Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.soccerage.com
07/20/2000. Inter Milan have reportedly made a concrete 3.5 billion peseta ($19.5 million) offer to Real Madrid for the transfer of Argentine midfielder Fernando Redondo.

Redondo does not have “not for sale” status at the Madrid club, even though he has been crucial to their recent successes and has said he wants to retire as a merengue. In addition, Real have some good reasons to sell him.

One such reason is the return of Esteban Cambiasso from his loan period at Argentine club Independiente. Cambiasso, also an Argentine, is seen as the natural successor to the 31-year-old Redondo and is almost ten years younger as well.

Plus, because of Redondo’s age, the Inter offer might be the last opportunity for Real to make money on his transfer.

But Redondo has won two European Cups with Real, and the temptation of seeing him play together with Luis Figo in a dream midfield could keep the Madrid side from letting him leave.

Either way, new Real president Florentino Perez will have the last word on whether the Argentine stays or goes.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
19.5M For Redondo?!!!It's really ridiculous!!I would rather go for Cambiasso!!!Who is 12 yrs younger!!!!!I don't really know why we would sign another midfielder,look at what we have,Zanetti,Farinos,Brocchi,DiBiagio,Seedorf,Serena,Cauet,Robiatti and don't mention Jugovic,Pirlo or Recoba!!!If Redondo came then who would make space?!Seedorf?!!DiB?!I really have no idea!!

Forza Inter!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts