Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Refereeing system needs reform: Blatter (updated)
SEOUL, June 22 (AFP)
FIFA President Sepp Blatter admitted Saturday that the World Cup refereeing system needed wholesale reform.
Blatter was speaking after Spain blasted Egyptian referee Gamal Ghandour for disallowing two ostensibly legitimate goals in their quarter-final penalty shootout loss to tournament co-hosts South Korea.
"The whole system of selecting and designating referees needs to be looked at," Blatter told AFP.
After their defeat, Spain became the latest nation to join the growing clamour over referees being biased towards South Korea.
Spanish goalkeeper Iker Casillas was furious with Ghandour for ruling out two Spanish goals, both in controversial fashion.
"We'd already seen this when South Korea played against the United States, Portugal and Italy," he stormed.
South Korean coach Guus Hiddink brushed away the Spaniards' protests.
"That is not fair (to use the word suspicious)," said Hiddink. "Errors are made, by players, by coaches and by referees and linesmen.
"The losing team should look in the mirror, not look to external circumstances."
Edgardo Codesal, a member of FIFA's referee committee, admitted this week that the Ecuadorean referee in South Korea's victory over Italy had been wrong to send off key Italian player Francesco Totti for diving.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there u have...

all u guys who dissed totti check it out the refs are also with us.

ITALIA WAS ROBBED PERIOD!

Lav

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Yes, Italy & Spain were BOTH ROBBED!

But so what if Blatter says all this crap? Do we even believe him anymore, after this farce of a World Cup? :rollani:

And Hiddink... I agree partly that the losing teams should go through a period of introspection to see what went wrong. But geez, maybe he should just shut up.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO Jun Lei this isnt just baltter

but a head of reffere commision

so there u go all u italia bashers eat your hearts out

Lav

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Lav said:
So there u have...

all u guys who dissed totti check it out the refs are also with us.

ITALIA WAS ROBBED PERIOD!

Lav
Yeah right...:rolleyes:

When Totti first got a yellow card I told my little brother that he'll DESERVEDLY be sent off for diving later on, and how right I was! ;)

This player is a real joke, he got the talent, he got the skills, but all he can do is just fall when he can go that extra yard, hell, why did he raise his hands when the referee first whistled like he was fouled? He knew that he dived and that under usual circumstances he would get a penalty (usual being crappy Italian referees in the Italian league of course!), but he got the red card coming in his face! He deservedly got sent off! :fero: :devil:

I'm still with the suggestion of Totti becoming a professional actor...:rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yacoob,

Your prejudices against Totti is showing. Sure, Totti has a reputation for diving in Serie A BUT this should not be used as a reason for justifying the contentious decision of sending him off just based on the fact that he DESERVED to be sent off! Look at what actually happened on the pitch in the match and not let your prejudices get the better of you.

Totti is not the most likeable of characters, that much is agreed but if this opinion is used to justify a wrong decision made against him, then it is sad for football that prior reputations and deeds do have an impact on what happened on the pitch, something that should not happen in the 1st place.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yacoob

You biased prick if the head of the reffering commisison can say totti did not dive how can u say he did!

AND why should his reputation MERIT HIM BEING SENT OFF!

Lav

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Why are you guys saying that tottis red card led to Italys downfall,
Brazil got a wrong red card, but they managed to hold on.
THe world is not against Italy, so stop that crap.Referees have erred in nearly every match. The main problem was Italys finishing and defending. You better realize that.

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
How many goals did Brazil have disallowed? How many did Italy...a fact that you repeatedly ignore with your glib critique of Italy's style. Italy's game doesn't amuse you? Well, so f ucking sorry, maybe you should stick to watching those sick Brazilian telenovelas

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Brazil stop when they hear the referee whistle for offside, Italy doesnt, and goes ahead and tries to score anyway. Thats the difference. I am no supporter of Brazil and dont want them to win, but even the referee gave them a wrong red card, but they still ended up winning, by taking their chances, and keeping possession, something which Italy didnt. So cut the crap that its a conspiracy.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Excuse me, I did not watch Korea vs USA. Can someone tell me what bad call/non calls were made?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Why are you so self centred that it seems that everything is pointed at you. This is pointed out to all who think this way.

·
Registered
309 Posts
This player is a real joke, he got the talent, he got the skills, but all he can do is just fall when he can go that extra yard, hell, why did he raise his hands when the referee first whistled like he was fouled

So if someone falls in the penalty area must get a penalty or a yellow card?The defender clear the ball and next hit Totti's leg.NO
penalty,NO yellow card.

He knew that he dived and that under usual circumstances he would get a penalty (usual being crappy Italian referees in the Italian league of course!), but he got the red card coming in his face! He deservedly got sent off!

ROMA took 4 penalties in 3 games this season.Totti played only one of this 3 games(ROMA-FIORENTINA,ONE PENALTY.)
I suggest you to see a italian game in your life and then say anything you want for the italians referees......

I'm still with the suggestion of Totti becoming a professional actor...

....and Totti in more that 4 games in your life.Let the people who have seem him in more of 100 know sth better.

FORZA ROMA

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I don't think that the dismissal of Totti is why we crashed out of the WC. The reason we crashed out was because of dissalowed goals, and really unacceptable performances.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Hiddink is acting like a fool giving those comments and should really shut up, it's weird that he's even celebrating the victory:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Haider said:
Brazil stop when they hear the referee whistle for offside, Italy doesnt, and goes ahead and tries to score anyway. Thats the difference. I am no supporter of Brazil and dont want them to win, but even the referee gave them a wrong red card, but they still ended up winning, by taking their chances, and keeping possession, something which Italy didnt. So cut the crap that its a conspiracy.
if italy doesn't taking their chances.... y there was a tommassi's disallowed onside goal?

italy did although is not enough
but that is italian style

brazil after got sent off they didn't get a goal
but italy did (which is disallowed)
eventhough brazil still keep both defending or attacking or italy keep not attacking

u know.. error of the referee is not italy's fault
they keep do what they should do
they make goals (not only korea's match, also another match)
but just robbed , it's obvious to see
do u think that they should shoot 100 times but not make 1 goal instead of only shoot several times but make 1-2 goals?
is it attacking enough????
done bad don't deserved to lose, only can't made goals is deserved to lose
if the goals in the korea 's match was allowed , is there any way for korea to equalize?

and someone say referee are human (they made error because they are human)
y they are "human" only when italy or spain score but not the other side?
and not "human" for korea even other countries score or fouls?
oh what human they are..... benefits, money, adventages for themselves first .. fair play is second ...... human :groan: :groan:

and u see how defensive germany and italy they are
but they both got three world cup champs
only brazil (attack side) get more then them
how about other countries?????
so defensive also work WHEN not robbed by someone.....
taking their chance?? they did....but robbed by human :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Once again, I ask you, why are you calling Tommasis goal disallowed.
The ref blew the whistle(a wrong call), the goalkeeper stood still, tommasi heard the whistle, and just went and shot in the net without the goalkeeper moving. That is not a disallowed goal. That is a goal occuring after the refs whistle blew, and nobody else moving. If the ref had waved play on, who here can guarantee that Tomassi would have scored. So stop calling it a disallowed goal. I am also pissed that Italy lost, but am even more pissed at the childish and immature attitude shown by the Italian team, media, and the fans.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
What are these forums for them
Discussing conspiracy theories
I'll just be a silent spectator then, just laughing at the whining Italians, who cant admit defeat. By the way, the the Vice president of FIFA is Spanish. I dont know why he didnt conspire to kick S.Korea out.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts