Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember the last time the relegation battle have been as intense as it is now. Of course it is given that Lyngby will go down but who will follow is very much an open question. 3 teams are in the danger zone: Silkeborg, Vejle and AGF.

The standings right now:
9 Silkeborg 24
10 Vejle 23
11 AGF 21
12 Lyngby 14

7 rounds remains to be played and this is the program for the involved clubs:
AGF
AaB (home)
AB (away)
Viborg (home)
OB (away)
FC København (home)
Lyngby (away)
Silkeborg (home)

Vejle
AB (home)
Viborg (away)
OB (home)
FC København (away)
Lyngby (home)
Silkeborg (away)
Esbjerg (home)

Silkeborg
OB (home)
FC København (away)
Lyngby (home)
FC Midtjylland (home)
Esbjerg (away)
Vejle (home)
AGF (away)

All three teams are in pretty good shape at the moment and all three teams still has to meet Lyngby. My guess:

AGF
AaB (home) 3 p
AB (away) 1 p
Viborg (home) 0 p
OB (away) 0 p
FC København (home) 0 p
Lyngby (away) 3 p
Silkeborg (home) 1 p
Total: 29 p

Vejle
AB (home) 3 p
Viborg (away) 0 p
OB (home) 0 p
FC København (away) 0 p
Lyngby (home) 3 p
Silkeborg (away) 1 p
Esbjerg (home) 3 p
Total: 33 p

Silkeborg
OB (home) 0 p
FC København (away) 0 p
Lyngby (home) 3 p
FC Midtjylland (home) 0 p
Esbjerg (away) 1 p
Vejle (home) 1 p
AGF (away) 1 p
Total: 30 p

It seems like AGF will loose out, but God knows this is difficult to predict. I would personally prefer Silkeborg to go down since I have never really liked them and they play the most boring football you can imagine.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nice thread! We can update it every week, to see the development :).

I won't give my guesses for the games, as you could just copy them and then I might not win the prediction league :howler:, but I have two versions:

Either Silkeborg go down as I'm hoping, just like you, because I've never liked them. Or else, Vejle will go down. I think the last one is more likely, as they've been the weakest team IMO. Still, all three teams have performed some impressive acts, as AGF's draw in the premier against us, their draw away against Brøndby, aswell as Vejle's draws against both Brøndby and Aab. Also Silkeborg have had SOME ok results, but in the end I think Vejle will draw the shortest straw.

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Results from this round:
AGF - AaB 2 - 2
Vejle - AB 0 - 4
Silkeborg - OB 2 - 2

AGF once again lost two point in the last minutes of the game. They really did deserve to win that game, but thye have the luck of a relegation threadened team right now.

As expected Vejle is nothing without Jan Sønksen, and they got a heavy thrashing.

Silkeborg was VERY lucky to get one point from the game against OB. They were 2-0 down and OB had a zillion chances to close the game. Instead Silkeborg pulled one back with a lucky punch and from there it was obvios that OB would do what I usually call an "OB" - throw away a certain victory....

So the standing is now like this:
9 Silkeborg 25
10 Vejle 23
11 AGF 22
12 Lyngby 14

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've just seen that AB used too many non-EU players in the game against Vejle. That might very well end up in Vejle getting a 2-0 victory instead of the 4-0 defeat.

If that happens things start to look very bad for AGF....

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Vejle should get the victory then.

It's sure is a tight race down there. I think AGF is the loser here. It's kind of sad that they're on there way down. It's a lesson for them to learn from. Like OB did!

AGF is a great club in Denmark and they have a great history behind them. It would be strange to be without them in the SL. But then I'm pretty sure they'll be back as soon as possible just like OB.

Nothing is decided yet though and it could just as easy be Vejle or Silkeborg who is going with Lyngby.

My tip is Vejle or AGF, who's joining Lyngby.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I just have to throw in some support for my hometown team here :). Possibly I will lose some credibility along the way, but.. it's Silkeborg ;).

SILKEBORG will not go down. Only reason were in this mess to begin with is the ABSURD number of injuries hitting us again this season. After BIF, AaB and FCK- Silkeborg is the most succesfull side in Denmark of the last decade, and should of course stay up for the good of Danish football :).

As for boring football... this season I will propably have to agree TO SOME EXTEND, but when you take out Røll and Henrik Pedersen without replacing them, and get's half the team on the injury list, starting with all the central defenders (after Bora left on a free transfer) it's hard to be convincing.... That said- since Morten Bruun took over- we've been one of the more succesfull teams in the league.

Anyway... I don't care ;) , because we 're not going down, and Ane's predictions were simply proven off track this very weekend :).

As much as I would have a long, crazy laugh seing AGF go down, it would be a shame because we need Århus to be represented in the best league due to spectator concerns.

Vejle.... good riddance :D:D:D:D: , and I will take particular delight in Silkeborg clinching our stay at Vejle, thus condemning them to the drop. Kinda like another final won- like we beat them 2-0 to take the title in '94.

:)

Ciao.

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glen, I didn't predict Silkeborg to go down - I just hope very much that they do :)

Anyway, according to Ekstrabladet Silkeborg has gotten Henrik "Tømrer" Pedersen on loan the rest of the season. He will most likely be ready to play already in the game against FCK on Sunday. I am not sure how good his form is since he hasn't played much in Bolton, but I am sure that he will give all he has and a bit more to help Silkeborg avoid relegation.

With AB propably handing 3 points to Vejle and Silkeborg getting a potentially lethal striker, things start to look pretty bleak for AGF.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I'd more say they're looking better for Vejle, because I'm not so sure of how good Tømrer will be. He hasn't played a game for ages, and I'm kinda expecting a Beck here if you know what I mean ;). I still believe in AGF, also because Silkeborg are playing us in Parken Sunday, and I'm sure they won't get anything home from that trip, except a worse goalstatistic.

AGF on the other hand have Anders Nielsen who's playing great, and scoring, while Vejle got three points from AB's tottaly obscure mistake. I don't really know what to think about it, naturally Vejle would want the points, but on the other hand, survival is won on the pitch, not through parragraphs. Maybe they should keep the honour, and do like FCK did when we lost two points in the dying minutes versus AB, where they scored on a corner taken in the wrong side... I don't know :).

What I do know is, that if I was an AB fan I'd want to kill someone....

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think that Vejle will go down in the end.

Silkeborg has, since cristmas played some pretty nice games, and i believe that their play will improve for every point they gain.

AGF has like Silkeborg improved. Only they just started recently when the management decided to sack John Stampe. They may not have gathered many points, but thats, imo, pure unluck, cuz they have had the lead until the very last minutes atleast 2 times since Stampe was sacked.

Vejle on the other hand has, imo, not improved at all. They may get 3 points because of AB's mistake but that doesn't change their performance. They lost 4 - 0! at home:eek:. I only expect them to get 4 points in the remaining 6 matches.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
TØMRER!!!!! :confused: :happy: :howler: :cool: :D

Matchfit or not... this is an improvement beyond words.
SIF has released a statement confirming the news too.

That's it. We're safe :D . Awesome. I'm going to Parken next Sunday; knowing full well that FCK will play our socks off, but "Tømrer" has terrorized Albrechtsen before, and he will do it again.

We will still lose on Sunday of course, but so what ? I want FCK to win the title anyway, and Vejle and AGF can fight it out on their own now ;).

Here's to hoping we can retain "Tømrer" on loan for the rest of his carrier :D .

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
:howler:

Nice to see your passion, I hope your squad feels the same :)!

Anyway, maybe Tømrer terrorised Dolf before, but he's a new man now that he's with us :stuckup:, and it'll never happen again :tongue:.

I'm guessing on a 3-1 win, with Tømrer as the scorer for all Sifosis and their team :D.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Dolf....
DOLF!!!!!! :confused:

As in... Dolf (or is it Dolph) Lundgreen or what ? .... because he's strong... ?

:howler: :tongue: :cool:

That's the most stupid nick I've ever heard for a player, with the logical exceptions of just "Tømrer" and "SuperTrold" as the usually absent minded SIFosi called Thomas Røll ;).

Dolf...

Anyway.. to stay on that path... Dolph Lundgreen might be a mean psycho, but he was still beaten by Sly in Rocky4, and I suspect Sly's oral proficiency and physical frame are both reminiscent of "Tømrer".... so.. prepare for another knockout :D .

Lastly- please don't say that Tømrer "maybe" terrorized Albrechtsen before... just try and remember the Cup final last year ;).

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
:D

Yeah, as in Dolph Lundgreen :howler:.... I think it's awesome, and much better than Albrechtsen. Another option is Allbright, as in Madeleine...ah, what ever :howler:.

Dolph vs Sly. Interesting matchup..hmm. What do you other guys say? I'm guessing for a tough fight, with the blonde as the winner :stuckup:, because Sly's strenght is in his long 80'es hair he had in Rambo, and that's not facion anymore :tongue:.

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Today DBU decided to award Vejle a 3-0 win in the game against AB because AB used too many non-EU players. Therefore the standing is like this:

9 Vejle 26
10 Silkeborg 25
11 AGF 22
12 Lyngby 14

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
It's still a very close race down there. It's far from decided yet. Just like in the top:D

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
What do you mean, haven't you already been crowned champions :confused:? That's what the media seems to think, or by now, have thought :tongue:. Which makes me wonder, can you really win a championship that already has been given to another team :D?

I think we'll prove it's possible :).

And damn, I'd be so mad on Per Frimann and co, if I was a Silkeborg or AGF fan :mad:.

·
Registered
710 Posts
AB had lost to Vejle apperantly!!
Since AB had to many non-eu players on the field, Vejle has been givin the three points the winner of the game would have been giving.
This changes somewhat more than it may seem. It is now even more points to Vejle who seem to be rid of the relagation, more or less(unless Ane has calculated that too)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts