1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Goal.com:

Redondo Bids Farewell To The Beautiful Game
11/27/2004 1:28:00 PM
Former Argentina and Real Madrid great Fernando Redondo announced he has decided to end his football playing career.
“I have had great satisfactions, but there arrives a moment when one must turn the page,” said the 35 year old Redondo.

Last month Redondo declined an offer to join the Qatar league.

In his career Redondo won two Champions League titles and two Liga championships with the Merengues, before joining AC Milan.

Even though he won a Champions League title with Milan as well, his Rossonero adventure will be remembered more for the knee injury suffered right after he joined them that practically ended his career.

Redondo also collected twenty nine caps and one goal with the Argentine national team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was a very inteligent player, and from what I´ve heard a very wise man of the field also. :devil: :shades:
Ancelotti once said that " there is nothing I can teach Fernando about football that he allready doesn´t know". :proud:
I would like to see him added to our tecnical staff . Future Coach of ours :hopefull:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
What a pity we didn't see much of him in Red&Black :mad:
A great player a great man :star: :heart: :star:

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
he did nothing but to put hair gel :D:D

this is better for the human kind. :finger:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Egyptian_Juventino said:
he did nothing but to put hair gel :D:D

this is better for the human kind. :finger:
:wallbang: :thmbdown:

One less great player in the game is never good news.

Redondo was the best defensive mid of his generation, players of his caliber are very rare anywhere. :star:

·
Registered
345 Posts
So long Fernando.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts