Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now when the worl cup starts sonn shall we make forums for each group or what shall we do? I would be easier to have the groups more organized i guess. The topics i made in december feels kind of old by now, and in 3 weeks it all starts!

I also think that each game shall have an official match topic, being posted atleast 2 days before it starts. It shall be the Fm's duty to post it if it doesn't exist. Im sure every big forum will make tgeir "own" match threads But The world cup forum will be used as an rivalry forum where both sides can discuss the game.

Ok, that's my request, ciao!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HELLO

Do you guys hear me?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
We hear you Nasty:)

It sounds like a good idea, let me get to the weekend to come up with something and change the forum format. I'll send Mutu a PM to get his input.

:cool:

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
I'm with nick

Forums for every group, and threads for every game please mods

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Good idea Nick.

It'll freshen the place up nicely!:)

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Match threads for EVERY match?:dazed: Wouldn't that be a messy idea? Why repeat match threads which will opened in the respective NT forums. Like a match thread will be opened in the Argentina and Sweden forums each for the match between the 2. Why open a match thread for Arg-Swe here? Instead we should open threads for NTs' who do not have a forum for themselves. Like for example Mexico:)
What do ya think?:)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
I've had another idea in mind, how about opening a new sub-forum here named World Cup 2002 with threads for the groups only, and keep this forum for general WC issues and etc. It would save a lot of space as having 8 stickies is a wee bit too much....

If the majority here thinks that a forum for every group is needed then I can bring this up in the management. :)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
utopia said:
Match threads for EVERY match?:dazed: Wouldn't that be a messy idea? Why repeat match threads which will opened in the respective NT forums. Like a match thread will be opened in the Argentina and Sweden forums each for the match between the 2. Why open a match thread for Arg-Swe here? Instead we should open threads for NTs' who do not have a forum for themselves. Like for example Mexico:)
What do ya think?:)

If we have official match threads for each game posted here, we'll get points of views from both perspectives. If the match threads of the big nations IE. Brazil, Argentina, Italy won't be posted here i doubt a swede will post in the argie forum or a dane be posting in the french forum, it will just be easier if all mathes will have a thread here so ppl will be able to discuss the mathes with each other in a "rivalry" forum like this one.

·
Administrator
11,828 Posts
Raanan said:
I've had another idea in mind, how about opening a new sub-forum here named World Cup 2002 with threads for the groups only, and keep this forum for general WC issues and etc. It would save a lot of space as having 8 stickies is a wee bit too much....

If the majority here thinks that a forum for every group is needed then I can bring this up in the management. :)
you got my vote.:)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
good idea, sepererate sub-forums for all groups...good thinking :)

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Sub-forums will indeed clean up this forum:) But make sure the arrangement is only on a temporary basis cuz the WC forum will be deserted for 4 years after June;) No use keeping sub-forums AFTER the WC ends! :D
Nick, I understand what you are saying about match threads for every match. However, only sub-forums can accomodate such an idea:) Without sub-forums, this WC forum will be ABSOLUTLEY JAMMED with 2/3 new match threads popping up everyday!:tongue:

So here's to the idea of sub-forums :cool: :thumbsup:

Who else is with me on this?:)

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
You got my support but wait till all the team anounce their final line for the World CUP I think on Monday

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Guys I really appreciate all your ideas i will contact management to bring this issue up. I agree sub-forums is probably the best way to go with match threads in there. After the first round I think we can go to stickie for each match from then on. :cool:

I also hope everyone collaborate with match reports, recaps, interviews of players etc. I do my best but between 6 hours of watching football every night and working everyday, I am not sure how much info I will be able to post. Anyway it's going to be great at the WC forum.
:D

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I agree, sub-forums would be an excellent idea. I think we're certainly going to need some way of dividing up the topics.

As Gabemar said, thanks for the suggestion, keep 'em comming ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts