Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red Star Belgrade will play Dinamo Kiev from Ukraine in the third round of qualifications for the Champions League - provided Red Star first beats Torpedo from Georgia in the second round (which by all accounts the should).

Tough draw boys, but it could be worse. BTW, does Rebrov still play for them?

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
I am not exactly too happy about this draw, but one thing is that it could have been much, much worse..
I really have no idea what to expect..
And Rebrov doesn't play for them anymore..:D

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Well, it is good and bad news. Good news for RS fans who'll have an opportunity to watch one of the strongest European clubs in the last 3-4 years. Bad news are that Dynamo maybe too strong for the current RS team. Dynamo's midfield is very good, very organized and very experienced. It is not clear whether RS's pressing game can offset Dynamo's midfield dominance. Also, RS's forwards have to be much more prolific and this is currently a problem.

Nevertheless, RS has first to take care of Torpedo from Georgia. At this stage of RS's form, it is not granted that they will qualify for the match with Dynamo.

·
International
6,519 Posts
GROBAR:

Rebrov signed Chelsea two weeks ago, and now the greatest fans think he will be top scorer in PL now :)

We will see :)

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Reborv will be playing for the TOTTENHAM SPURS. I wish he was at Chelsea.

On topic, this is a very tough draw for Red Star. Kyiv has been making the CL for the last 3 years and they know how to get out of these qualifiers.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Yeah guys, my mistake. :D
He will play for Tottenham spurs, not for Chelsea.

Sorry :p

B

·
0 Posts
the draw is tough but red star have more chances than you have tought guys. this team is different becasue it is not a tradionial yugoslav mentality. these guys run a lot, if a player losses a ball than he runs to get it back*every single player in the team!!!!!!!). the defence is the weakest point in the team but our tactic 3-5-2 is really great and covers everything. dinamo is a great squad but not anymore strong as it used to be. i predict a tense and close match but we will go through for sure.
regards,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts