Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been wanting to post this since Wednesday, after the match against Manchester United, but didn't get anytime to visit even the RM forum to continue the discussion on our win over Juve, or talk about losing Liga for second straight year after yesterdays defeat...

I am not a fan of Milan, on the contrary, i have had negative feelings on them in recent years, main reason i was put off is, IMO, the most arrogant fans i have come across (though all clubs have arrogent fans, Milan fans came across worse then all, and again, this is my opinion). Also, the fact that Milan have great players, they seemed to defensive for my taste.

But that is not the purpose of this post, its actually a positive one, as i have to say, i really do admit having new RESPECT for Milan after their CL match, in contrast to Juve's performance against us.

I had no doubt that both clubs will come out with cautious, defensive tactics, happy to play a 0-0 draw. The respect i found with Milan is the complete contrast on how they went about that.

Milan actually played "football", defensive yes but it was football. Composed effort, looking for a break-through but not risking too much, but clean football even when it comes to defense. Granted, they were a bit lucky with the goal, but every time gets a stroker of luck every now and then.

In contrast, Juve made me feel sick. After they played great and beat us 3-1 2 years ago, they resorted to terrible display, which i was shocked to see from a Capello lead team. No attempt to play football what so ever. Late, aggressive tackles, shirt-tugging....you name it. Very disappointing. :nono:

So, thats basically it, long meaningless post to many i am sure! :D just wanted to say, i actually respect you guys....go one and win Serie A :thmbup: i will be rooting for you!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
i was shocked to see from a Capello lead team. No attempt to play football what so ever. Late, aggressive tackles, shirt-tugging....you name it. Very disappointing. :nono:
this is juve every week ;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Thanks Vamps.

P.S. We didn't play defensive football as you said so. It was balanced, composed and controlled. We went for the win as did Utd. It helps to know Milan a bit better and know our history that we are not a defensive side ... not now and not historically.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haroon said:
Thanks Vamps.

P.S. We didn't play defensive football as you said so. It was balanced, composed and controlled. We went for the win as did Utd. It helps to know Milan a bit better and know our history that we are not a defensive side ... not now and not historically.
Historically, yes, with Ancelotti, NO :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice thinking Lestat.
Respect. ;)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
damn sycophant
:D
nah he has a point
but dont forget Inter, we have the right balance of luck and a good team to possibly go all the way in the CL

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I don't know how VL got the idea that RM is some rampaging attacking monster while Milan does little except have Maldini and Nesta kick the ball away for 90 minutes.

I mean, come on, this is first club outside of the great Real and Benfica to lift the European Cup, the club of Rivera, Gre-No-Li, the Dutch trio, this current Milan is nothing more and nothing less than what is to be expected from a Milan side.

Juventus is just rubbish though :D

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Vamp, remember that Milan played reasonably well against Manchester United, but not great. ;) I've seen Dida and the defense better than that, although the midfield did very well.

And Juventus are just boring, period. :D

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
That's what I've been trying to emphasize. We didn't have to be at our best to defeat Manchester. If we play at our "best" though, literally no team in this world playing at "it's best" can defeat us.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Paratroopa said:
That's what I've been trying to emphasize. We didn't have to be at our best to defeat Manchester. If we play at our "best" though, literally no team in this world playing at "it's best" can defeat us.
I think Barca and us are at the same level.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ruffian said:
Vamp, remember that Milan played reasonably well against Manchester United, but not great. ;) I've seen Dida and the defense better than that, although the midfield did very well.

And Juventus are just boring, period. :D
Juventus were worse than boring. ;)

·
International
9,526 Posts
Paratroopa said:
yes, plenty of respect there :yuck: :rolleyes:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
Hi,

I have been wanting to post this since Wednesday, after the match against Manchester United, but didn't get anytime to visit even the RM forum to continue the discussion on our win over Juve, or talk about losing Liga for second straight year after yesterdays defeat...

I am not a fan of Milan, on the contrary, i have had negative feelings on them in recent years, main reason i was put off is, IMO, the most arrogant fans i have come across (though all clubs have arrogent fans, Milan fans came across worse then all, and again, this is my opinion). Also, the fact that Milan have great players, they seemed to defensive for my taste.

But that is not the purpose of this post, its actually a positive one, as i have to say, i really do admit having new RESPECT for Milan after their CL match, in contrast to Juve's performance against us.

I had no doubt that both clubs will come out with cautious, defensive tactics, happy to play a 0-0 draw. The respect i found with Milan is the complete contrast on how they went about that.

Milan actually played "football", defensive yes but it was football. Composed effort, looking for a break-through but not risking too much, but clean football even when it comes to defense. Granted, they were a bit lucky with the goal, but every time gets a stroker of luck every now and then.

In contrast, Juve made me feel sick. After they played great and beat us 3-1 2 years ago, they resorted to terrible display, which i was shocked to see from a Capello lead team. No attempt to play football what so ever. Late, aggressive tackles, shirt-tugging....you name it. Very disappointing. :nono:

So, thats basically it, long meaningless post to many i am sure! :D just wanted to say, i actually respect you guys....go one and win Serie A :thmbup: i will be rooting for you!

thanks for getting that off your chest Niall, Haroon apppreciates it a lot, tell Ian Darke that he's a top man will ya ?:D

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Respect Mo!:thmbup:
Now just do us all a favour by kicking out that terribly awfully boring, ugly shirt tugging, dopped to the bone team of mobsters that are Juve out of the CL. They don't belong there!!!:eek: :lala:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
main reason i was put off is, IMO, the most arrogant fans i have come across
Now that coming from a Real fan... :dielaugh: ;)

But thanks for the msg, Vampire. :)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Psycho said:
Now that coming from a Real fan... :dielaugh: ;)

But thanks for the msg, Vampire. :)
The comment a few msgs back is a live example , mate ;)

·
Registered
43,409 Posts
rspect Mo and good luck in the next CL game ... ;)

Btw, your sig is very unfair to us, Milanisti. What can we do if our beloved torino team has such a pathetic and hilarious record in Europe throuout the years. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts