Xtratime Community banner

How should we decide on the 4 keeper rule?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XT Serie A league members only please.

As many of you should know, the players you are allowed to keep for next season has been increased from 3 to 4. I'd like you all to vote as to whether we should allow teams to keep ANY 4 players they choose or to to have it restricted by positions. The restriction would be that you cannot keep more than 2 players at any position with ACE/FW classifying as one position.

Therefore, here are some examples:

A) 1 ACE, 1 FW, 1 GK, and 1 SM.
B) 1 ACE, 2 CMs, and 1 GK.
C) 2 ACEs, 1 CM, and 1 SB.
D) 2 FWs and 2 CMs.

and so on and so forth. This option is to ensure no one keeps 3 ACE/FWs so that more attackers are in the free agent pool.

Please vote and hopefully we can resolve this.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump....only have votes from naervod, ACM, and myself so far...

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
As much as it would hurt me to break up my magnificent tridente, such restrictions should make the transfer market much more exciting.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Surely I'm for restrictions.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
11 votes in....8 for restrictions and 3 for no limits. Since we are only missing 2 more votes because ToniSamp, Marco, and AI Melo are no longer in the league, the restrictions pass.

In July, I will ask that everyone submit the 4 players they wish to keep...with the restrictions of you cannot keep more than 2 players at a certain position...and ACE/FW is considered 1 position for this case.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
hello, hope everyone's summer is going well. i have a question on the 4 player keeper rule with respect to credits. will my transfer kitty be reduced the points they are valued at our what i paid for them?

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
By the value they are valued, not the amount you paid.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, what you paid last season is irrelevant now. Your transfer kitty will be reduced by the player's value. If you paid 10 credits for Cassano last season, he will cost you 40-50 credits to retain this season (depending on what value ToniSamp gives him). On the other side, if you paid 100 credits for a player, he will only cost you what he's worth should you retain him this season.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and when will the values be determined or have they been already?
The player list is (as always) being complied by ToniSamp and he expects to provide it to me on July 20th. I will send it out immediately upon receipt and everyone will have 10-14 days to get their first list together.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
nice. tonisamp's deciding the value of his franchise player. should be interesting.

so basically i'm being punished now for my prudent transfer decisions when i got cassano and giovinco relatively cheap.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
shouldn't we see the player values before the 20th so it will assist us in making decisions on the players we're keeping for budgeting purposes?

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice. tonisamp's deciding the value of his franchise player. should be interesting.

so basically i'm being punished now for my prudent transfer decisions when i got cassano and giovinco relatively cheap.
ToniSamp had done this for us for years and I believe no one can do it better than him. Its a pain in the arse to compile this list.

You're not being punished as your prudent transfer decisions got you the players in the first place and now you can have them for as long as you are in the league. Pretend you are the Sporting Director at Juventus and you discovered Cassano and Giovinco and signed them for dirt cheap as Milan and Inter never heard of them. What would happen after they performed well and became the talk of the football world? Both players would demand new contracts with increased wages since the likes of Man Utd and Real Madrid came after them, right? So its the same thing here. But for you, you can keep both players as long as you wish and their values will never exceed 50 or 60.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
shouldn't we see the player values before the 20th so it will assist us in making decisions on the players we're keeping for budgeting purposes?
In the past, we have always provided our keepers before the lists and values. You make a good point, but its all good since you can always change your keepers after the list comes out. I'd like to know everyone's keepers before July 20th, but they are not set in stone. If you decide to keep someone and you change your mind after the list comes out, you can. As long as you notify us in the thread for all to see before the first list is due, theres no problem.

·
Administrator
53,989 Posts
That would be most logical, yes. Otherwise it would be going blind for little reason. Doesnt matter it seems as R10 said the list isnt final.

Psssht, 70 credits for Giovinco under the table, plus his set value, biting? :lala: :D

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
ToniSamp had done this for us for years and I believe no one can do it better than him. Its a pain in the arse to compile this list.

You're not being punished as your prudent transfer decisions got you the players in the first place and now you can have them for as long as you are in the league. Pretend you are the Sporting Director at Juventus and you discovered Cassano and Giovinco and signed them for dirt cheap as Milan and Inter never heard of them. What would happen after they performed well and became the talk of the football world? Both players would demand new contracts with increased wages since the likes of Man Utd and Real Madrid came after them, right? So its the same thing here. But for you, you can keep both players as long as you wish and their values will never exceed 50 or 60.

salaries don't necessarily affect transfer budgets though.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
That would be most logical, yes. Otherwise it would be going blind for little reason. Doesnt matter it seems as R10 said the list isnt final.

Psssht, 70 credits for Giovinco under the table, plus his set value, biting? :lala: :D

giovinco is not for sale.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.