Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is gonna be about french players that plays around in europe!

It would be nice if posters here in XT can come and post in this thread about players in different clubs all around in europe, goals and different things. Like a "news" thread :)

At the moment there is great frenchies all around, like Zizou in Madrid, Sagnol & Lizarazu in Bayern Münich, all the players in Arsenal etc etc etc

It would be very interesting to hear from turkish posters about Franck Ribéry and Nicolas Anelka and maybe german posters about Johan Micoud and many others...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just wanna start with Vikash Dhorasoo in Milan AC.

He was a starter yesterday in the coppa italia game vs Udinese.
Vikash played pretty good but went of injured at the end of the game.
Milan lost the game 4-1 and are out of the cup.

It should be known that Milan played without players like Pirlo, Seedorf, Nesta, Maldini, Schevchenko from the start of the game..

I watched the game and it was a good and entertaining game:)

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Philippe Mexes

Since I support Roma, I feel qualified to comment on Philippe Mexes. Hope that's alright ;)

He started his Roma career with hustle and bustle, playing very well in pre-season matches. His first Serie A match was against Fiorentina in the season opener and together with Leandro Cufre', he played very well.

However, his performances were more often clumsy as Roma also entered a bad period that I still wonder when will end. He looked insecure in Serie A and his mistakes were remarkable.

As time went by, Philippe got more and more used to the style and after about half played season, most Romanisti were sincerely pleased with what he delivered at the time. Unluckily, unfortunately not surprisingly, Mexes was banned, as you all know, for his pre-contract with Roma. I was personally very disappointed with this decision as I felt he clearly was our best central defender at the moment.

Mexes has grown accustomed to the Serie A style and I can't wait for him to come back and form a partnership with grande Cristian Chivu. His potential is huge.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice to hear! Im also watching Roma as often as I can, I can only agree with your post.

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
Franck Ribery doing great job here in Istanbul with Galatasaray. He is a world class player. we liked him ;)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard that from another Galatasaray supporter to :) They are very happy with his play sofar! Well thats also good news..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts