Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 838 Posts

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
The latest news from 30 minutes ago on Marca.com is that he is still in serious condition. He suffered two heart attacks on Saturday, and for the last 48 hours he has been slipping in and out of consciousness.

It's scary... just scary stuff.

We're all praying for Antonio.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
There is no point discussing any playing future.. when he is still in ICU.....

Get well Puerta.

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
First and foremost his health has to be back in normality.

Hopefully he will be back health wise and he will also be able to persue his footballing career, he is still young and has a very bright future in the game.

Get well soon Antonio

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Puerta's main thing is to survive this, especially now that they suspect that he has cerebral damages...

Animo Antonio!

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
ATM it isn't important whether he can play again, its whether he can survive his heart attack. Its far too early to say he can play again.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Well, not being able to play football again would be a smalle price to pay in excange for survival.

Really hope this guy recovers.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
The thing is that he collpased twice and its been said that both of them were heart attacks. Its hard enough to play again after a heart attack but two? Impossible. I dont think anyone cares if he plays, i just dont want to see a bad ending to this.

The video is chilling :depress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFc25Hym6q8&NR=1

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I was really shocked when I saw this first live...Get well Puerta and GOODLUCK!!!

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
The thing is that he collpased twice and its been said that both of them were heart attacks. Its hard enough to play again after a heart attack but two? Impossible. I dont think anyone cares if he plays, i just dont want to see a bad ending to this.

The video is chilling :depress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFc25Hym6q8&NR=1
When I saw it first I thought he was shocked with his tongue as well as the doctors.

Animo Puerta.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Agreed, playing again will be the last thing on his mind, lets just hope he recovers his health.

Is there any precedent on this kind of happening? Within football or other sports? Serious heart failure happening and a player returning? Or something similar?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Btw, props to Dragutinovic, he was quite heroic how he dived in to help his team mate like that. Others may have panicked but his concern was for Puerta's health.

That video is harrowing, lets just hope its a freak occurence rather than precursor to how the pressures of football may affect our other stars.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
shocking, that such a young man has been struck down this way.

Animo Puerta

1 - 20 of 838 Posts