Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redondo hangs up boots

Former Real Madrid star Fernando Redondo has announced his retirement from football.

Redondo has been without a club since leaving Milan in the summer after an injury-ridden time at the Italian giants.

The classy midfielder had revealed earlier this week he would consider his options when the January transfer window reopens.

Redondo has now dramatically changed his mind and has opted to hang up his boots rather than look for a new club to continue his career.

"I had a satisfactory career and I am very thankful about that but the moment for starting a new life has arrived," Redondo told Argentinean radio station Rivadavia.

"I am going to spend a year analyzing what I am going to do in the future. I am going to see in which way I am going to keep on being linked to football because that is what I want to do."

"I wasn't convinced so I thought that this was the best moment for saying stop.

"I had been thinking about this for some time and my family was very important for making me take this decision now.

"In some way I felt that I wanted to keep on playing because I feel passion for football but on the other hand I have to be realistic and make this decision besides that it has been very difficult for me".

"I am going to remind very well all the time all the teams that I played for specially Real Madrid and Milan and I wish to keep on being linked to them.

"I was in a good physical shape this year but my decision has to do with other reasons and the most important thing is that I feel okay."

The former Argentina international revealed he had the chance to return to play in Spain, but that he could consider playing for any other side that Real Madrid.

"I had also the chance to play again in Spain but I didn't want to do it with another team than the Real Madrid."

(planetfootball)

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Macri from Boca must convinced him to play in Boca, the moron brought Guly, Cagna, Palermo, Traverso, once Balbo, well I WANT REDONDO AT LEAST ONE DAY WITH BOCA T-SHIRT....

·
18,041 Posts
..bertoni, vcanniggia? don't get me wrong, those two were talented as many now can dream, but their lazy attitude cut their wings..anyway I love those two but in that case I want that lazy magician Houseman was...

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
What an enigma he was.

Is there anyone still playing from that 1994 WC team?

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Humbird said:
What an enigma he was.

Is there anyone still playing from that 1994 WC team?
Sure! Ortega, Batistuta, Caniggia, Sensini, Simeone and I believe el negro Caceres is still playing.

·
18,041 Posts
Que grande el negro, un personaje, pero tiene un calidad inusual para un central..de que jugaria antes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts