9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contenders

Livingston
Dunfermline
Falkirk

Current standings

*********​

In fairness I think only Dunfermline and Livingston are ones who are threatened with relegation as Falkirk are a team capable of picking up points more so than Dunfermline or Livi.

Who do you think is for the drop? My personal opinion is Livi, they have been struggling all year round with form and with the SPL being a stronger league than it has been in many years, there are not too many places relegation strugglers can go to pick up points.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I can't see anyone other than Livi being relegated. Falkirk will have to watch though because for all their great football they are not picking up the points they need. They also haven't won a home game this season so unless they do that between now and the end of the season they could see themselves pulled closer to Livi.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Last two are going down?

Well Livingston for sure I think as they're bottom already during whole the season so far.

See St. Mirren and Ross County are on top in the 1st division, can't remember Ross County played SPL, is that long ago?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Knoert said:
Last two are going down?

Well Livingston for sure I think as they're bottom already during whole the season so far.

See St. Mirren and Ross County are on top in the 1st division, can't remember Ross County played SPL, is that long ago?
Nah, its just the one team that goes down, which more or less will be livingstone

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
A.Murray said:
Nah, its just the one team that goes down, which more or less will be livingstone
Ah ok, why just one?

At least they could arrange a playoff between the number 11 of the SPL, and number 2 of the 1st division.

Now it looks like it's sure Livingston will be changed for St. Mirren.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
It used to be like that before quite a number of years ago, not sure why they stopped it, cause it does add a little more spice to both the relegation fight and teams going for 2nd in div 1.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Livi were my prediction for relegation since the pre-season friendlies were still on the go. BUT. Now that wee John Robbo has come in it looks like he has the Lions back in gear after only one game, so I'm not so sure anymore. If Livi can take something away from their next match at Tannadice then I think Dunfermline are in serious danger of getting dumped down a league.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I definitely think Livi will close the gap on Dunfermline, but i'm not sure if there's enough time for them to overtake them. I think it could go down to the last day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts