Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They got promoted from C to B. Most recently they signed ex-Roma and Milan winger Menez, and already have some recognizable names for Serie A fans like German Denis, Reginaldo and Hachim Mastour (never made a mark but was hyped in his Milan youth days)..

In attack they look good enough but their midfield, defence and gk I am not familiar with tbh. Could barely recognize players in those positions when I checked Reggina's website.

I remember Reggina had some good players in their Serie A days, like Mesto, Modesto, Mozart, Nakamura, Jiranek, Cozza and Di Michele, so I am curious to see if they can return to Serie A. They haven't played there since 2008-2009.

·
Registered
46,839 Posts
Mastour goes on with numbers which can hardly suggest he is going to play at professional level for long. And he is just 22 yo.

·
Registered
46,095 Posts
I was a Reggina fan for one season...when Pirlo and Baronio were there on loan in 99/00 and saved them from relegation.

Mastour would probably do better as a Youtuber. His thing will be football-related pranks, different hairstyles in every video and personal grooming tips for metros. @pele10brazil

·
Registered
46,839 Posts
You never know, he could learn a football player should concentrate on football first of all. It might happen before he is 40 and maybe he could become a decent player. I'd be curious to know the opinion of his coaches and understand whether it's a matter of priorities in life or he is simply not so good as people suggested. If I'm not wrong at some point he made a sort of Cassano and refused to play for the Italian youth teams but maybe I confuse him with someone else or it was Milan youth teams... For sure I know that he chose the Moroccan NT over the Italian youth NTs, a thing I know Moroccan players living in Italy tend to do and I do not appreciate. You know I want players to play for their own REAL country and Mastour is Italian no matter what the origin of his parents is. Obviously, it is hardly a problem right now because I doubt he is going to be Italian NT material anyway.

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lafferty set for Serie B return
Football Italia
12 Hours Ago

Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty is reportedly on the verge of a return to Serie B with newly-promoted Reggina.

According to Sportitalia, negotiations are destined for a successful outcome, with Lafferty sold by the ambitious offer on offer at Reggina.

The 32-year-old is available on a free transfer after leaving English side Sunderland.

He scored 12 goals for Palermo during the 2013-14 campaign, helping them win promotion to Serie A, but left the following summer after then-owner Maurizio Zamparini called him ‘an out-of-control womaniser’.

The Amaranto, for their part, will be playing Serie B football next season after winning their group in the third tier.

They signed former Roma and Milan winger Jeremy Menez last month and also have the likes of German Denis and Hachim Mastour on their books.

---

Are they only going to sign attacking players?

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They signed former Inter midfielder Lorenzo Crisetig

Apparently Reggina are close to free agent Adil Rami.

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They have struggled so far. 1 win in 8 matches. Hopefully they don't get relegated to C. Still a long road anyhow. Boring top 3...

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Serie B: Reggina sack Toscano
Football Italia

Serie B side Reggina have officially sacked coach Domenico Toscano following last night’s 2-1 home defeat to Venezia.

It’s reported his replacement will be Marco Baroni, who is expected in town this evening to sign the contract until the end of the season.

Reggina thanked Toscano for his time at the club, having taken them to promotion from Serie C to Serie B last season.

The club managed just one win in the last 10 Serie B games, along with three draws and six defeats.

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Serie B: Reggina appoint Baroni
Football Italia

Reggina have announced the appointment of Marco Baroni as their new head coach until June 2021.

Baroni has been appointed to turn things around at the Stadio Oreste Granillo, replacing Domenico Toscano at the helm.

“President Luca Gallo and Reggina announce that they have reached an agreement with coach Marco Baroni,” the club confirmed in a statement.

“The manager joins the club until June 30, 2021.”

The 2-1 defeat to Venezia last weekend means Reggina have lost six out of their last seven League games and sit 16th in Serie B after 12 games.

Image credit: @Reggina_1914 on Twitter
Benvenuto mister #Baroni!

Il comunicato Marco Baroni è il nuovo allenatore | Reggina 1914

Lillo D'Ascola#ANewBeginning pic.twitter.com/SEPcGEOPAz

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lafferty and Mastour leave Reggina
Football Italia

Serie B side Reggina hit headlines with their transfer strategy, but Kyle Lafferty has been released and Hachim Mastour sent on loan.

The club earned promotion from Serie C to Italy’s second division and invested heavily in some big names.

Among others, they brought in Jeremy Menez, Lafferty, Lorenzo Crisetig, Ricardo Faty, Thiago Cionek and Alessandro Plizzari.

However, today Reggina announced they have terminated their contract with Northern Ireland international striker Lafferty by mutual consent.

He only arrived as a free agent from Sunderland in July.

Lafferty played 11 games for Reggina between Serie B and the Coppa Italia, scoring one goal.

Reggina are also parting company with Mastour, the 22-year-old former Milan youth academy talent who famously filmed adverts with Neymar when he was still 15.

His career never quite developed the way he expected, with short spells at Malaga, PEC Zwolle and PAS Lamia.

After 11 appearances between Serie B and the Coppa Italia, contributing just one assist, Mastour is heading to Carpi on loan in Serie C.

---

So Mastour isn't even considered good enough for a struggling club in Serie B...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts