Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it seems like the Argentine Midfielder ruined by Injuries time at milan is coming to an end,just Imagine the player he really could've been with us.grazie nando brilliant courage.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Where's he going?

Anyway, i was really glad that after 2 years he could eventually play for us. He's always been a great player and i enjoyed watching him with the Milan shirt, but he's been more of a back up so it wouldn't be a big loss if he left us now.

·
Super Moderator
13,617 Posts
He was very good against Roma.
We still could use him for another year. Specially if Rui leaves.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Yes, I liked him against Roma too. Very well done. But van, I don't see him as something like back-up for Rui Costa. He's in Milan to play Pirlo' role. And he did it well against Roma.

·
Super Moderator
13,617 Posts
Sure, but if Rui leaves Pirlo could take on his role, which would allow Ambrosini and Redondo to play where he usually does.
The great Ambro for sure deserves it more, but Redondo is absolutely perfect for Pirlo's position also. He's played at that kind of role - sort of a deep organizer- his whole career.

Highly unlikely scenario anyway. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
van said:
Sure, but if Rui leaves Pirlo could take on his role, which would allow Ambrosini and Redondo to play where he usually does.
The great Ambro for sure deserves it more, but Redondo is absolutely perfect for Pirlo's position also. He's played at that kind of role - sort of a deep organizer- his whole career.

I agree pretty much. On the other hand I started to like Pirlo on his 'new' possition quite a lot, I don't want him to move back to 'numero 10 role'.

·
Super Moderator
13,617 Posts
That's why it is unlikely...
Pirlo at his current role is pretty much what makes our midfield a special one. It's one of the main things that makes us different from other teams.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
van said:

Yeah, that's the only scenario that I can see Super 'Nando getting any more playing time with us. Even then, Ambrosini would probably be the starter at Pirlo's position.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Redondo's playing time at Milan is limited as it is and it won't change IMO if Rui leaves,If he has the chance to play more regular 1st team football them I'm quite sure that he will leave.Also after all he's what around 34 now and his fitness sadly is not what it used to be due to those wretched Injuries.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Update on the Redondo situation from acmilan.com:

Fernando Redondo, once again among the heroes of the victory against Siena, talked about his future, speaking with the Milan Channel. He said: 'I've recently spoken with chief executive Adriano Galliani about my future at Milan. The club would like me to stay and I'm happy of their attentions. I feel part of this group and feel at home in Milan. However, I've explained to Galliani that I need first-team football, that's why we'll meet again at the end of the season to discuss about it in a friendly manner. I've come back to my old good form, I feel good and useful to this team. I hope I can have some more chances but it will depend on the coach. As a professional player, I just have to be always ready to play and not to lose heart. Football is my life, my passion. To feel important again after a long time gives me more responsabilities but also a great motivation to do better.'
Same story from Galliani:
Galliani also talked about Fernando Redondo's future. He revealed: 'Milan have already suggested Redondo to extend their contract. He would like to end his career playing, it all depends on him. Fernando knows how much Milan are keen of him and will take all the time he needs in the next months to make his decision.'
I'd hate to see him go, but if that's what he really wants after his injuries, then I'd wish him good luck.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I can't see how his performance yesterday warrants a praise. Now the in the coppa games lately he has indeed been brilliant.

Yesterday I saw too many mistakes from him to give him a praise. he was good but in patches. As far his abilities are concerned he played at 60%.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
nando was simply controlling the midfleid at the back. H estopped so many attacks as a DM, distributed the ball very well, went in attack few times. Sure he lost few balls but everyone does at his position - Viera, Rino or Pirlo, everyone.

I think he was a force last night. gazzetta gave him 6.5 with only Dida, Brochi, JDT (7s) and Kaka 7.5 getting more ...

nando was very solid last night and gave us what we need when Pirlo needs to rest.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
bono said:
I just saw that ALL 6 or 7 italian papapers gave him 6.5.
Thats an extremely solid performance, milano.
I saw what the papers gave him. May I ask you "Did you watch the match?". Although he stopped a lot of attacks and controlled the mid well (he was better in the coppa matches), he lost a lot of balls. They were mostly potentially dangerous for us and if they had been taken advantage of by the opposition, the marks would have been much less. As they were not hence the good marks as he did play alright in patches to warrant those.

Just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Well then maybe we rate performances in different ways.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
I am sure we all do. For example, I didnt see Brochi to be so good. He was OK, but not that great as they say - they give him 6.5 or 7. And what I mean here is that he has a role to play - Rino's. That he also crosses and goes much more forward, is a bonus, but only if teh 1st role has been kept and solid. And I dont think he was at Rino's level - he was not covering so much ground and was not involved in so many crucial tackles, didnt win so many balls. Hence, he is not getting also a bonus from me.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Again disagree. :D I would give him a 7 as well.

Ofcourse he is no gattuso. If he had been he would have played more. I would give him the bonus points just because he had the heart to continue play after he got badly hit in the leg in the 1st half. The injuy at that time looked really bad and he looked in real pain too. And one can't ignore the assist (either by design or chance) for JDT's goal. And also, he could have scored a goal too.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Concerning Redondos performance yesterday.. I think it was great! His distribution is top notch, he controls the flow completely and his intentions are clear, now the flow will settle here, now the flow will build up pressure there and now the flow will burst through right... there!
When his extraordinary vision sees it and he wants it, he quickly verticalizes the game and a few passes later Milan are breaking through. Pure class to find his man in the hardworking maze that was Siena, sometimes even Flo was in front of him helping the other 9 defenders.
The magic Redondo creates is that he doesn't only find ways to pass players running for the pass- he finds alternatives to pass static players and gets them moving, changing the direction of the game. A priceless ability that can unlock such crowded halves such as Sienas :star: :star: :star: :star:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts