Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool in move for Kluivert
By Peter Fitton

Liverpool have been involved in secret talks aimed at taking £20million-rated Patrick Kluivert to Anfield this summer.
The 25-year-old striker's ambition is to play in England and he almost quit Barcelona six months ago.

Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier identified Kluivert, a close friend of Jari Litmanen, as a target before recruiting Nicolas Anelka on a loan transfer at Christmas and preliminary discussions have already taken place with his financial advisers.

Houllier made a move last summer after an Arsenal bid fell through because the Londoners were not prepared to break their wage structure and match the Dutchman's £3.5milliona-year contract in Spain.

And Liverpool's interest intensified after Kluivert's impressive Champions League display for Barca at Anfield in November.

Kluivert, who has also played for AC Milan, said: 'Now England is the dream I am determined to fulfil. When the time is right I will make the move.'

If The reds wan't Kluivert in the summer out of are strikers who will be going ? baros can't go. Owen won't go . Will we sign Anelka and Kluivert and sell heskey?

Whatever you say having the choice of choosin from Owen,anelka,Kluivert is always gonna be a good one

:)

One lil problem were are we gonna get money like that to buy them Kluivert is rated at 20million and Anelka would be around 14million BIG SPENDING THIS SUMMER

·
Registered
619 Posts
We don't only have to find the money for those new strikers, we also have to buy mobile phones for them so that they can keep in touch with the rest of the team. Talk about bloddy isolated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
We don't need no more fookin foreign mercs, we need home grown lads like Johnno Welsh, Neil Mellor, John Ostembor and Davie Raven!

:mad:

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
KI.. Even if it happened (although I really don't want it to happen at all.. Kluivert is SO overrated.. and I think we do have enough when it comes to strikers!!).. But as I said.. even if it happened... we'd benefit nothing!! Chances should be created by the midfield.. and our current plan does not invlove any creativity at all!! So what we'd have would be Owen + a large moaning dutch guy!!

Yes.. when you put the names against each other.. it sounds great.. but so does Anelka + Owen.. but the two look as if they're lost in a desert!! I think we HAVE to buy in midfield.. at least 3 to 4 players.. as our players are either too old.. too tired or not up to it!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moreplayers more new blood

Anelka has not really set the house on firer and his form has not been that great since leaving Arsenal. Kluivert has 6 goals in spain and 5 in the Champions league so he must be pretty ok. I read on Teamtalk that Mcallister will be replaced by Barry Ferguson in the summer Which sounds ok to me. Personally to me i would like to see the reds pick up Sinclair,ferguson and Kluivert and send Anelka back but i guess we have the rest of the season to look at him more. Heskeys turn and shot on goal against Southhampton showed that he can score and he can be a great player but he is not selfish enough even thou he has the Skills and class and POWER. I think Kluivert would like to link up with Jari again with both of them playin at Ajax and Barca which could be a good move because Jari knows how Kluivert plays and with Jari playing as a creative midfielder it will give him a good chance to set up Kluivert and Owen

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah I've heard this link before. I suspect he'll be offered a place again, he'll probably refuse again and then we'll sign Anelka. If he accepts I can't see us signing both him and Anelka especially when we really do need to strengthen our midfield and with rumours of Emerton/Sinclair and Ferguson that would be a severe splash out. Also given the fact that at the moment we won't even get into the Champions League I can't see us having Anelka and Kluivert and would Kluivert want to play in a non CL team ? but hey I'm no manager !

·
Registered
452 Posts
Kluivert is good just because he has a good supply for goals. He can score lots of goals just because he has Rivaldo, Overmars, etc. I dont think buying a new striker is a good idea. Owen is unbelievable.
If Kluivert worth 14M , Owen must worth 100M. He can score lots of goal if he has a good supplier for goal.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Well I'm really not someone who wants to see Kluivert with us..

Ok.. the guy has improved massively this year.. why?? cuz his role with Barca has changed.. last year.. he was a pure striker with Rivaldo.. and to say the truth.. he sucked.. This year.. Barca's out and out strikers have been Saviola and Rivaldo.. Kluivert has been given a supply job more than a scoring job.. of course he scores when he can.. And he's fitted into this slot superbly.. right behind the front two..

But.. when it comes to egos and trouble making.. he's not better than Anelka!! Proved it with Ajax and Milan... and now with Barca..

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
King Italy said:
Owen-Kluivert = One of best striking partnerships

Chances of happening = Rare

Yep. if he'd come then its in order to partner the great Emile Heskey :rolleyes: ;) Seriously though - if this deal goes through, a thing which i find unlikely, then why did we get Anelka? All those rumours suggest the club is panic and i don't like it. We should stick with what we've got, if we need another striker we should give Baros a chance.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I reckon we should either get kluivert in the summer, send anelka back and keep Liti, and possibly get a cretive midfielder some one like Joe Cole. if we were to keep anelka , then the chances are we will be offloading either Heskey or Liti or evn both. I don't really wnt to see Liti go as he hasn't been given a fair chance to play and can still be very handy for us.. therefore the only option will be to sell off Heskey to someone like man yoo...:D i'm sure they'll be glad to have his ever so hard working services, running and tumbling over, goal in 20 odd games ratio, the odd flick on's, and the likes.....:D

·
Registered
756 Posts
We don't need another striker, we already have good ones. The problem is the midfield. No support for the strikers which makes it hard for them to score. Not to mention the tactics. Bring on Litmanen and/or buy some wingers!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Liverpool need more life

With Fowler gone The reds will buy another Striker Whethor it be Anelka or someone else they will be lookin out for someone. Anelka has not played that well so the first option of buyin him may be past. Personally i aint really seen Kluivert play only seen his Statics which could be proven by those who are around him at Barca i thing Liverpool should spend the 11million on someone who is already playing English football My choice would prolly be Fredrick Kanoete because he has already Adapted to the english game and has shown he can score in the english game to.

I agree We need some more width and more scoring from the midfield Just a suggestion but maybe Eric carrie would be Handy. Along with Gareth Barry, Chris Riggot, Barry Ferguson and Trevor sinclair and know doubt the reds team would be strenghend in all area's

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My team

With reading all the players Liverpool have been linked for summer moves with i have created a team that i think would be good still have the attack and of course the Rotation could be used with never having a weak team on the pitch.

.......................... Dudek................................
G.Barry.......Hypia......... Traore............Vignal
Murphy.......Gerard.......Petit............ Riise
......................owen.....Heskey................

Litimenen Kanoete Hamman Henchoz Sinclair Berger

The rotation system would depends on who we are playin of course the line up is not like 100% it can be changed as in Hamman and gerard could start in the middle. I choose Petit because i think he is a lil more attackin and more creative then Hamman but Hamman is a awsome Defensive midfielder so he would get games were he would start over petit.

Reasons for the defence well babble will never be 100% again and i have my doubts with carragher. barry is very Impressive Hypia is always impressive Traore is a similar size to thuran and i think he will be a awsome Defender when he gets his chance he has already been good in a few games. Vignal has been very solid althought we need him to get over his foot problems.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
i have read about thid too, how liverpool coach love kluivert, and how kluivert want play at england, kluivert is good for the last pass before the goal, but if you buy him only fo score, he needs a lot of chance, btw i don't think he is going to leave barcelona next season

1 - 17 of 17 Posts