1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redknapp to leave

By Nick Pollins
Date: 14/4/2004

Tottenham Captain Jamie Redknapp looks set to be the first casualty in the summer clear-out as it appears he will be given a free transfer...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Redknapp to leave
By Nick Pollins for THEspursweb.com

Tottenham Captain Jamie Redknapp looks set to be the first casualty in the summer clear-out as it appears he will be given a free transfer.

It is rumoured that Tottenham have decided not to take up their two-year option on the former Liverpool midfielder and he could now link up with father Harry at Portsmouth next season.

However, a spokesman for Spurs said: "No decisions have been made on any players." Redknapp missed four months of last season with a broken foot and has had more surgery on a longstanding knee problem this campaign.

It is strongly rumoured that the decision to release him was taken by senior board members and Redknapp has already been told although it is still possible that Spurs may decide to review their decision.

The departure of Redknapp, who turns 31 in June, and the expected departure of Gus Poyet and Darren Anderton, who are both out contract in the summer, fits in with acting manager David Pleat's policy of reducing the average age of the squad.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jamie on exit talk

By Curio CT
Date: 14/4/2004

Tottenham skipper Jamie Redknapp is keen to earn a new deal to stay at White Hart Lane. Reports suggest that the midfielder could be on his way out of Tottenham at the end of the season on a free transfer.

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Jamie on exit
By CurioCT for THEspursweb.com

Tottenham skipper Jamie Redknapp is keen to earn a new deal to stay at White Hart Lane.

Reports suggest that the midfielder could be on his way out of Tottenham at the end of the season on a free transfer.

Redknapp has only recently returned to first team action, after yet another injury and he is concentrating on regaining his full fitness.

In a statement to skysports.com Redknapp said: "I am just pleased to be back playing for Tottenham and feeling a 100% again.

"I still believe that I have something to offer at this level and I want to give more back to the club for the unfortunate and frustrating times I have been out injured. I feel, at the very least, I owe the fans something."

"I've not spoken with the club regarding my contract situation for next year, because I just want to focus totally on performing for the team until the end of the season - and hope that those performances show how much I'd like to stay.

"I'm sure when the season is over I'll review my situation with the club"

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
I think Darren and Jamie, along with Gus and even Christian, have nothing to worry about if Spurs terminate their contracts... I'm sure there will be a host of TV programmes ready to sign them up.... Casaulty, Holby City, possibly even Vets in Practice

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Jemster said:
I think Darren and Jamie, along with Gus and even Christian, have nothing to worry about if Spurs terminate their contracts... I'm sure there will be a host of TV programmes ready to sign them up.... Casaulty, Holby City, possibly even Vets in Practice
Ziege most!! find it strange that with the millions he's earned, he;s never gone to a skincraft department. :eek:

Redknapp won't be missed if he goes. Let his dad take him along with Anderton. They surely won't want to miss out on the 2 Spurs rejects they get from us every season !!!

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Good point Wallace, what's more Sicknote is ex-pompey and Redknapp Jr has always expressed his desire to play for his old man some day... This would also save him £000s in phone bills too - everyones happy... :pp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts