Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please give me some OBJECTIVE comments on the match, I just saw the last penalty that's it!

Ze da fiel; u don't have to bother 'cause your comments r not objective, ban yourself man!!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Well considering I wanted Arsenal to win. You might expect me to say it was lucky.

But, Galatasary very much deserved the win, the first 10 minutes of the match it was mainly Arsenal, then for the next 80 minutes it was a close game with Galatasary definitely on top of the game.

The biggest moment was the Harsh sending off of Hagi, Adams seemed to elbow him in the face, Hagi, barely touched Adams, and Adams gets a yellow and Hagi a red. I was amazed!
From that moment on, it was all Arsenal as Galatasary seemed content to go for penalties, and who could blame them? They had 2 players injured on top of the Hagi sending off, couldn't replace them because they'd used all their subs.

Then clinical penalties for Galatasary, and the Arsenal players hit the woodwork.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Key moments:

Arif has the ball and is wide open on the top left of the box, he misses the net!

Sukur gets a through ball from Hagi and hits the post after deflection off defender.

Overmars crossed in front of the net a couple of time very dangerously.

Sukur has a freekick in the end of regular time and just misses the net.

Henry had runs from the flank and got good chances with no success in the end of course.

In extra time, Hagi gets sent off undeservingly.

Henry is robbed point blank with an open header by Taffarel!!!

Kanu dribbles one player shoots from 7 yards and Taffarel stops him and the rebound he shoots at Taffarel again.

Penalties:

Galatasaray: 1st: Ergun - Goal ; 3rd: Sukur - Goal ; 5th: Umit - Goal ; 7th: Popescu - GOAL!

Arsenal: 2nd: Suker - Post ; 4th: Dixon - Goal ; 6th: Vieira - Crossbar!

Game.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
It seemed a game in the middle.But Galatasaray created more chances and they seemed more in the opponent area.Arsenal somehow played a bit defensive !
And with a team full of star players they were really disappointing.(Bergkamp out - Kanu in ; Henry Out - Suker in ) So Galatasaray deserved it .
Because they seemed at least 10 times more desireful for the cup than Arsenal players.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
gala players played their hearts out...they were well attacking thanks to hagi, but the bad call by the ref caused gala to play more defensive and they took it to the penalties.

great game by galatasaray

OLE, OLE OLE OLE.
CHAMPION GALATA! :)
i think thats how the turkish say it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So Taffarel had a good game, huh?

That old kojak looking brasilian!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts