Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
I don't know I'm against regional leagues but this league proposal sounds like it will just be central European countries(Hungary-Austria-Slovakia-Slovenia) along with us and Bosna and Hercegovina so it's not like we are going into some yugo like league again. Could work if done properly because all the afformentioned countries are sort of struggling with thier leagues right now but there has been a previous relationship and generaly its on good terms between all the countries so it would be more about bettering the soccer rather than politics(unlike the goodyear league)

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I always thought it might be a good idea, especially since it looks like RTL (the German TV company) would posssibly buy the rights to the league. If they can get some big sponsors ( it would be great if Austria was involved), this could prove to be successful. :thmbup:

·
Registered
69,788 Posts
Hmm I don’t know, but this certainly is better than having the Balkan league. Don’t know why Austria would want to do this, I don’t think their league is that bad and their clubs have some decent success in Europe.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
I don't think Austria is that great, Sturm Graz had some great runs (2nd group stage CL) but other than that they haven't been exactly stellar. In fact their ranking has steadily declined. The only thing when considering regional leagues outside of the ex-YU region is the fact that traditional rivalries do not exist between these teams. The quality will have to be noticeably better (than the national leagues) to attract fans.

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
I wouldn't mind the league but i know that we'd kill each other in Bosna to determine which teams will participate....

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
And I'm glad they aren't ;)
Just commenting.

·
©
7,230 Posts
I am against the league. If Austrian clubs are involved then it makes it better, but the other countries, realistically, have weaker clubs than ours. So what will we achieve? Nothing.

Interest will be not much greater than the current HNL and it will not improve the quality of our league or players.

HNS want a quick fix to solve the problems they created and are not willing to fix themselves.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agree with everyone here who has said that Austria needs to be in this league,
but I dont know if a league like this would drag more ppl to the stadiums. A league just this have just been created in Scandinavia, "Royal League" and so far it hasnt attracht many ppl.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Bosanac said:
I wouldn't mind the league but i know that we'd kill each other in Bosna to determine which teams will participate....
haha, so true... Zeljo, Sarajevo, Celik and Zrinjski, Siroki... We will have to have at least 5 teams to make Federation happy and then serbs will threaten to pull of the Premier league :).

I think it would be safe to say that from Premier league there would have to be teams based on performance.

As to general idea, I think it is awesome for all of the leagues involved. Anything that brings more money and better games will be extremly helpful.

Sponsors will be very interested and thats how all of the teams will benefit. A lot of major world companies sell their products in this area of the world, from car companies to banks to food products. For them, idea of 30 million people marketing will be awesome...

Main problem of HNL is that sponsors dont see any value in it. For example Lisabon's GDP is not much higher than ZG (i think ZG's is even higher actually) yet sponsors in ZG spend 8x less money on football than sponsors in Lisabon....

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Lets see who would possibly be in the league:

Austria
- Rapid
- Austria

Slovenia
- Olimpija
- Maribor

Hungary
- Ferencváros
- MTK (?)

Croatia
- Dinamo
- Hajduk

BiH
- Zrinjski
- Zeljo

I think only team that might not get more than 8,000 people on stadium at every match would be Dinamo ZG. Lets assume average would be 8,000 for an game, thats probably 2x or maybe even 3x times than average game at ZG or in Poljud.

How can that not be beneficial? That kind of revenue from audience alone is not possible in HNL unless we talk about Dinamo vs Hajduk derby... TV and sponsor money would be 4x than HNL...

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
And I'm glad they aren't
Well Dragan Stojkovic isn't so glad. It seems the higher ups in the Serbian Soccer League feel left out of this regional league and will try whatever it takes so that they too can be in it as well. Personally though I hope everyone sees it like you do because it doesn't look like a much of a league anyways, but it has potential to be better than what we have now as long as Serbs stay out of it :smileani:

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
CroatTommy said:
Well Dragan Stojkovic isn't so glad. It seems the higher ups in the Serbian Soccer League feel left out
:dielaugh:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
No wait, it'll be like the GYL. First they'll not even want to talk to the Serbian clubs, and then they will beg them to join :dielaugh:
Hope that doesn't happen though :undecide:

G

·
the liga with Hun-Slo-Bos is interesting and i wish that Mac can take part.

This is what Goran and Macedonian think from our forum. It eas a reply to Andrija i think.

No chance that Macedonia will take part in Romania-Macedonia-S&M-Bulgaria league. First of all, it will not bring people to the games because no one in Macedonia are interested by Bukaresti or Sofia teams. We have no tradition with them like we have with Hajduk and Zvezda.
Secondly, It will be big audience problem, Komiti (Vardarfans) will kill each other both in Skopje and Sofia with the Levski and CSKA fans.
I rather see Macedonia in the SLO-CRO-BOS-HUN league, we have no relations problem with dose countrys. The problems are the region! we are far away from the Jadran and Dunav region.
But i have to bee honest, first af all i don't think Austria are interested and then i don't think it will be a Public success. No one in Zagreb are interested in Ferencvaros or Honved and no one in Budapest are interested in Zagreb or Hajduk. The only league who will be Public success is the Balkan league but like some of you say it will bring problems between Serbia and Croatia.
But to the Mac-Rom-S&M-Bul league NO THANKS.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Bosanac said:
better you then us :rollani: :ass: ;)

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
To the guys who disagree with this idea, why don't we just give it a shot. I mean how could it get any worse in the Cro league, I mean for phuck's sake most games don't attract more than 1000-1500 people. I'm sure more people will come out to see Hajduk play Ferencvaros or Olimpija Ljubljana than a Slaven or Kamen!!

G

·
grba2 said:
To the guys who disagree with this idea, why don't we just give it a shot. I mean how could it get any worse in the Cro league, I mean for phuck's sake most games don't attract more than 1000-1500 people. I'm sure more people will come out to see Hajduk play Ferencvaros or Olimpija Ljubljana than a Slaven or Kamen!!
1000-1500 people :eek:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.