Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
next round we play against reggina again in a night session. as juve have to take on udinese, where we can hope for another slip up of the old lady, it is an absolute must for us to take 3 points.

personally i would like to see us use this 3 - 5 - 2 carlo played at the end of the lazio match. clarence seems not to be the ideal choice against small teams that defend much as he is a little bit slow and drifts a lot to the center so we don't use our left wing enough. we can't rely only on cafu to provide depth on the wing. another advantage is we can play our best defenders where they are best. in the center

-------sheva----hernan-----
serginho-----kaka------cafu-
-------pirlo---gattuso------
----maldini--nesta---stam---
----------dida---------------

but i guess that will not happen. if the boys get the 3 points i'm happy anyway.

forza milan

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Yes! It is that tactic (3-5-2) which I want to be. I wrote in some local forums about this tactic, but majority of people don't believe, that it will work well...

Last season we presented 3 points to Reggina... and now they will return them to us ;)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
It'll be tough for you as they are a tough team to crack. Bonazzoli can hold up the ball well and Reggina is dangerous on the counter-attack with a defence that put Juve to shame. You'll have troubles against them. The key to this game as others is to get a psychological edge but that'll be tough if you're playing against them at their home field (are you?). Pirlo will be the key for this game he has to break down Reggina's midfield and you must utilize your wings as that is one of Reggina's weakness'.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Gattuso has been disappointing in his last few games, so I hope Ancelotti keeps him on the bench and starts :devil: Max :devil:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It's going to be tough reggina are in great form and have been for a while,let alone playing them in a slide they're always dangerous in Calabria.It will be a rugged game,If we play to our best and take our chances I'm quite confident.But it won't be a walk in the park.

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
acdc81 said:
personally i would like t see us use this 3 - 5 - 2 carlo played at the end of the lazio match.
I think Stam & Seedorf and maybe Gattuso should sit this one out. Usual formation.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
It's not as if we need to dominate to win. No matter what line-up is called up, Milan will always create 2-3 chances a half. It's all about efficiency and converting those chances. I'm happy with a 40+ minute goal in each half :party:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
RossoNeri_BAKU said:
Last season we presented 3 points to Reggina... and now they will return them to us ;)

It is common knowledge that many results in Italy are affected from good relationships between clubs and former "favours" of one team towards another...
So yeah, last season we kept them alive, I believe we did it just to have this advantage now. :sweeteyes:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Well, wendsdays NT games have had the effect of boosting Crespo and Gattuso's morale, but also we will have to play without Pirlo, due to his knee injury (2 weeks) :frownani: Probably Ambro will pick up the DM position.

Reggina have been undefeated for the past 7 games, including their down to 10 men late draw with Inter :cool:

Possible lineups:

:: REGGINA 3-5-1-1
1 Pavarini
6 Zamboni
26 De Rosa
14 Franceschini
20 Mesto
5 Paredes
22 Mozart
18 Colucci
3 Balestri
10 Nakamura
21 Bonazzoli
A disposizione
8 Soviero
4 Piccolo
2 Cannarsa
77 Boudianski
23 Esteves
19 Tedesco
9 Borriello

Allenatore Mazzarri

:: MILAN 4-3-1-2
1 Dida
2 Cafu
13 Nesta
3 Maldini
4 Kaladze
8 Gattuso
23 Ambrosini
20 Seedorf
22 Kakà
11 Crespo
7 Shevchenko
A disposizione
17 Abbiati
5 Costacurta
31 Stam
24 Dhorasoo
10 Rui Costa
27 Serginho
15 Tomasson

Allenatore Ancelotti

Forza Milan :devil:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Pirlo not being here is going to be a big blow for you. You needed Pirlo to play the ball around and to utilize the wings. Dhorasoo should get the start as much as I love Ambrosini or perhaps even Rui Costa. Cafu must do well and so Seedorf so as to stretch Reggina's 3 man defence. If you generate enough chances I am sure something will go in.

I have mixed feelings about this match I want Milan to win the Scudetto but I want Reggina to do well as they are my team that I have roots with.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Ambro confirmed in Pirlo's position. Stam is on the bench.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Carlo can start Ambro in Pirlo's position but then he should use Dhorasoo in Ringhio's position with Seedorf on the other side. :thmbup:

It would also enable Gattuso to get rest and get him fresh for Utd.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Haroon said:
Carlo can start Ambro in Pirlo's position but then he should use Dhorasoo in Ringhio's position with Seedorf on the other side. :thmbup:

It would also enable Gattuso to get rest and get him fresh for Utd.
Me need no resting ;)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Leaving aside the immortal Gattuso, I think this midfield lacks creativity once more...Seedorf was awful against Lazio, Ambrosini can only help with his headers when the opponent is closed down in their area and Gattuso adds nothing more than his marvellous ball-winning mentality!
Kaka and Shev will be on their own as always and if something goes wrong, bang! Everyone will blame them for not scoring PLUS we will lose our chance to keep up with Juve on top for like what, the 4th time into the same season?

I would like to see Rui Costa starting in Pirlo's place and just because he cannot play more than 60 good minutes, Carlo can introduce Ambro to tighten the midfield, assuming we will have taken the lead by the 60th minute. Or Dhorasso starting on the right in Gattuso's place with clear options to help Kaka in building the game.

Bah, I don't know...I just don't wanna get disappointed once more in this Serie A.
BTW, Juventus easily up 2-0 at the 70th minute against Udinese. Seems like they have got back to their usual self...

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Juve are winning 2-0 against Udinese with about 15 min left... We have to win against Reggina to keep up with them :fero:

·
Registered
667 Posts
I sure hope we wont play that lineup diavolo posted, ambro + gattuso is not a good solution :(

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
After underlining that once again Juve have been wery lucky with ref's even this week, in hoping that they will have some bad calls in the near future too :hopefull: with one hour to go before the start of the match, we are in the uncomfortable position of having to win :stress: :devil: :stress:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Strategy for the spring: keep the 2 point gap and beat Juve at home to pass them in the table, then never look back ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
barracuda said:
Strategy for the spring: keep the 2 point gap and beat Juve at home to pass them in the table, then never look back ;)
Today Juve were once again very lucky with the refs decisions (1 valid goal dissallowed, 1 certain goal for Udinese stopped, 2nd yellow card for intentional hand-balling not awarded on Cannavaro). Plus we must not forget, that Ibra should not have played the game due to his kung-fu tackle last week in Palermo. On the contrarary, wWe have already been awarded 4 Reds this season, even if we are the team that fouls the least in the whole of Serie A :frustrat: . May luck be on our side from now on :hopefull:

This evenings game will be mentally very difficult for us, cause we MUST win :stress: :devil: :stress:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts