Xtratime Community banner

Which teams will relegate to Liga Leumit?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We heading towards the end of the 2007/2008 season and while the title is secured with Beitar Jerusalem once again, the relegation fight is hot.

6. Maccabi Petah Tikva 30 points
7. Hapoel Kfar Saba 30 points
8. Maccabi Tel Aviv 26 points
9. Maccabi Herzliya 26 points
10. Hapoel Tel Aviv 25 points
11. SC Ashdod 24 points
12. Bnei Yehuda 14 points

We have 9 rounds to the end. Bnei Yehuda are with one leg and a half on Liga Leumit, but the second spot is really tight.
Give your opinion and vote. You could vote for two options.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Bney Yehuda for sure...but the fight for 2nd place looks tight as alot of teams are beefing and also letting lose on a few games.

Hapoel Tel Aviv is on the edge,but will for sure run away from relegation.... Maccabi hopefulyl as well...

:D MAN THIS IS A MARCH MADNESS ON ITS OWN!!! :)
SO TIGHT IN THE BOTTOM!!!!!!
2nd place is up for anyone in reality....only 6 points seperate 6 from 11 positon.....

a win for ashdod next round would mean they go up from 11th to 8th!!! per say...

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I think the both Tel Aviv sides are too experienced to lose this battle. So either Ashdod or Herzliya to go down along with Bnei Yehuda. My bet is Ashdod.
If they are experience, they wouldnt be fighting for relegation. Instead for a 1st place or a UEFA cup seat :lala:

·
Registered
485 Posts
For the sake of the league, I hope Hapoel and Maccabi Tel-Aviv stay up. Im really surprised with Herzliya, they have played quite well this season considering they were easy favorites to drop down again.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
If they are experience, they wouldnt be fighting for relegation. Instead for a 1st place or a UEFA cup seat :lala:
True, but on the other hand the experience they have from European games and several years in the top of the league, will definitely mean they are used to coping with stressful situations. Their season was a disaster, but I would be really surprised if Maccabi TA or Hapoel would relegate. I also don't think it'd be good for the league as one of the best derbies in Israel would disappear, plus Tel Aviv is the biggest city (well, biggest agglomeration in you count in Jaffa etc) in the country so two clubs there is quite a logical thing and a very interesting derby for the entire country to follow.

That said, we may see a derby in Haifa or Petah Tikva next year as well?

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My vote goes for Bnei Yehuda ( they are certainly going to relegate unless a miracle happens, but i just put them in the poll have since they have mathematically chance of surviving) and SC Ashdod. As much as it would be really funny to Hapoel down it wouldn't have fun to have a whole season without a derby. And for our football it wouldn't be a good sign. Herzliya are close to the danger zone, but they have showed some good games and potential to survive. Kfar Saba started really well, but are slipping little by little they could end up near the danger zone. Maccabi Petah Tikva is on slump ever since Guy Luzon came over again. But don't think that one of the most stable the most stable teams in Israel will relegate.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
We dont have enough room to have a stadium for each team....

I mean even with the new stadiums that will prop up in Israel for Petach Tikva, Beer Sheva and Netanya, there may be like 5-6 teams using it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's only two teams that get relegated right? Sorry I’m new to Israeli football. But I am really interested in learning a lot about it.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Hello, just wondering how Samuel Yeboah of Hapoel Kfar Saba's contribution is being viewed. I think he is top scorer with 13 goals along
with Romulo of Beitar.

What is the gossip on him and how do you see him now as a player given his form this season for a struggling team? Cheers.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Im going to make a prediction for next season:

Beitar Jerusalem will get relegated, there I said it. Bring it Kappa.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
bla bla bla :)

Beitar is unstoppable...
i would worry about your monkeys in Netanya

IMPERIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D
BEITARIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D
NETANYA SUCKS! :)

Nice dispute Atar has with Sachnin now ;)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Finished this way as well...

B. Yehuda won for those who care.....
Netanya ended 2-1 and so did Hapoel Tel Aviv.

tommorow its....Maccabi Tel Aviv

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So just to update the relagtion fight.

Maccabi Petah Tikva 0-1 Maccabi Netanya
Hapoel Tel Aviv 2-1 Maccabi Herzliya
Hapoel Kfar Saba 0-4 Beitar Jerusalem
Maccabi Tel Aviv 2-0 SC Ashdod
Sakhnin 1-3 Bnei Yehuda

The other game was between Maccabi Haifa and Kiriat Shmona which ended 2-1 for greens, but its a top table fight.

Standings:

6) Maccabi Petah Tikva 30 points
7) Hapoel Kfar Saba 30 points
8) Maccabi Tel Aviv 29 points
9) Hapoel Tel Aviv 28 points
10)Maccabi Herzliya 26 points
11) SC Ashdod 24 points
12) Bnei Yehuda 17 points

Bnei Yehuda beat Sakhnin in Doha 3-1, are they making a late survival?

Next games:

Kiriat Shmona - Maccabi Petah Tikva
Bnei Yehuda - Maccabi Herzliya
Maccabi Netanya - Kfar Saba
SC Ashdod - Hapoel Tel Aviv
Beitar Jerusalem - Maccabi Tel Aviv

and the on ly game which won't have relegation contenders will be between Sakhnin and Haifa, but it will be intresting dince they are fighting for a Uefa Cup spot. And don't forget that Netanya and Kiriat shmona are on this one aswell and this will spice up the games.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I really don't see Bnei Yehuda survive this battle. I mean, even if they would win a second time they have still 6 points less than the first safe team (if that team wouldn't win points itself). It was a nice victory in Sachnin but I still think for Bnei Yehuda it is too late. For the second place it will be Ashdod or Herzliya, I really don't see the big two from Tel Aviv relegate (and that I said before this weekend, their wins during the weekend only illustrated what I predicted: they'll narrowly save themselves as they are more experienced in dealing with pressure than the other teams down below)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts