Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To further complete Wally's series...

So your club may have a flashy canteen, a luxurious restaurant, or at least a decent fastfood caterer... But by the end of the game, whatever remains of those drinks and food has to find its way out again:err: Does your club's stadium have decent facilities for this little duty as well?

My club KVO's stadium has no classy toilets where you would say they are extremely clean, but I have seen a lot worse. It all depends where you go to have it done. We have two canteens: one below the seated stand (which is a bit more luxurious, not just the stand but also the canteen) and one below the terraces. The canteen below the terraces has decent toilets but sometimes the fans make a mess out of it and by the beginning of the second half you may find it a bit filthy or notice it has run out of paper.

The canteen below the main stand are a lot cleaner, not sure why. But they just are. Also, you have more privacy because there are several toilets with an actual door in front of them. The toilet for wheelchair users is rarely used so if the other toilets happen to be filthy or if there is a large queue, you can always use the toilet for wheelchair users (or the ladies toilets, most of our fans know each other well and know which guys are trostworthy to come in and which ones are pervs that need to stay out of there :angel:)

In the end, not brilliant but decent. Worst I saw in Belgium was KV Kortrijk, where the toilet was actually completely stuck so it was not cleaner nor flushed in weeks. Stupid me tried desperately to flush, and as a result the toilet really overflew with everything it in finding its way to the floors... much to the disapproval of my fellow fans :moan:

Also, the team I supported in Ireland (Shelbourne) happened to have toilets symbolising the financially troubled state of the club: the season after winning the league the last time we were relegated to the second division for sky-high debts. Some fans of visiting teams made complaints to the club for not having light in the toilets ; the club apparently replied there was no more money to buy a new light bulb, and asked the next set of fans visiting if they wanted to bring their own bulb and donate it to the club. Apparently the toilet floors were quite filthy as well but you cannot expect a good aim without any piece of light...

·
Registered
59,258 Posts
At Feyenoord it's pretty clean. Only problem is that there only are 2 toilets in the canteen under our stand, so you can imagine the amount of people waiting.

That said if you time it properly (to go well before a game or even 10 minutes after the final whistle instead of HT) you usually hardly have to wait.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
At Hindmarsh they were all rebuilt for the Olympics in 2000, so they're pretty new and clean. Not like the stadium gets much use so that probably helps.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
City's are good. Pompey's are an outhouse. You piss against one of the walls which has a cut in the brick work for drainage. And yet they charge 25 quid a pocket.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
City's are good. Pompey's are an outhouse. You piss against one of the walls which has a cut in the brick work for drainage. And yet they charge 25 quid a pocket.
Reminds me of the stadium of Bohemians in Ireland, where the toilets were basically a wall where you would pee against (I wonder what female visitors had to do when it was really urgently? :confused:). Problem was the roof was leaking so rain was pourring inside, and there was no light. So obviously the ground was always wet, while you never knew if it was rain or urine all over the ground. Disgraceful, even worse the the lightbulb-less toilets at Tolka Park (Shelbourne stadium). And somehow that Bohs stadium gets to host UEFA Cup games, I hope they did solve their toilet issue first ...

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
Fenerbahçe's are nice.

Funny thing with it in Turkey though, in derbies at Fenerbahçe's stadium the visiting fans almost always end up vandalising the facilities for their section. It's all pretty funny, because they walk into the stadium and trash restrooms, then sit there for hours without a place to pee. And then to top it off, the renovation bill is charged to their own club, so they've done Fenerbahçe absolutely zero damage :D
Wait . . they charge in England?

I ask because in Istanbul I saw these two English guys going nuts over it. They started screaming "my friend we are English, we don't pay to pee!" on and on.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Şeytan;6561722 said:
Fenerbahçe's are nice.

Funny thing with it in Turkey though, in derbies at Fenerbahçe's stadium the visiting fans almost always end up vandalising the facilities for their section. It's all pretty funny, because they walk into the stadium and trash restrooms, then sit there for hours without a place to pee. And then to top it off, the renovation bill is charged to their own club, so they've done Fenerbahçe absolutely zero damage :DWait . . they charge in England?

I ask because in Istanbul I saw these two English guys going nuts over it. They started screaming "my friend we are English, we don't pay to pee!" on and on.
25 quid would be one expensive pee! I think he was reffering to the ticket price. That said, It is not unusual to be charged to use public facilities in England. Just not at football stadiums where some animal would go and use it as an excuse for going elsewhere!

·
Registered
10,819 Posts

·
Administrator
25,423 Posts
benfica's toilets are cool

plus, the waiting queue is pretty much non-existant :cool: except when a few smart guys pretend to be ladies :D

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why use toilets when there is so much grass that needs watering?
That is indecent exposure and punishable by law :nono:

That said, I have a few times peed against stadium walls when the queue was too long. I even pi$sed against the wall of my own club's stadium a few times :proud: I guess still better than some of my fellow fans who used the garden of the houses next door :embarass:

@ Seytan: most European countries have many public places which ask for a small fee when using the toilet. Shopping centers, cinemas, sometimes even restaurants or bars. Usually you pay less than half a euro though (so about 1 Turkish lira maximum). Some bars have a policy that non-customers can use their toilets when paying, while those who eat or drink at the place can use them for free. In Ireland I saw it a few times that a staffmember was hired full-time to just take payments from toilet users and hand them towels to wash their hands after their little duty ; bit of a boring working day if you ask me :neutral:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
I was dragged against my will to go to the recent L.A. derby between the Galaxy and Chivas (never been to an MLS game in my 7 years here) and other than the atmosphere which i found absolutely insane, the biggest surprise to me was the bathrooms in the Depot Center. They're like a 5 star hotel and they even have a bathroom maid (is that what they're called?) with candies in jars, i was wasted off my mind from the alcohol there and i was so happy with the bathroom that i tipped him 20 bucks :D

·
THE
14,230 Posts
Well, despite that football areas women restrooms are the only places were there are usually no line or has shorter line than men's one, I ain't insane enought to use them. Witch makes you also control how much beer or other fluids you consume and how far is the next toilet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts