Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, we got off to a great start............ I thought you'd bite more than that but anyway............
Let me be honest............
I am anticipating that the Italy v Croatia is going to be one of the highlights of the world cup (first round anyway) and I really can not wait for it.
I usually don't like being this nice but let me say 'may the best team win' (hopefully Italia) but I know that both sides will produce a superb and beautiful game..............
Is that better ed?

SempreItalia..

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
whatever man,

We all know how the cocky Italians finished second to Croatia after loosing 2-1 in Palermo :)

And after your players and media made fools of themselves, as Croatia outclassed Italy who could barely mount an attack.

We'll see you in Japan, let's hope they mock us againlike thelast time around, we love that underdog status.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
yeah, dont worry about it dude... we have ppl starting bad threads around here once in a while, so ppl get confrontational if they think some1 is messing with us ;-)

let the better team win of course (croatia)

:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is good to be confident Ero, it just means you fall harder when Croatia will lose - which will make us Italiani so much happier.
Remember, this aint Palermo and it's not a friendly....

FORZA ITALIA.....

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
my zemljak couldn't resist telling the Italian that it wasn't a friendly, but a crucial qualifier that decided the top of the group.

It's true, it ain't no friendly (Italy never beat us there either :)) and this time they won't get a lucky goal in the 93rd making it look closer than it was, it was a blowout, and Italy were outclassed.

said their coach "Croatia took the ball off us, and never gave it back"

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Even if we don't fare that well against them in group play...we can always get our revenge in the knockout phase in the semi-finals. I know Croatia will be there, but will Italia???

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's like this, if a team wins 1-0, it doesn't matter how they win!!
Italy are masters at it, scenario: Inzaghi dives in the box for no reason at all in the 95th Minute and gets awarded a penalty. Del Piero takes it, makes the keeper drunk sending him the wrong way.... GOAL. Italia 1 - Croazia 0.
The fortunate thing is, Italy's defence will never be troubled in this tournament, and for once -thank god- they have one of the strongest attacks in ages. They look very promising, but, believe me Im not underestimating Croatia. Most of them learnt their trade in Italy so it wouldn't be surprising if they match it with some of the big boys....

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Actually Croatian's learned their trade in Croatia. Italian clubs paid a lot of money for those skills. Italy's defence will be mezmorized by Croatia's passing game along with a desire to win.

Just like they did in Palermo...

Cheers
Super Croat

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
...or we can just beat you 3:0 like we did germans in WC '98

would you like that better? you can still beat ecuador with 1:0 if you want!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
983 Posts
SempreItalia said:
It's like this, if a team wins 1-0, it doesn't matter how they win!!
Italy are masters at it, scenario: Inzaghi dives in the box for no reason at all in the 95th Minute and gets awarded a penalty.
The possibility of Inzaghi taking a dive is about 99% as he is nowhere near good enough to trouble our defence on his own.. even without Tudor :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ciao Croati, If Inzaghi plays consider yourself lucky - you'll have an extra player on your side. I hate the prick and come to think of it so do most Italians. It has become one of the greatest mysteries in the world why they still continue to pick Inzaghi and that f*cking cazzo Di Livio. BUT with Montella and Vieri - and just a quick note, Vieri doesn't even have to be %100 fit to have a great game - than you guys are in trouble. If I was Croatia (thank god im not!) I would be more concerned about winning against Mexico and Ecuador then trying to win against or beat a team that is out of reach.....
Oh Man........ I can't wait............. Italia 3 - Croazia 0
Lygon St, Norton St and Park Rd will be going off
FORZA ITALIA SEMPRE

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
sempreitalia(goes down),
june 9th we'll see....
in the mean time,write a letter to Nesta and Canavarro and ask them what are they doing to stop Rapajic and Vugrinec?
Do they have some kind of plan?
But,there is one player from Italy yhat I CAN'T stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That Cazzo Materazzi...
Even the site of him makes me want to beat him up!
Boksic will take good care of him!

CIAO ITALIA BELLA
LAND OF THE GOAT!

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Oh I love it, more Italian cockiness with no foundation, in 3 games Italy has failed to beat us, and managed to watch us in the semis on their television screens last time around ;)

I have to commend the Italians though, they're plucky and arrogant, even after being thumped at home and embarrased for life by the little Croatians (we have 4.5 million people, Italy has more registered footballers)

we don't mind, just keep it coming, it makes another victory all the sweeter.

·
Registered
983 Posts
SempreItalia said:
I would be more concerned about winning against Mexico and Ecuador then trying to win against or beat a team that is out of reach.....
Out of reach LOL

Just like u were out of reach in all our previous encounters :D

The way to beat Italy is play them at their own game.. the Italian game has always been based around skill.. when they play teams who also base their game on skill and have talent they struggle.. just like we have proven on a number of occasions.

Either way whatever happens i just hope Italy have another penalty shootout.. it would be comical watching them crack under pressure in the same fashion 4 WCs in a row :D :tongue:

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
JureM said:
Even if we don't fare that well against them in group play...we can always get our revenge in the knockout phase in the semi-finals.

Pretty weird, even if Argentina and England make the semi finals they will be playing each other too.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts