Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Marca Digital:

Real Madrid and AC Milan have reached an agreement for a transfer of Fernando Redondo to the Italian club for an amount of round 2.500 mil. ptas. The one thing remaining is for the AC Milan administratives to contact the player in order to find out his own opinion and to definitely close the matter if possible. A few days ago, Redondo declined an Inter Milan offer, but now he has to answer the offer made by Silvio Berlusconi's club. Florentino Perez has in mind to talk about it with Vicente del Bosque within the next hours to find out what is the trainer's view regarding Fernando Redondo. The spanish trainer already said in yesterday's MARCA that Redondo is essential for his plans.

The Real Madrid president has in mind to offer a name of a player as an alternative in order to get the trainer's approval. Yesterday, during Figo's presentation, Pirri, Real Madrid's athletic director, stated that the decision regarding Redondo's future depends exclusively on del Bosque. This matter will reach an end within this week. Perez doesn't want to delay the matter too much because in case Redondo goes, the technical group will have to start looking for a substitute, given the fact that del Bosque views the coverage of this position as essential and considers that Redondo was decisive during the past season.

"I'm only thinking about Madrid"
Redondo knew that he was the centre of attention yesterday in Nyon. The player looked to be more serious than usual but looked also totally calm. He didn't want to talk a lot about the Milan offer, mostly because he heard about it from the media. "I don't know anything about Milan. Nobody addressed to me. The only thing I'm thinking about is to continue training with Real Madrid. I am very calm and concentrated in my work which is to prepare myself in the best possible way."
That Redondo didn't know anything about Milan was no pretence. On Sunday night, when they told him about it in the hotel, he was stunned. He didn't even imagine it. He is still under contract and he wants to stay in Real Madrid. From his part everything is clear and he is not thinking about moving.

A

·
0 Posts
noooooooooooooo
i think the real madrid faithful is being sold.
redondo is the king of madrid mudfield real will have to explore the world for finding a player of the calibre of redondo.
i think we should keep him for another year so that cambiasso can learn from him.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He has been with us since 1994 and is a Real Madrid captain. He would refuse to play for his National in order to play for Real Madrid.

WE SHOULD KEEP HIM UNTIL THE END OF HIS CAREER. Period.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I see you can translate from spanish. How come?

Anyway, Del-Bosque has rated him as a vital player. He added that this was in sport terms but... unfortunately the club´s plight might force to do some hard adjustments like this.
On the one hand, Redondo is my favourite player since 1995, i often watch Real´s matches focusing just on Redondo and I see him as the key factor for achieving the 2 CL´s. Everyone remembers the semifinal against Borussia and the show he made at Old Trafford.
On the other hand, I am afraid Redondo will only play at his best for like one or two years more. That is to say if the transfer is worth 16 million dollars and his wages make for two years another 10 millions, the outcome is that each year will cost us 13 million dollars if we want to stick with him.
For me the important thing is Real Madrid so, weighing up... both alternatives satisfy me.
You might think i care too much about money but in our situation the debt is the Real issue and if Florentino wants to clear it out he will have to make some radical adjustments.
Moreover, Redondo stated he did not want Florentino to be at Real, the other way round does not surprise me. A football player MUST not have to be involved in the elections and he did.
Nowadays Redondo is the only one football gentleman remaining but yet he made a mistake.
Redondo in, Redondo on this is a trade-off in which I am not clear at.
Let us find out. By the way, in Spain nobody calls him the Principe but El Pibe de Oro.
As for Hierro, pretty much the same but he is a moron and he will be injured the 80% of the season. Their era ended up with the Octava.
It has been hard to send this post. :confused:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Needless to say I completely disagree with you Novena.

There are players that except for giving their best football years to Real Madrid, they are also true heart and soul madridistas. Like Hierro and Redondo.

THEY SHOULD BE TREATED ACCORDINGLY.

Especially when they DON'T WANT to move.

As for the Redondo statements in Sanz's favor, so did Roberto Carlos. So, don't tell me it's a matter of order. This is bull****

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Selling a Real Madrid captain in order to finance the purchase of a Barcelona captain.

WHAT A DISGRACE.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think I did not make my point.
Imagine the most likely scenario, in 1 year time both will not be at their best , so the coach´s duty will be to bench them. In this very case we will be having them there 2 or 3 years waiting for their contract to run out, and losing 35 million dollars.
Real Madrid is for players at their very best.
You idol Butragueño understood this and went to Mexico.
In Redondo´s case I am not sure but I am as for Hierro. So Perez Hands in Hierro :D

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The day Perez hands in Hierro will be the day Perez becomes a Barcelona resident. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Except for business, there's something else in football (and not only football) : ETHICS.

Yeah, ethics that Perez was making such a fuss about during the election period.

EVERY FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE WORLD THAT CONSIDERS ITSELF DECENT IS BEHAVING ALIKE.
Even far smaller and far poorer clubs.

The title of the GREATEST CLUB IN THE WORLD that Real Madrid takes pride in bearing shouldn't only be talk.

It should also have a context.

·
Registered
258 Posts
We are not discussing Perez´s opinion on Hierro but ours. So forget Perez who I am sure is the most ethical football man.
I only said that Butragueño understood this, and the Greatest Di-stefano who retired in the Español during his last two years. Both, of course, received their deserved Honour Matches and Di Stefano ( I have seen Di-Stefano playing :D:D:D) has become our honour president.
If we want to be the best, we have to field the best players at their best, but of course we have to be grateful with those players who gave their best for us.
But as the saying goes Renovation or die.

For example I would not have extended Sanchis´contract for this last year but I would have offered him a post like Buyo,or Chendo.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are indeed talking about Mr Perez's opinion on the matter since he's gonna make the decision anyway.

You have stated 2 examples to make your point and I could state another 2 or more to make my point. It's useless.

It's not what we're talking about anyway. We are talking about Real Madrid STARTERS (yeah, Hierro is a starter too when not injured - even at La Seleccion). And above anything, team captains that Perez wants to THROW OUT, while they don't want to leave (unlike Butragueno and Di Stefano's voluntary exit). That's a disgrace in my book.

Have you heard anybody wanting to buy Sanchis? I didn't think so. Why indeed? I suppose you suggest that AC Milan, Inter and Bielsa that wants Redondo back for WC2002 are all stupid while Perez is the smart one around... yeah, right.
As for Hierro, IF the AC Milan rumor has any base, it will be the 2nd italian club looking to sign him this summer (after Capello's Roma). I suppose they are stupid too...

P.S. You have seen Di Stefano playing???? Pardon my asking this, but how old are you? :confused:

P.S. 2 I agree on your point on Sanchis. But this is what has to be done with Fernando and Fernando (the Buyo and Chendo option)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Your so beloved Fernando Hierro is in my opinion who spoilt the dressing-room in Mijatovic-Seedorf times. Don´t you remember the complot against the press?
Anyway do not worry he´ll stay cause Perez won´t accept any offer but me...
If you can speak my language I am sure you will have heard him talking... no comment.
I have also to say that Hierro was about to sign for Barcelona in Mendoza´s period. Indeed he was in Barcelona when Mendoza had to travel to talk him through.
Listening to Del-Bosque now I am sure I do not want Redondo to leave no matter the price cause for me the coach must be the boss in this matters and I trust him so much that for me Redondo´s talk is over.

As for the question of my age, do not freak out, but if you could get Real Madrid Tv , you could see a program they call "Gran Reserva" with the entire matches we got our 8 european cups. This hollidays I was lucky and I had the chance to see Real Madrid 7- E. Frankfourt 3.

THE BEST MATCH EVER¡¡¡¡:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Come on now Novena, it's been 5,5 years since we've seen the last of Mendoza in the Real Madrid administration!!! A long long time ago...
It wouldn't have been right of course, only just another Figo, Luis Enrique, Laudrup, Schuster etc. Another mercenary... Luckily for him, he spared himself the "glory".

"If you can speak my language I am sure you will have heard him talking... no comment." Hehehehehe, how true! :D

I'm not surprised though. You should speak my language and hear a lot of Greek footballers talk...

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update from MARCA :

Real Madrid's coach Vicente del Bosque, regarding the possible transfer of Fernando Redondo to AC Milan, said today that for him Redondo is an excellent footballer but his staying with Real Madrid does not depend on him.

GREAT. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts