Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fernando Redondo of Real Madrid could become the latest addition to Inter Milan's line-up.
Moratti is open to a few possible solutions in a bid to sign the player. He would gladly accept a swap with Javier Zanetti ( who has also had offers from Barcelona) or he could buy the player if Real don't ask for too much. Either way, Inter Milan's summer spending is far from over.

I

·
0 Posts
replacing a 24 year old for a 30 year old seems pretty illogical. Plus the inter site said zanetti is not for sale. And I personally dont think we need anymore midfielders especially since we are using the 442 scheme.
we have enough as it is.

and in regards to our forward situation and Salas. Why in the world didnt we keep Kallon. both are non-eu. and we sell a budding star to buy a moderate forward.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I think Zanetti is 26 and soon to be 27!I can't think of any reason to swap a over 30 yo player who never play in the Serie A while the team has 5 central midfielder,with the captain of the team which played for 5 yrs for the club and never been out of form for more than 1 match!!!!!

Inter should never sell Zanetti!!!!Not even R.Carlos or Figo as exchange!!!

Forza Inter!!!!
Forza Zanetti!!!!

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Don´t worry. Every time Inter are trying to buy a Real Madrid player Zanetti some how get incluided in the deal. Like when Inter tried to buy Guti it was a rumour about Zanetti. I don´t think we need Redondo now when we have Farinós.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
"INTER have made a bold 3,600 million pesetas bid (£13.5 million) for Real Madrid's Argentinian star Fernando Redondo and with the Spanish club under new presidency, a move has not been ruled out.

The Italian club have returned to Redondo to increase the quality of the squad and a place in the centre of midfield would be his for the taking but Redondo signed a contract extension until 2003 with Real before his vacations.

Having won two European cups in four years, with Redondo at the helm of the side his profile has been increased, if that is possible, amongst various clubs for the charismatic Argentinian.

Given that Redondo has dual Spanish and Argentinian nationality, he would not require a work permit - another feather in his cap.

Despite the fact that he is 31 this year, Inter still believe he has four or five years at the top.

His situation could change after the vote where Redondo publicly stated his support for Lorenzo Sanz and with Florentino Perez winning, it may undermine the player's position at the club.

Perez is due to hold talks with Redondo over his status which should clarify matters over whether the Inter bid will be successful, with Perez expecting an apologetic player."

That means that Zanetti is not involved with the transfer.

G

·
0 Posts
If Inter buys Redondo, I think they would have to sell a midfielder (besides Jugovic) to.

I think that if Inter bought Redondo and sold Cauet,it would be a great deal because Cauet is 30, so they don´t have to much of an age difference, and Redondo is a much better player.

N

·
0 Posts
Redondo is one of my favourite players. I would always want to see him at inter and he is a player I value highly . I wouldn't mind seeing him come in instead of Cauet.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
does this make sense
cauet and panucci plus cash for redondo
redondo is old so are panucci and cauet
redondo helped real in their champions league victory
and he might get replaced by figo if real president keeps his promise

·
Registered
938 Posts
Forget about it, Redondo said he is staying in Real Madrid no matter what.... He has plenty of reasons to stay there. Besides with Real Madrid he will win his third Champion's League, etc., which will be almost impossible for him to win in Inter. Oh, and now Real Madrid is getting Figo.... Real Madrid just keeps getting stronger. Inter.... well not.... Oh and the poster that said that Figo will replace Redondo, get real, Redondo and Figo don't play the same position, Figo is a wing forward and Redondo is a defensive midfielder, so that's not going to happen.

[Edited by buggo on 22-07-2000 at 04:49]

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Buggo,take your time!You should be that happy!!Your club won the CL 2 times in 3 years!!But you'll not always win!It's true that Inter are unlikely to win the CL this season!Real is for sure favorite as they got Figo!But Inter will KICK ASS and I mean they WILL in 2 or 3 seasons later!!!Frey,Cordoba,Simic,Farinos,Zanetti,Seedorf,Recoba,Pirlo,Ronaldo,all will be in their golden days!!!hehe,stick with your Figo,Rebondo,Hierro,Carlos,Campo,Macca now!!You will shine this in a season or two!But INTER WILL TAKEOVER THEN!!!

Forza Inter!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts