Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former Real Madrid star Fernando Redondo has announced his retirement from football.

Redondo has been without a club since leaving Milan in the summer after an injury-ridden time at the Italian giants.

The classy midfielder had revealed earlier this week he would consider his options when the January transfer window reopens.

Redondo has now dramatically changed his mind and has opted to hang up his boots rather than look for a new club to continue his career.

"I had a satisfactory career and I am very thankful about that but the moment for starting a new life has arrived," Redondo told Argentinean radio station Rivadavia.

"I am going to spend a year analyzing what I am going to do in the future. I am going to see in which way I am going to keep on being linked to football because that is what I want to do."

"I wasn't convinced so I thought that this was the best moment for saying stop.

"I had been thinking about this for some time and my family was very important for making me take this decision now.

"In some way I felt that I wanted to keep on playing because I feel passion for football but on the other hand I have to be realistic and make this decision besides that it has been very difficult for me".

"I am going to remind very well all the time all the teams that I played for specially Real Madrid and Milan and I wish to keep on being linked to them.

"I was in a good physical shape this year but my decision has to do with other reasons and the most important thing is that I feel okay."

The former Argentina international revealed he had the chance to return to play in Spain, but that he could consider playing for any other side that Real Madrid.

"I had also the chance to play again in Spain but I didn't want to do it with another team than the Real Madrid."

(planetfootball)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
LEGEND :star:
I think that he had a great season in the year 2000 and I won't ever forget his match in Manchester... but objectively, I think that he's not such a big thing. Anyway, he reached the heart of the madridistas for his attitude and you always rated him very high. He was a good player though, I'll never deny it.

In any case, this is only my personal opinion, so don't hit me very hard.

I prefer to recall him when he was in Tenerife giving Ligas to Barcelona. :pp

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Macri from Boca must convinced him to play in Boca, the moron brought Guly, Cagna, Palermo, Traverso, once Balbo, well I WANT REDONDO AT LEAST ONE DAY WITH BOCA T-SHIRT....

·
Registered
983 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I think that he had a great season in the year 2000 and I won't ever forget his match in Manchester... but objectively, I think that he's not such a big thing.
I disagree. I think he was a very accomplished classical defensive midfielder - a consistent ball-winner, graceful on the ball and very intelligent with his distribution.
To use the analogy of your car running only as smoothly as your engine - well, we had a Rolls-Royce in the El Principe days. :)

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
collectedsoul said:
To use the analogy of your car running only as smoothly as your engine - well, we had a Rolls-Royce in the El Principe days. :)
And now we're chugging along in our Ford Taurus while leaking oil...

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Even though his time at Milan was spoiled by injuries and general squad abundance, he is held in very high esteem by most Milanista. Nando was a elegant player as well as a gentleman. Should he pursue such a career, I think he would make a great coach. :clap:

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
if he is fit Rreal madrid should offer him a 6 months contract as a temporary DM solution then at the end give him a farewell match with hierro

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I think that he had a great season in the year 2000 and I won't ever forget his match in Manchester... but objectively, I think that he's not such a big thing. Anyway, he reached the heart of the madridistas for his attitude and you always rated him very high. He was a good player though, I'll never deny it.

I prefer to recall him when he was in Tenerife giving Ligas to Barcelona.
I like the objectivly there Koeman, YOU ARE SO WRONG, take it on Samuel, take it on any argie player you want and usually do, but pal keep Redondo aside, as I have an argie tatoo in every post, you Barca/Catalan is huge pal, you sometimes get me, I will help you: only:

Di Stefano
Pele
Cryuff
Beckenbauer
Eusebio

Had careers with almost no lows, and they have them , but insignificant in comparisson with their skills/achieves combine..then will come the rest, with lows injures, low form, etc..etc..these ones were touched by God, Mahoma, Buda, or anyone, but just had full package...
Redondo, as an endless list won his praise, and was one of a kind, make your opinon, but as mine, let's keep the objectivly aside.

·
Registered
817 Posts
:star: “El Principe” Fernando Carlos Redondo Neri :star:

The AMAZING Argentinean that EVERY MADRIDISTA in MADRID loves to death....

He is one of us....And always will be....

One of Real Madrid’s true sons.

One of the GREATEST players EVER to walk on this earth.

I will never in my life see a better and more graceful footballer.

Real Madrid should be privileged that this LEGENDARY footballer wore the great Real Madrid shirt.

It is players like :star: Redondo :star: that writes our history, and makes Real Madrid the great and the BEST club that it is today....

When I found out that he definitely retired today, it really filled my heart with incredible sadness.

I can’t even describe what a great player he was no words can do it justice....So I will keep it short....

DE NUESTROS CORAZONES, GRACIAS :star: REDONDO :star: FOR EVERYTHING, YOU STILL ARE THE BEST, AND WILL ALWAYS LIVE IN THE HEARTS OF THE MADRIDISTAS, WE WILL NEVER EVER FORGET YOU.

YOU ARE A TRULY UNIQUE AND BLESSED PLAYER.

FOR ALL OF THE MEMORIES, AND YOUR UNBELIEVABLE GRACE, GOD BLESS YOU, YOU ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST.

NO SE COMO EXPLICAR EL DOLOR QUE SENTIMOS POR TU RETIRADA......

SUERTE CON TODO CAMPEÓN, MERECES TODO LO MEJOR DE ESTE MUNDO ENTERO.........................

·
Registered
817 Posts
Koeman4 said:

I prefer to recall him when he was in Tenerife giving Ligas to Barcelona. :pp
Venga tío, I am really disappointed here Koeman4, your posts are usually 95% BRILLIANT, but here you let yourself down, this is one of the 5% rubbish.

I am REALLY OFFENDED, this is how I feel about your remark.

I don't think there was room here to lessen "El Principe's talent, how can you insinuate he wasn't as great as people make him out to be?

Redondo didn't come into the hearts of The Madridista's only because of his attitude, that is just ridiculous, he became one us because of the joy he brought in his unique AMAZING football play....And his heart....

Anybody who was lucky enough to watch him play live knows exactly what I am talking about.

Again, I am disapponited Koeman4, I thought you could appreciate one of the worlds GREATEST EVER FOOTBALLERS.

Again as I said before, he truly became a son of Madrid, and I am glad his plans are to stay in the great city with his family.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I liked Redondo style, he was one of the most elegant footballers i ever saw. and he was a true leader, a player like him is what we really need right now.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I felt I had to add something I said ages ago.

A player like El Principe should never EVER have anything to do with making money....They are so much more than "just" another player....Unique....Magical.....

I and many others will NEVER EVER forgive Pérez for his criminal actions regarding "El Principe", really this is something that will always hurt and make me furious at the same time whenever I think about it.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
You guys should not take Koeman's comment so very serious when it comes to Argie players as he has some kind of hatred for them, plus, what do you think of a man says that Puyol is the best defender in the world :dielaugh: :D

Redondo is the most elegant player anybody knows anything about football agrees on this. This man has it all, PERIOD.

Redondo :proud:

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
I want to say something in return to Pooh but maintaining the sanctity of this thread dedicating praise to your hero Im gonna keep shut.

Definitely a great player. Will miss ya.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts

Good old times :D

Grande Redondo...grande......

:( :( :(

1 - 20 of 62 Posts