Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i mean those rivals in the same league. for example, the rivals for my team are barca, depor, valen etc. from time to time, i know more and deeply about them, their football and their history. then my hatred for them descends while my respect for them grows. it is funny. i either would support them when they play against foriegn teams as they are fighting for spain's glory. and with some sensible fans of the teams at xt and somewhere else, i even admire them. (my first conversation with spanish barca fans was at xt too. i actually don't know where can i meet with them outside xt. :D :pp )

of course, the matches against them are way exceptional. :devil:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
all my friends and family are SL Benfica fans, so it's very easy to me to understand you.

I'm a sporting fan, but i always go to the Benfica Stadium to see the european matches, and when it matters to UEFA competitions,i always want benfica to win, and i feel happy when they win.

of course in portuguese league it's different, but i guess i'm not a crazy fan:rolleyes:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
i mean those rivals in the same league. for example, the rivals for my team are barca, depor, valen etc. from time to time, i know more and deeply about them, their football and their history. then my hatred for them descends while my respect for them grows. it is funny. i either would support them when they play against foriegn teams as they are fighting for spain's glory. and with some sensible fans of the teams at xt and somewhere else, i even admire them. (my first conversation with spanish barca fans was at xt too. i actually don't know where can i meet with them outside xt. :D :pp )

of course, the matches against them are way exceptional. :devil:
There are two different points here? Do you mean respect for your rivals, or respect for your rival's fans?

Because they are 2 very different things.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for example, (it is just an example!:D) the rivalry between madrid and barca. it is common for outsiders to think of the rivalry. but i really don't think so. i quite admire barca's football. it is really fascinating i can't deny. (this season always more beautiful than us. sometimes i even prefer to watch yours than our own. of course, no matter how boring our football is, i am still willing to watch.;) ) i just hate those unreasonable fans. it is nonsense to hate all barca fans. no reason to hate barca's players. they just do their jobs. but football is not just football, it more or less involves other factors like culture and history. i just want all the others to take it easy. it is just a sport. try to admire your rivals' football. be friendly to their friends. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a degree of respect for Spartak Moscow's footballers because theyre just footbalers. But as for the institution of Spartak Moscow and its name, i have no respect at all.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
for example, (it is just an example!:D) the rivalry between madrid and barca. it is common for outsiders to think of the rivalry. but i really don't think so. i quite admire barca's football. it is really fascinating i can't deny. (this season always more beautiful than us. sometimes i even prefer to watch yours than our own. of course, no matter how boring our football is, i am still willing to watch.;) ) i just hate those unreasonable fans. it is nonsense to hate all barca fans. no reason to hate barca's players. they just do their jobs. but football is not just football, it more or less involves other factors like culture and history. i just want all the others to take it easy. it isy to thesport. try to admire your rivals' football. be friendly to their friends. :)
I think that those rivalries in football are good, it's the point of this game, to have a good time with your friends no matter how team they support.

I live in Spain, I have friends of any team, Real Madrid, Valencia, Atlético,... and we don't kill each other because of this. In fact, we use to watch the matches together, sometimes one laugh, other times don't.

Of course, it's difficult to separate some things. In Spain, football and politics and history are connected since long time ago. It's part of the history and traditions of the teams, just as any institution. I'm sure that in England or in Italy it is the same. I'm proud of what Barcelona is inside Catalunya and inside my city. All catalonians can forget what they did when our people didn't have a voice and our idiom was illegal. So it's not a sport, it's more than this.

But all this have to turn into violence? I don't think so. I've read an article about Red Star ultras and it's a shame that a club allows people like this in the stadium. It's not something to be proud of. I don't hate Madrid people, I'm 100% antimadridista, I want them to lose even in the trainments. But this is part of the game, there's nothing wrong with that.

Some days ago, I read MILLS saying that he wanted to see a big Barça again. I understand why. There's no better sensation than winning to the biggest rival in the last match with an unfair penalty kick in the last minute.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts