Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did any one saw almeyda he was great
for me ALMEYDA now is back
he was doing everything in the pitch
attack and pass and CUT alot of attack moves from valencia if he was'nt playing
at least valencia will score 3 or 4

REDONDO when i saw him i was cry for enjoyable he is the best HE IS GOOOOOOOOOOD
all real madrid debend on him
the assist in the third goal WAS unbeleivable
he iis the man

WHY WE CAN"T PLAY WITH 2 DEFFENSIVE MEDFEILDES .....? :(
we will loose one of them

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Both Almeyda and Redondo are very good players and although they play in the same position they both approach the game quite differently.

I would say that Almeyda is a more complete all around defensive midfielder and all things considered I personally think he is better than Redondo. His recuperation and distribution of the ball is of the highest quality. Almeyda, also has very good tackling abilities.

Redondo, can perform these functions but perhaps not at the same level, he does however possess better offensive skills than Almeyda. Many would therefore argue that he brings more inspiration on to the pitch.

Redondo, has one major thing that is very disturbing and that is his attitude.

For the match against Chile he was selected by Bielsa but he refused to participate. With this type of attitude he doesn't deserve to ever wear the national team shirt ever again. In short, YOU CAN NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON THE NATIONAL TEAM!! What Redondo has done is shameful and he has lost the respect of the Argentinian fans and players.

Looking to the future, I think that Aldo Duscher, who played for Argentina at U-21 and U-23 levels will be a great defensive midfielder, I think he has the potential to be better then Almeyda or Redondo. I also like Esteban Cambiasso in this position.

Fuerza Argentina!!

Czar

[This message has been edited by czar (edited 20-04-2000).]

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Sh*t, you guys are going to be packed with defensive midfielders. I didn't know Dusher was DM. Interesting promblems for the coach in a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
You can try playing 3-5-2 with two deffensive midfielders. But it is better to form two national teams because I'd also love seeing Batigol, Crespo, Lopez and Saviola in the front. So many other guys in the midfield- Gallardo, Veron, Ortega, Aimar, Riquelme...
I can not choose among these. I feel sorry for your coach. It's pity to have some of the best players in the world if not the best, sitting on the bench... ;)

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i think redondo is a great player..he should play for argentina because he will teach almeyda more than he knows...redondo is a great leader....almeyda and redondo can play together if we decide to have 2 defensive midfielders in a game...argentina has a problem, but its a good one...they have too many great players.

FORZA ARGENTINA!!!!!!

J

·
0 Posts
well i think that any player wanna play in argentina national team ..he simply must super star
just take alook to the players around guys
ayala
chamot
sinsine
semoine
samuel
sorin
pochitino
ortega
veron
batigooooool ...guys am i have to writte million names ..well thats very very very long list to me........ciao

1 - 6 of 6 Posts