic musts.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
iturbe.

stunned. atletico paid the same amount for griezmann.
roma made out like bandits.:D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Maybe Allan from udinese could be included in this list? i think this season he's really come through & caught the eye of many with his consistent strong displays:).

Others I would add are Saponara,Dybala,Bertolacci,Gabbiadini:).

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Pogba
Saponara
Berardi ( overrated??? he's one of the most underrated forwards in Europe today)
Rugani .... class
Icardi
Gabbiadini finally showed his worth,
his shooting abilities are Recoba like

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
yes, Allan has to be in the list, one of the most consistent performers in the league

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I think Ekdal has been pretty good with Cagliari, Soriano& Eder with Samp don't know if revelations though:D.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Maybe Allan from udinese could be included in this list? i think this season he's really come through & caught the eye of many with his consistent strong displays:).

Others I would add are Saponara,Dybala,Bertolacci,Gabbiadini:).
:thumbsup:

I hope he signs with us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts