Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that Redondo has spoken to Bielsa and has made it clear that he is ready to rejoin the National team. Now, let's wait and see if Bielsa will actually select him. At this point we may have up to three excellent Defensive Midfielders available; Simeone, Almeyda and Redondo. Of course, we have Markic, Cambiasso and Duscher waiting for their eventual opportunity.

[Edited by czar on 20-07-2000 at 06:54]

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
This is crazy. I know he is regarded as the best defensive midfielder today, but is Argentina really ready to lose Simeone to the bench?

Also, it's funny how Redondo all of a sudden wants to join when he sees Argentina playing the way the are.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
this is great news...i am so happy to read this piece of news...i have been praying for this for so long...he is pure class...a true champion...with him I THINK ARGENTINA WILL WIN THE WC2002 100%

VAMOS ARGENTINA!!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
EclipsE,

Excuse me, but this is a joke. "Is Argentina really ready to lose Simeone to the bench?" Well, it depends... Do they want better players in the starting 11 or not? Very difficult question...

Redondo has NOTHING to do with Simeone. Simeone is fine, Almeyda is fine, both very good players, but none of them is Redondo I'm afraid.

I agree that the timing is kind of weird, I guess the guy saw that this was his last chance to play in a WC with the National, he'll be 33 in 2002.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
hala.

Ok don't give me this Real Madrid players are the best in the world crap. Some Lazio fans would agree with me on this one. I know Redondo is the best at his position. But Simeone has been one of the true leaders of Argentina since 98, rarely missing games. Simeone has been with the National team since 94 and is essential to their chemistry.

I would love to see him come back to the national team but some people have mentioned Simeone as a very important player to Argentina, so that is why I started to question this possibility of Redondo returning to the NT.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I'm not going around saying Campo is better than Nesta, but what is true has to be said, Real Madrid, Lazio, whatever.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
WELCOME BACK

I am really would be the happiest man on earth if Bielsa call REDONDO again... :) :) :) :) :) :)
when he touch the ball IT'S MAGIC..SIMPLY HE CAN DO MAGICAL THINGS WITH BALL..

·
Registered
581 Posts
Can you believe that Redondo didn't play in the Argentine team between 1994-1999? He did play a couple of matches with Argentina last year after 5 years of abscense from the Argentine team!!! Thanks to Passarella... Passarella really screwed up Redondo, with his anti-long hair ideas, what a big moron is Passarella.

[Edited by Cyborg on 20-07-2000 at 17:23]

·
Registered
581 Posts
EclipsE: Simeone has been with the Argentine team before 1994, I remember Simeone playing in the 1991 Copa America. I also read that Simeone made his debut with the Argentine team in 1988. Here is a link to an article from El Clarin, it's about Simeone being with the Argentine team for 12 years now. http://www.clarin.com.ar/diario/2000-07-13/d-00801.htm

[Edited by Cyborg on 20-07-2000 at 17:37]

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
This is great news for Argentina but it doesn't mean that Simoene has to sit down.

What it means is that Simeone and Redondo can play together and that Veron can take over from the idiot Ortega as playmaker.

Its time Ortega take a seat although he plays very well for Argentina most of the time at times he is the world's worst player. And Veron is one of those players who almost never has two bad games together.

nothing wrong with thismidfield.

.............Simeone........Redondo..............
...Zanetti...........Veron................Kily...

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Hmm...

This is the problem with Argentina, they have too much damn talent to put in, you know a good player is going to be benched :(

tazz, I don't think Ortega should be taken off until he has a disatorous run of games. He is a key player for Argentina, he always gets fouls, penalties (by diving mostly) and opens up the play by dribbling. I would test Redondo in these qualifiers instead of Simeone and see how he gels with the team. If he does well, and I'm sure he will, keep him and then test Simeone along side him and take Ortega out.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i like REDONDO ALOT
but it is not fair
almeyda deserve the chance before REDONDO
he is obeyed BEILSA when beilsa put him in the bench
i don't thiink he will call redondo

A

·
0 Posts
if biesla doesnt recall redondo he will miss one of the greatest midfielders.
he was so influential in madrid winning ECL and even at his age(31) inter milan are ready to offer $15 million(approximately)

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
I don't recall Bielsa saying that Redondo would be playing. All that's been said is that Redondo, who had renounced to the national team, had given Bielsa a call saying that he was interested in wearing the "Albi-Celeste" again, that's all. I ,personally, like Redondo but I don't think Bielsa will call him any time soon, specially now that Argentina's playing so well. The chemistry is already there so if it aint broke, why fix it?

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Almeyda is with the Squad?

I didn't know that.....then he obviously deserves a chance before Redondo but having said that Redondo is teh best but Ortega again shoudl be the one dropped and play Lopez as a striking partner for Batigol instead of an inside left winger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts