Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF we have the league wrapped up and few games to spare and our record intact...........

would you prefer wenger to still field a strong side, e.g vieira, lehmann, sol etc most of our first team and try to finish the season unbeaten OR put a young side, give them experience and allow the first team to concentrate on CL and FA cup?

:confused:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
unbeaten run would be a nice bonus,but in the grand scheme of things,it means fuk all ;)

if we are lucky enough to win the League early and are still in the CL,i would rest everyone that needed it,i don't care if we lose our last few games by a cricket score as long as we have got the Title. :cool:

·
Registered
886 Posts
That's a good question. I suppose that if have won the league with a couple of games left and we're still in the CL and the FA cup Wenger should rest some of our players. As he always point out himself though, He will always field a team that he feels can win the game ;).

It would probably be the perfect chance for Bentley and Clichy if this happend.

D

·
0 Posts
If you go unbeaten for the league campaign and win the treble, it'll be the single greatest season any English club will have ever had.

You could prob play a weakened team in the cup final

·
Registered
171 Posts
For League games i think AW will field a strong team with 1 or 2 1st team players rested. Remember that's where teams fight for Europe and avoid relegation so the FA would not be happy if we play our entire second string.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doc_Rule said:
If you go unbeaten for the league campaign and win the treble, it'll be the single greatest season any English club will have ever had.

You could prob play a weakened team in the cup final
IF we do that, be greatest club in the world doc

BeBu said:
For League games i think AW will field a strong team with 1 or 2 1st team players rested. Remember that's where teams fight for Europe and avoid relegation so the FA would not be happy if we play our entire second string.
i remember Man utd did that few seasons ago. no one complained.

·
Registered
886 Posts
A team of Taylor, Hoyte, Cygan, keown, Clichy, Bentley, Parlour, Gilberto/Edu, Wiltord, Bergkamp/Reyes, ,Kanu,/Aladiere. Would pretty much be able to beat any premiership team so I don't think anyone really could complain if we didn't put out our strongest team.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wouldnt you get pissed if one of our starlet players get injured in some useless game just for the record? then misses out on some crucial CL game?

just might wanted to add that.

really, the record to me would be useless, i just want to win the EPL.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
just the epl swift?? u dont want the UCL and the FA cup as well...
damn i htought all arsenal fans wanted all 3 like me!

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gunner4ever said:
just the epl swift?? u dont want the UCL and the FA cup as well...
damn i htought all arsenal fans wanted all 3 like me!

:rolleyes: i leave that unanswered.....what do you take me as?:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts