Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, awful football is not a topic which appears quite often in this section, but I have to open up that thread.

My team has fvcked it up completely this season. We're not definitely relegated, but we need a wonder to escape the big ugly mouth of division 2. We've got the best team ever on paper, but the reality shows that they didn't manage to be a team this season.

I want to know who else feels the same. Who else is in love with a team that has given nothing back this season. I know that the Derby fans might stand in line with me, but who else? Let's unite in faith of a better future.

edit says... sorry for the wrong spelling in the title. Surely I mean "world"

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Parma is killing us slowly this season. This year it seems as if we will really relegate :moan: .

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, you're one point above the line. :nono: :D

I've just seen that the relegation zone in Italy is also pretty close. And it got closer over the past 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the feeling as if the German 2nd divison is the most boring of all of the 2nd divisons of the top... lets say 6 countries. Is that just my impression or does evey fan think the same of "his" second league?

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
is the title a play on The Smiths song 'Shoplifters of the world Unite' ? lol

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
is the title a play on The Smiths song 'Shoplifters of the world Unite' ? lol
:D The most obvious would have been "Workers...", but I had The Smiths in mind. Music never lets you down. ;)

And while I'm at it... I've just rememberd two great quotes for my club and my state of mind.

“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans” -from Beautiful Boy

“Christ, you know it ain’t easy” -from The Ballad of John and Yoko

I'm sure he didn't mean football (Lennon wasn't a football fan, was he?), but for a guy like me, for whom football is a big part of the life these two quotes are perfect. And so much perfect for this season.

·
Registered
59,253 Posts
I have the feeling as if the German 2nd divison is the most boring of all of the 2nd divisons of the top... lets say 6 countries. Is that just my impression or does evey fan think the same of "his" second league?
well at least this season you've got some decent sized clubs there like Köln, Mönchengladbach, Sankt Pauli and Kaiserslautern

Here in Holland our 2nd division consists of ADO Den Haag while the rest basically consist of teams with cow sheds for stadiums with 20 problem kids and a dog watching them.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Well, we are about to get relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time ever in our 124 year existence.

We can still escape, but we need to show big bollocks. I think we are fúcked to be honest.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Valencia is on course with an impressive sprint for 18th place this year. You're in good company.

K4: As if the username isn't enough of a taunt already. :pp

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well at least this season you've got some decent sized clubs there like Köln, Mönchengladbach, Sankt Pauli and Kaiserslautern

Here in Holland our 2nd division consists of ADO Den Haag while the rest basically consist of teams with cow sheds for stadiums with 20 problem kids and a dog watching them.
Ok, yes. Köln and Gladbach will most likely play in the top division next year, Kaiserslautern one league below us (doubt they can achieve the wonder) and then we've got St.Pauli (which is an interesting club, but not a big team) and 1860, Mainz, Freiburg. They're all not the teams I would die to play against them. :D

Anyway, we will see two games against our arch enemies, the damn SpVgg Fürth (not Greuther Fürth, that's the strange new club :D)

And we might have to play against MTV Ingolstadt. In Ingolstadt ( a city which you have to pass when you're driving down to Munich)they've got AUDI, the ESSO refinery.. but a football club??? wtf!

Jibril, it doesn't look good for Leicester. I wrote it a few weeks ago somewhere on this board... every great football club has to play third tier in its existence at least for one year. ;) I know what I'm talking about. ;)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Valencia!? Wow, I didn't notice that they're falling apart that much. I've missed that because you lose some interest in the rest of the football action when you're team is so awful.

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Bolton seem to play shit football and get away with it...sometimes even finding themselves in Europe :googly:

But it seems that Boltons luck finally has run out and they find relegation looming over them. This season started off shit without Big Sam and then the sale of our prolific striker, Anelka :sad:

Its been doom and gloom this season.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Zaragoza with Cesar, Diogo, Ayala, Juanfran, Matuzalem, D' Alessandro, Aimar, Zapater, S. Garcia, Oliviera and Milto are sitting in 18th place and will get relegated. Its even funnier than the Atletico Madrid team of 99 :howler:

I think Valencia will escape relegation, they're only 15th :D

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
I have a feeling Zaragoza will just survive the drop going past Recre and Valladolid and possibly Valencia as well. Too many good players to go down, but then so did Atletico of 2000.

·
Administrator
53,213 Posts
Yeah its unbelieveable Zaragoza are virtually out. But D'Alessandro isnt there anymore, in San Lorenzo, and oughta be only good news for them, despite relegating.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
As for Parma, they are piss poor, but Serie A has teams that are even worse. Livorno, Empoli and Reggina are in the drop zone for a reason and Catania and Torino are just as bad. All these teams are 2 wins from safety as I don't think more than 2 will achieve that in the next 5 games. And they play each other too, so that will be crucial, though I can see most of those ending up as draws. The luck one will be whoever draws a team with nothing to play for on the last day of the season. Cagliari are improving and will probably survive.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Ha ! I was used to thoses season played on the last day, and you ended on the good side of the fence thanks to the goal average.:sleepy:.

Too bad we haven't any PSG fans here, or even Lens ones. But there is a big hope possibility to see them relegated at the end of the season.

Paris FC is 3 points from the promotion in division 3, so we might have a derby next season aswell.:D

1 - 20 of 66 Posts