Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crag announced that our squad for next year will consist of 25 player, three of which will have to come form the youth team.:eek:

Three players have been offered to leave the team for free. Mihajlovic, Colonnese and D. Baggio are free to find the team and Lazio will not ask for a payment for these transfer.

Now, what happens if they dont find the team? Wages of these guys are burden (especially Miha's) considering how much they actually play. Secondly, what would make them move if they dont get the same money somewhere else?

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
aca said:
Secondly, what would make them move if they dont get the same money somewhere else?
More playing time perhaps although I somewhat doubt that would be a main concern. These players are all in their 30s and they could spend their last time just cashing in. I hope theat is not the case because that would mean they are totally unambitious.

Normally I am against releasing players for free because that is like giving up but it has been proven that is very difficult to offload these players because they have little market value, considering their low playing time and age. Then there are their huge wages which has seen many interested clubs pull out of a possible transfer.

If it can help Lazio I say let them go because they will be no where near the first team next season, thus just taking up space and money which could be spent else where.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts