Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From onefootball.com:
Fernando Redondo's career is in the balance after the AC Milan midfielder revealed on Saturday that he has decided to undergo another operation after 18 months out with a cruciate ligament injury.

The Argentinian has hardly featured in a Rossoneri shirt since his £11.25 million move from Real Madrid in July 2000, but hopes had been high that he would be fit to rejoin the squad early this year.

Redondo, however, notified Milan of his decision after a visit to the Mitre hospital in Buenos Aires on Saturday.

The club refused to comment officially on the news but a dejected coach Carlo Ancelotti admitted his dismay on Saturday evening.

"I spoke with him before Christmas and he told me he should be here for the end of January," Ancelotti said.

"It's up to him to manage his health. He made a deal with the club, something that nobody has ever done before him – he decided to recover from his injury by himself and agreed to forfit his salary until he was back to fitness.

"All I know is that from the tests he did before Christmas, he was in perfect condition. If he has had some problems after that, I really don't know about them."

Redondo is understood to have called Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani from his home in Argentina on Wednesday to tell him that he had suffered a setback on his road to recovery.

He had been expected in Spain where much of his rehabilitation work has taken place under Alfonso Del Corral and Pedro Chueca, who are part of Real Madrid's medical team.

But he never showed, then phoned Galliani to say he was still experiencing pain in his knee.

The development is a particular blow to the Milan chief, who has steadfastly stood by his signing. He believed that the Argentinian would soon be ready to kick-start his career in Italy after overcoming the complications which set in following the injury.

Earlier this month he said: "The fans should treat Fernando Redondo as our new signing because he is near to returning. If he achieves what he is capable of, and reaches the level of two seasons ago, we can count on a great midfielder."

Redondo offered to forego his £3 million annual salary in September. "I came to Milan to play and Milan must only pay me when that's what I am doing," he said.

A shocked Galliani was full of praise for the veteran.

"I have never seen anything like it during my career as a director," he said. "I have told him not to worry and that he will be here until his contract runs out at the end of the 2002-3 season."

"Fernando is an incredible man. I only hope that our great midfielder will be back soon."

Will he ever play for Milan? :(

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Patrick said:

The answer to that is obvious. The only question left is when will the great man officially retire. He has nothing to prove to anybody and at 32/33, he is getting older and older. Even if he does get healthy, I fear he'd be too past his prime to matter. Nobody, and I mean nobody, comes back from 2-3 years of injury time and plays like he did when he was in his prime. Too bad, because I would have loved to see him play for us. Hell, we could use him right now. :(

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Patrick said:

No
Nada

He should retire in a Real jersey

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
He should be shot and thrown into the sea, thats the only fate he deserves ;)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Patrick said:
No. He'll suffer setback after setback on his road to recovery, always just before an imminent return. Once his contract expires at the end of next season, he'll retire from football, and then all his mysterious knee problems will magically disappear. Decide for yourself what that means..

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
So true, so true... man, I feel so sorry for his setbacks, what a poor man, so sorry

Shoot him! :D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Re: Re: Redondo is gonna have another operation

Tim said:

No. He'll suffer setback after setback on his road to recovery, always just before an imminent return. Once his contract expires at the end of next season, he'll retire from football, and then all his mysterious knee problems will magically disappear. Decide for yourself what that means..

Seems that is going to be the case, no? Can it be anymore obvious that this dude never wanted to play for Milan in the first place? Who knoew a trip to the dentist lasted 3 years? ;)

Yo, Timbo!! Nice to see you drop by. :D

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
That guy is amazing. He ´s like .....he ´s been injured more times than the guys from Jackass.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
I said it was an hoax.

He is nothing more than Gallianis calming medicine for the Milan fans. It works good on some people (no names ;)) and other just don't care (me)....

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Redondo is a true madridista....

sure it's very hard for him to wear any thing but the whites of the merengues.

So how much did you buy him for??;)

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
I wonder what Payman might say right now ;)

Even I came partly to close to this, hmm, Galliani drug, thx god I never really got addicted to it :tongue:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Payman is still wanking off at the thought of "El Principe". :D

I think its damn obvius that Redondo doesnt want to play for Milan. It would be fan if he still took the money though! :D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Psycho said:
I wonder what Payman might say right now ;)

Even I came partly to close to this, hmm, Galliani drug, thx god I never really got addicted to it :tongue:

I know what you mean. For a moment, I was atually starting to think this guy might play for us. Not a very long moment, however. ;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Payman is still wanking off at the thought of "El Principe". :D
Sad but true :D :tongue: ;)

Lav

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Redondo is gonna have another operation

Dae said:

Can it be anymore obvious that this dude never wanted to play for Milan in the first place?
It was obvious when Milan was making this save-face deal--he said he didn't want to leave. Then RM turned on him, told him he was no longer wanted...remember that whole mess? Somehow it didn't surprise me when my roomie read this news to me this morning....

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Ya know what? I don't even want Redondo to ever play for us, anymore. First of all, with the time he's been gone from football, at his age, he probably wouldn't do us much good. Second, he seems to be snubbing the club. If Redondo were really serious about eventually playing for the club, he should be making himself more visible, especially at Milanello. He could be giving the youngsters a few tips and pointers. He could be hanging out with his teammates, getting to know them better. He could be supportive of the team, both at Milanello and through the media. But does he do any of that? Nope. He's showed up in the stands at a few matches, though very rarely, to show that he hasn't disappeared completely. Once in a while we'll hear about his latest efforts to return, then about his latest setback. But that's about it. Most of his time he spends in Argentina or Spain, away from Milan. With that sort of attitude, I'll take Ambro or Rino over Redondo any day of the week. If Redondo doesn't want to be at Milan, I don't want him there, either.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Good point, Tim. Now that you mention it, I have never seen Redondo do anything with or for Milan except pose for that one press release photo they keep using in the articles about his latest setbacks. The guy is invisible.

Oh, does anything look stranger or more strained than that pic of Redondo wearing the red and black? :rollani:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I second Dae on that one.. Good post, Tim. He obviously is full of it when it comes to the desire to play for Milan and unlike Ronaldo he is not young and does not have as much juice in his legs to make a succesfull comeback, and it's even tough enough on Ronnie who is much younger. Redondo and Ronaldo should be compared to what they have done off the field, For the past 2 years Ronaldo has said stuff like he cannot wait to play for Inter and is sick of watching the games on TV and has show passion to come back, Redondo has zip zero of that. Redondo, go away if you don't wanna play for us, It's the brutal truth, i guess. :rolleyes:

I am glad to see that Ambro and Albertini are way more loyal than that, it's a pity because we had a great player in our hand, but just turned into a lazy fecker who hasn't done zero for the club. I don't know why we don't juse release him right now. Egoist! I am sorry but i am just pissed off right now, my mom is at the hospital reecoperating from an operation and just thinking about Redondo makes me want to crush something! :dazed: :depress:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Patrick said:
Ijust thinking about Redondo makes me want to crush something! :dazed: :depress:
I think you have, it's called hope!

Redondo has no desire to play for AC or anyother Italian, EPL or anyother club.

Redondo is a merengue and is only loyalty is to the whites. Real Madrid is paramount in the heart & soul of Redondo.

I miss him!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yes, and Real Madrid treated him like dirt. Goes far enough to show what a "classy" club you are. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts