Xtratime Community banner

801 - 820 of 837 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,431 Posts
Joao Havelange, The CROOK that groomed Blatter, dead at 100.

May he NEVER Rest in Peace, IN HELL !!!! :eek:

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
The signature of this goal is Dead. Carlos Alberto Torres (1944-2016)

xD6Es8z9Ffw

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Gambia national player dies travelling to Europe by boat - Vanguard News

Gambia national player dies travelling to Europe by boat
By John Atuke with agency report

Gambian women national team keeper, Fatim Jawara-Jawara has died in a boat accident on the Mediterranean en route to Europe last weekend.

Jawara was one of the many African migrants taking the dangerous route to Europe from Libya with the hopes of reaching Lampedusa, south of Italy. The Gambia Football Federation in a release confirmed the death of the player with regrets, after the agent the player paid to facilitate her departure from Libya contacted the GFF.

Jawara was part of the Gambian team that made history, putting the country’s name on the map in the women’s U-17 World Cup in Azerbaijan in 2012. She played for first division champions, Red Scorpions and starred in Gambia’s thrashing of a visiting Scottish female side Glasgow Girls FC months ago.

Up to 3,740 migrants have either been confirmed dead or missing in efforts to cross to Europe by boat in October 2016, according to the United Nations refugee Agency.

“I received the news today (yesterday) and it has really shocked me. The young girl is a talent and on the move for greener pastures but the way she died is just shocking and sympathetic. We at the GFF are very sad about the development and on behalf of the Football Federation, I want to send our condolences to the family of the girl and her former club Red Scorpions” Gambia football boss, Lamin Kaba Bajo said.

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts

Former coach Carlos Alberto Silva. Brazilian Champion with Guarani, two times portuguese champion with Porto, silver medalist in 1988. He was responsable for the first professional games for Careca, Amoroso, Luizão, Ronaldo (the fat one) and when he coached the NT he gave the first chances for Taffarel, Jorginho, Romario.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts

Ajax legend, Piet Keizer (73) died yesterday after his battle with lungcancer.

Winner of 3 European Cups and labeled by Cruyff as one of the best left wingers of all time.

·
Registered
68,987 Posts
ex-Czech Republic international Frantisek Rajtoral committed suicide at the age of 31, he was playing in Turkey for Gaziantepspor. He played a couple matches at Euro 2012 and played in the CL with Plzen

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Rest in peace Cheick Tiote..

Collapsed during training today in China. Made his name at Twente and Newcastle and died at the age of 31. Another one, sadly..

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Rest in peace Cheick Tiote..

Collapsed during training today in China. Made his name at Twente and Newcastle and died at the age of 31. Another one, sadly..

R.I.P.

Still remember his goal in that 4-4 vs. Arsenal.

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Shocking, so young. Read it an hour ago when it wasn't yet confirmed, hoping it was just a bad hoax. Poor lad.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59,019 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
That moment at St. James', and really everywhere in the world... Very, very few people manage to create that kind of collective feeling. The magic of being a football player.

RIP Tiote. He'll live for ever.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Rest in Peace, to all the noticed and unnoticed deaths in football...

Attachments

801 - 820 of 837 Posts