Cagliari - Reggina
Catania - Roma
Empoli - Livorno
Lazio - Napoli
Milan - Udinese
Parma - Inter
Siena - Palermo
Torino - Fiorentina

The head-to-heads against fellow relegation candidates are going to be real battles, i.e. Catania vs Reggina (week 36), Empoli vs Reggina (week 37), and Cagliari vs Reggina, Empoli vs Livorno on (week 38).

Another thing i've noticed is we play both Siena and Catania, and i don't think it's out of the question they pick up some points against us (Juve), particularly Siena...given we have nothing to really play for.

Predictions? Well i think it'll be tough for Parma and Livorno to stay up. Who third spot goes to at this point is a toss up.

·
Registered
343 Posts
If Livorno always plays as bad as they did today, they're heading to Serie B without a doubt. Parma has the worse schedule, I hope they make it but it's not likely. The other team is the harder to predict, I would have liked it to be Siena, but they are almost saved.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Theoretically, I think Lazio can go down too... :( BTW, is the head-to-head record used when teams have equal points or is it the goal difference?

Personally, I hope Livorno goes down.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
With Cuper we're definetly going down. Fvcking perdentimaterial right there. With Di Carlo or somebody else, we don't know but either way we should go down to b, we really don't deserve much tbh.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I'd probably bet on Parma (unfortunately) and Livorno going down considering how they've been playing in the past few weeks. Its a real shame to see Parma like this, but looking at their defense and disciplinary record, its absolutely shocking. The third spot is a toss up. We're certainly not out of the clear yet and we have a pretty tough schedule ahead of us (Napoli at home on the Superga anniversary), Livorno away (must win - if we do, we're safe), and Fiorentina at home. I think Reggina will go down if they can't produce in their head-to-head battles and to be honest I hope its them that go down. (Well, I'd prefer Siena to go down but they look to be fairly safe - I can't see the likes of Empoli and Reggina picking up 6-7 points in the next three games, especially when they are playing each other anyways.)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Parma really has no shot. Considering that Inter wins the Scudetto next week, even if they had nothing to play for, you still want to win your last game before the celebrations. Then add in Fiorentina who will be fighting for the CL spot with Milan the week before, and it is over.

·
Registered
17,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Parma needed something against Reggina, unfortunately with their key players suspended and their disciplinary problems, they lost a key battle.

Another thing is, Diamanti's great freekick which pretty much ended Roma's title hopes will probably be for nothing in terms of Livorno's chances to stay up.

I think Reggina will be the ones who decide it for themselves or another team, they play all their remaining games against other teams fighting to stay up. Empoli vs Reggina on week 37 could be the tie which determines which stays up and which goes down.

I hope for Empoli's sake Cagni starts Giovinco from the start in the next 3 games.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I don't have any favorites between Empoli or Reggina really. But for God's sake Torino better not collapse and let both of them pass them up.

·
Registered
17,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It would be a real shame if Torino get relegated (and i know that's blasphemy for a Juventino to say), but they've got a good project going and a good set of young players, there definitely would be a clear out if they went to Serie B.

For the good of the league i hope they manage to stay up. The game away to Livorno will be crucial.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Super Giovinco to keep Empoli up :hopeful:

Torino are having an poor run and difficult games ahead of them, they will perhaps go down. Unfortunatly for Parma, I don't see them saving themselves this year.

So I think it's finally going to be, Torino, Parma, Livorno.

Interestingly enough Reggina have direct clashes with three of their fellow relegation candidates. Cagliari seem to have rediscovered their form too.

·
Registered
32,716 Posts
I feel sorry for Ghirardi being thrown for the wolves in his first season, but perhaps there was a little too much optimism before the season started.

Getting back from Serie B isn't walk in the park unless you're really a big club or a big gun president. Just ask Bologna. If Bolognesi don't get promotion Parma will have one more difficult contender next year.

BUT TORINO BETTER STAY UP!

Damn that Di Michele who had to miss a sitter against Empoli before VAnnucchi scored a few weeks ago. I hate those parasite clubs who live off loaned players from the bigger clubs.

·
Registered
46,357 Posts
I hate those parasite clubs who live off loaned players from the bigger clubs.
I don't hate them unless it's clear that there is a do ut des behind it.
When Moggi was in charge for example it was clear that Siena were the Juventus B. They lost all the games against Juventus and even rather easily, when all the other opponents struggled to defeat them or even lost!

Anyway, a club like Empoli should be serie B material, so I hope they go to serie B.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
I hope B-ologna stays in B if we go down. :fero:

It will be pretty embarrasing if they go up and we go down. :moan:

·
Registered
17,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think a lot of us have a soft spot for Parma, perhaps it's part of a nostalgia for Serie A's heyday. I think there's no further evidence required that chapter is well and truly closed if Parma get relegated, i.e. one of the success stories of the era go down.

But it's not the end of the world, this can be an opportunity to build a strong foundation that will allow the club to not only get promoted and stay in Serie A in the future, but to thrive in the division.

I think next season regardless of whether they drop or don't will be crucial for them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts