Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just came back from the stadium and my first impression is that we finally have a great team(MNOGO SMO BRE JAKI!!!!!).
in front of 30.000 fans we easily destroyed torpedo and now we can put our attention for the dinamo kiev game.
the onliest change from the last game was pjanovic instead of stevanovic what was expected before the game because pjana is completly recovered.
kocic didn't have a lot work but one intervention could have cost us a goal but luckily markovic was on the goal line to clear the ball in the out. koca is a good goalkeeper but sometimes he makes some stupid mistakes. not very reliable. markovic was on the right side and he didn't play very well today but if i only say that abscence of dudic hasn't made any impact on our game i think that i said enough. gvozdenovic was on the left side and he was o.k. he didn't make a lot of crosses but was very useful in the midfield and contributed a lot in our domination throughout the whole match. bajcetic was our central defender. he is good but slow and we are lucky to have bunjevcevic on that position. bajcetic is good replacement and can be used in the midfield too. glogovac was playing beside him and he doesn't have a great technic but this guys clears the ball without thinking. just like ilija najdoski and we need one guy like him in the first eleven. our best player on the game was fantastic nenad lalatovic. he was our third player in the defence line and really, really impressed me. he is very stabile, techincly very good and has perfect crosses. with bunja he makes a great pair. nobody could have passed him and he made some good passes. simply brilliant.
our midfield was again the same. lerinc-ilic-boskovic. leo lerinc has showed some great skills and driblings today but cause of an injury(don't worry, he'll be o.k in few days) he left the pitch in 40 min. look at veron he is very similar to him. great passes, he sees everything on the ground. ilic is apsolutely our weakest player on the midfield. today he had about 10 bad passes and in attack he is not dangerous at all. i think that georgieski should get a chance to play instead of him. boskovic is extra-class player. today he scored a goal(and he could have scored at least two more) and was extremely useful in the midfield and in the attack. great crosses and control of the ball. one of the best players in the team at the moment.
our attack was drulic-pjanovic. what can i say about these two guys who will be very soon the best attackers in europe.
drulic scored two goals but he impressed me more with his will to fight for the ball all the f*****g time. he is strong like vieri, has very good techine for a player his height and stabile so much. he is always agressive on the opponent defenders what often forces them to send the ball in the corner or in the out. fantastic player. pjanovic scored a nice goal and he was always in the chance. he runs a lot and he has a great dribling skills. very fast and VERY, VERY dangerous. awesome player. he reminds me of bergkamp but believe me or not he is even better now.
subs: zoric for lerinc; bunjevcevic for markovic(injury but he is o.k); stevanovic for pjanovic
zoric played at first in the midfield but when bunja came in he moved on the right full back position where he was really good. this guys eats the ball. i have never seen such an aggresive player in positive sense in our football. i am glad that we bought him from obilic. bunja played for 25-30 minutes in the midfield but on the next game he'll go back in defence as muslin(THE GOD) said on the press conference. stevanovic was poor but this guy knows how to score a goal because he saved us last season couple of times(sutjeska, radnicki kragujeva, spartak).
the black spot were constant clashes between police and the fans. police forces don't belong on the stands and they can't solve any problem beating people(some fans are not okay but still leave thih after the game).
general impression is that for dinamo kiev game we will be the best form as muslin said before the first game in this competition. my personal opinion is we can pass them and our peak will be in some of the groups in the CL. but before that we need to eliminate dinamo who is even without rebrov a good and strong team.
ratings:
kocic-; markovic 6; gvozdenovic 6.5; bajcetic 7; lalatovic 8; glogovac 7; boskovic 7; lerinc 7; ilic 5.5; drulic 8; pjanovic 7.5 - subs: zoric 7; bunjevcevic 7; stevanovic 6;
regards from belgrade from booky,

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Lucky you, actually got to watch the game ;)

Can you possibly write a more detailed description of the goals ? Mainly Drulic's last minute drive. I heard it was a spectacular solo effort.

In contrast to your report, I read that Markovic did infact have a solid game and has likely won a spot at right back after today's performance.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drulic got the ball about 30-35 metres from the goal. he was occupied with three defenders but he went in drive. about 15-16 metres from the goal he made a dribling with his right foot and enable himself to shoot with his left foot successfully. great strike.
about markovic. today he didn't play well but i said that we don't miss dudic in our game so with this statement i clearly said that his position on the right side is reserved. don't believe too much to the web sites and newspapers. according to some web sites and newspapers dejan ilic had a good game against torpedo but truth is on the other side. against torpedo he was awful. he had so many bad passes what is not acceptable for the midfielder.
the rest of the goals were a product of the brilliant action by red star players.
FORZA LALATOVIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Thanx bookmaker11 for the excellent reports. Hope RS win on the return match in Kutaisi. Just to earn some extra ponts to better their UEFA coefficient.

I worry about Lerinc's injury. Hope he is fit for the game vs. Dynamo K. Any news about Acimovic? He has been out of sight since EURO2000. Is he on the bench? He is a potential substitute for "Veron".

Another worry is what will UEFA say about the police action on the stands. I plan to come from the USA to see RS vs. Dynamo K. in Blgd., and I hope UEFA won't decide the game to be played outside of Yug.

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
What can I say but....

ZVEZDA JE ZIVOT, OSTALO SU SITNICE!! :D

Congratulations to our team, I am only sad that the tensions are building up on our stadiums..It might cost Zvezda dearly, and really, I don't see how our players will be able to concentrate on the game in circumstances like these where the police are brutally beating the fans as if they are animals..:(
WHAT KIND OF A COUNTRY HAVE WE BECOME??!!!
I am not surprised young players are taking any chance to leave the country, this is becoming worse by the day, and I can't see it ending without another war..Another possibility is that SPS might try to "communize" Red Star, maybe get rid of Dzajic and put their own man..I am quite sure Zvezda are going to be under a lot of pressure from SPS after this match..
The bastards have already done it to SD Crvena Zvezda (sports club), they put some commo Branislav Ivkovic in charge, but the football club has somehow been resisting, the question is for how long????:(

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
The FCRS may be able to resist the regime takeover a little longer since the FC have a special status (professional) within the entire Sport Association RS. Moreover, there is no pro-regime member on the FC board of directors, so it appears that the Club is safe from an inside coup. However, there is going to be a very strong outside pressure from the regime and it is likely that some SPS or JUL sleezball(s) will take over the FC, just as they did in the case of the University. But after that, there will be no more FC Red Star as we know it. I am sure that the fans will revolt and either the club would have to get rid of the fans or no game played on the RS stadium will be ever finished.

I'd feel bad if fights between the police and the fans would prompt the UEFA to ban our club from further competition or to force them to play their home games outside of the country. However, those fights are coused by the regime's intolerance towards criticism, not by fan hooliganism. There is no way that people should be beaten because they sing anti-regime songs. If the UEFA decides to punish RS - bad, but it would be much worse if RS fans and all of those who oppose Milosevic's regime will stop singing.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well put Ben!!!!! I couldn't have said it better myself. :)

It would be a shame if the voice of the people is silenced because of strong arm tactics by the government. The pictures from the match speak a thousand words. The country's going to hell in a hand basket if things don't change soon.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Thanks for the report, Bookmaker :)
Glad to see your team winning :p

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to congratulate you for your victory :eek: . Anyway Torpedo recently spend their pre season in Bulgaria, and they appear from the class of our middle table teams (they hardly ever beat these), so it's not a surprize for that win although I expected you could score more.
And luck against Dynamo K I believe you have pretty good chances. Is the first match away or at home?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts